[2.3] CoC Cyclone Discharge Trickster! HC/Level 100 Viable!

"
Le_Sanzo wrote:
"
Marxone wrote:

Good information. You mention self-cast in your suggestion. Does that mean that Bakedchicken or others do a different version of bladevortex/bladefall?

How does using coc-cyclone-bv-bladevortex do in early levels? (35+). Is it a valid option to try to level with that or is self -cast the only way to go?

Self cast seems more efficient. Blade fall usually oneshot rares without much effort if you have Herald of Ashes and Hatred, so that's easy leveling path through whole Cruel. So it's faster to just kite mobs a bit and then splash them with 1 echoed cast. Since the CoC Discharge requires a big of traveling across the tree and is basically dependant on Voll's Protector + Vagan Dager, it is better to save currency doing self cast Bladefall / Blade Vortex while picking the AoE nods asap. Then focus on crit and then you can swap to CoC.
Also, sometimes Voll's is pretty expensive on day one, so if you don't rush for merci withing 15 hours of new league, it might make more sense to wait for cheapening Voll's

There's also that possibility to acquire fast Tabula Rasa instead of trying to 6L Volls Protector and go 3 spells on CoC Cyclone, but the timing when to swap is basically at personal preference. As I mentioned, going discharge before A2M where you grab the extra Power charge, i don't find it efficient. Also, it is possible that you won't get Vagan dagger on day 1 (A2M is like 10-12 hours .. ) and i would not do CoC with some generic dagger.

There is lot of variables in leveling that can be modified up to personal preference, and there is the big question how the market will behave early league. There might be starting Voll'S Protectors for 20c which i find utterly expensive, so if I'd have that kind of currency, i would just buy Tabula ang do CoC Phys spells till the market settles down.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"

Taking Swift Killer would mess up EE since you would then be discharging cold damage with frenzy charges.

Would it really mess up EE? I think the cold damage would just be inefficient, as in the frenzy part of the discharge gets resisted. But the Cyclone hit with added cold still makes the monsters vulnerable to the fire/cold damage, on the next cycle of the attack.
Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

I was planning to level as Physical CoC and respec 20 points to Discharge if I get Voll's Devotion, or Phys if seems terrible(it's probably totally fine), I know Discharge is great with rare amulet, anyway.
However, the Physical CoC build scales great with Frenzy Charges, so I'll give it a try.

If cold don't mess up EE, the Helm Enchant: 30% chance for Discharge not to consume Charges. Is starting to look really enticing.
Anyone have experience with the 20% version, I assume it's good-ish.
"
Marxone wrote:
"
Bonka wrote:
"
Marxone wrote:

It is viable even with 4L and blue Vagan Dagger. Lack on defense without the "ideal setup" so viability depends on the decision between HC and SC.

HC is probably better early 60/70 with Bladefall instead of discharge.

Patchnotes for 2.3 did not nerf anything except agains lower Whirling Blades, build itself is still powerful (maybe more with 2 more ascendancy points where you can get auto frenzy generator

can be played without Volls, rest of the gear can be garbage (shield like 350ES for 5-10c / helmet with 280ES for 10-20c , boots and gloves also easy to afford, most expensive stuff to start are jewels and rings

Thanks for the responses. I've been skimming over some posts in this thread and haven't come across any recommendations for leveling and when to switch in to this build. Any information would be much appreciated.

Guys like Bakedchicken who usually go CoC Discharge till lvl 100 are leveling with blade vortex, then swapping to blade fall and cycling through these two while leveling 6 discharge gems in weapon offset :)

I find selfcast blade vortex to be fun to level with , 4L just Spell echo (faster cast at 18-38) , Inc Duration (added fire 8-31) and Controlled Destruction. By going through the phys dmg nodes first, then going north for witch AoE (lvl 35ish) , with inc duration and echo you should be able to keep up 8-10 stacks which is enough to oneshot whites and some blue packs. Swapping to CoC probably late 50' after you accumulate enough crit (and most likely if you are gonna play since day 1, i recommend to steal as many free Vagan's as humanly possible at /820 so you can reach lvl 4 vagan usually on day 1 and then hope for dagger so you won't have to buy one.

It's no budget leveling, you don't need anything, Blade vortex or Blade fall does insane dmg if you take those total +90% phys dmg starting nods. You can ditch them later after swapping to Discharge, which you can do usually at merci A2 after getting 6th Power Charge.

Do you have a small lvling tree to lvl Blade Votex first then switching to Discharge late 50s? This will be my first CoC build and never really did BV either. Thanks
Last edited by Merkoh on Jun 2, 2016, 6:50:35 PM
"
Merkoh wrote:

Do you have a small lvling tree to lvl Blade Votex first then switching to Discharge late 50s? This will be my first CoC build and never really did BV either. Thanks

While respecting the pathing, i would most likely go like this

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCALDYotkJIPmkyBSjo3DU9W9Mg2qMdIEWvyaVdf1h4oRv1EK1SOtjES8rCl3yDkgRlgcef8aVLpMn8NVsC76K74hJUSL0oS_K0_k3bRm0DNfPl_QI9Oq6SbFSU8BUDXyXlT1fakNXySj6gscdvjOHA-4=

it's like 45ish level. At the point you will start to either grab the crit nodes or mowe to templar for AoE, or go ao grab Vaal Pact. If you'd like the blade fall leveling more, you just don't grab the duration nods, either way you respec out of them later.

I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Marxone wrote:
"
Merkoh wrote:

While respecting the pathing, i would most likely go like this

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCALDYotkJIPmkyBSjo3DU9W9Mg2qMdIEWvyaVdf1h4oRv1EK1SOtjES8rCl3yDkgRlgcef8aVLpMn8NVsC76K74hJUSL0oS_K0_k3bRm0DNfPl_QI9Oq6SbFSU8BUDXyXlT1fakNXySj6gscdvjOHA-4=

it's like 45ish level. At the point you will start to either grab the crit nodes or mowe to templar for AoE, or go ao grab Vaal Pact. If you'd like the blade fall leveling more, you just don't grab the duration nods, either way you respec out of them later.

What i did not realize is the buff to Scepters implicit mods, it might be interesting to follow leveling described in https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1667452 with Spark or other ele spell.

3.13 was the golden age.
Hey guys, been playing Overwatch! I will be updating this guide over the next week. Build will be as viable as ever!
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Only me who cant watch skilltrees? just a mess with randomnodes activated and no links :/ any known problem?
mh damn volls amulet will be hard to get hands on this league when there is no Zana Mod for chancing available in 2.3 :(
"
urgen wrote:
Only me who cant watch skilltrees? just a mess with randomnodes activated and no links :/ any known problem?

Works on my pc!
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
"
Mihawkdracule wrote:
mh damn volls amulet will be hard to get hands on this league when there is no Zana Mod for chancing available in 2.3 :(

Cards are better for most people anyways. Chancing took more time, was not guaranteed and contributed far less amulets than the div cards.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info