[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

"
ab_ wrote:
thanks op, this build is a blast

i had a really hard time when i transitioned to CI at lvl 33 because i simply didnt have adequate levelling gear. also, at that level, i had 4 mana flasks equipped because you just don't leech mana (fast) enough to consistently cast icestorm and/or deal enough damage with it.

spell echo and reduced mana gems fix that issue, but spell echo is lvl 38. so, if you want to have a really smooth transition, i would do it at 38.

also, kudos for using the templar tree aoe nodes, those fuckers are underrated and totally worth it.

this build is at least as much fun as my (khelsie-inspired) AFK cwdt witch.

cheers!

p.s. i love this build because it is goddamn smart. i couldn't have imagines a build that relies on astramentis. so, whoever came up with the concept - i tip me hat

Thanks! Although the original concept is not mine. @Baalorlord was the one who created the original version of this build (I have a link to his thread in the first post), I just adapted it for facetanking endgame bosses and branched into other classes (Witch and Templar so far).
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Billydanomad wrote:
This build can not do Minotaur deathless. Maybe with perfect gear, non-rare maps. It's not bad for most content though. I'm done with it now.

This build can do Mino deathless easily, with mods and without 'perfect gear'. Minotaur is the easiest of the guardians. But if you try to range him he'll Ground Roll you. Facetank him.

Or you are one of the people who decided to skip Unwavering Stance. Mino can perma stun you without it.

Show a video, until then, stop making the claim. The build is solid, but your claim of it beating Minotaur with 8K ES and non-elite gear is fiction until prove otherwise. I've played your exact set up.
Last edited by Billydanomad on Nov 7, 2016, 6:05:43 PM
"
ab_ wrote:

i had a really hard time when i transitioned to CI at lvl 33 because i simply didnt have adequate levelling gear. also, at that level, i had 4 mana flasks equipped because you just don't leech mana (fast) enough to consistently cast icestorm and/or deal enough damage with it.

spell echo and reduced mana gems fix that issue, but spell echo is lvl 38. so, if you want to have a really smooth transition, i would do it at 38.

also, kudos for using the templar tree aoe nodes, those fuckers are underrated and totally worth it.

cheers!

p.s. i love this build because it is goddamn smart. i couldn't have imagines a build that relies on astramentis. so, whoever came up with the concept - i tip me hat

Astramentis is only a stop gap.

You should look for amulets such as this:

You can get them for about the same price as an Astrementis:

http://poe.trade/search/ayoikerakoikon
Last edited by Billydanomad on Nov 7, 2016, 5:55:44 PM
"
Billydanomad wrote:
"
ab_ wrote:

cheers!

Astramentis is only a stop gap.

You should look for amulets such as this:

You can get them for about the same price as an Astrementis:

http://poe.trade/search/ayoikerakoikon

that is a damn fine amulet - but i spent most of my c on an astramentis. so i am all outta currency for now - it works well enough, and i will keep my eye open. in any case, there are, like 3 weeks left in this league so nothing matters anymore =)
"
Billydanomad wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Billydanomad wrote:
This build can not do Minotaur deathless. Maybe with perfect gear, non-rare maps. It's not bad for most content though. I'm done with it now.

This build can do Mino deathless easily, with mods and without 'perfect gear'. Minotaur is the easiest of the guardians. But if you try to range him he'll Ground Roll you. Facetank him.

Or you are one of the people who decided to skip Unwavering Stance. Mino can perma stun you without it.

Show a video, until then, stop making the claim. The build is solid, but your claim of it beating Minotaur with 8K ES and non-elite gear is fiction until prove otherwise. I've played your exact set up.

It's right there, in the boss guide: Minotaur

Or do you require one specifically with the Scion version because you think that the Inquisitor is somehow different? If I make a separate Scion video just for you, I'll have to dedicate it to you. :)

Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 7, 2016, 6:38:33 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Or do you require one specifically with the Scion version because you think that the Inquisitor is somehow different? If I make a separate Scion video just for you, I'll have to dedicate it to you. :)

That is not a scion. I've played your exact build, it not viable for Minotaur (deathless), unless you maybe have elite gear. You will not beat the Minotaur deathless with only 8K ES with this (i.e. Scion) build, as you claim. It's almost as if you do not think there is ANY difference between the ascendancies. The fact you provide a video with a Templar kind of shows you do not understand the differences between the builds. Again, its a solid build, but stop pretending its with out flaws.

The scion is essentially stunned every time they cast WI, which is counteracted by the inquisitors cast/attack speed bonus, slamming fortify against the Minotaur is risky proposition with the scion build, and with out fortify, you are getting crushed.
Last edited by Billydanomad on Nov 8, 2016, 1:33:47 AM
"
Billydanomad wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

That is not a scion. I've played your exact build, it not viable for Minotaur (deathless), unless you maybe have elite gear. You will not beat the Minotaur deathless with only 8K ES with this (i.e. Scion) build, as you claim. It's almost as if you do not think there is ANY difference between the ascendancies. The fact you provide a video with a Templar kind of shows you do not understand the differences between the builds. Again, its a solid build, but stop pretending its with out flaws.

The scion is essentially stunned every time they cast WI, which is counteracted by the inquisitors cast/attack speed bonus, slamming fortify against the Minotaur is risky proposition with the scion build, and with out fortify, you are getting crushed.

Ok, you asked for it... :)

Lv 91 Scion totally beating the Minotaur deathless with 8k ES

I had to dust off my lv 91 Scion from the Perandus league with her mediocre stuff that was worth 2 ex total back then, do the Uber Lab which didn't exist in 2.2 yet, and then dumb her down to 1600 Int (8.4K ES; my Icestorm tooltip is only 7k which is too low for T16). The char is Lady__Summer in my profile if you want to see more detail.

The map mods are shown at the start: 120 IIQ, 38 IIR, 15% pack size. -Regen, +Crits. You can see some pretty hefty crits happening there. Still deathless.

No, it's not as easy as with the Inquisitor. Have to watch out for shock and Fortify a lot. But easy enough, and my Scion's gear here is quite a bit worse than the Inquisitor's. With his gear the Scion would have about 9.5k ES and 8k Icestorm and it would go much safer.

So, there you have it: you've played my exact build and couldn't do this, therefore I can't do this either, because I don't understand the difference between my own builds. Want to make any other claims?

And I have no idea what you even mean here:
"
Billydanomad wrote:

This build is immune to stun and Leap Slam is exactly what you need to use to keep Fortify up.

If you want to be REALLY safe, bring 5 Chemist's Basalt flasks of Grounding and run Purity of Lightning (see the Purity setup in the Boss Guide). But that's overkill.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 8, 2016, 5:57:15 AM
i am pretty sure he meant your castlock (thanks to spell echo) which is something between 1/2 and 1 second. if you have played this build for some time you kinda get used to it, but, people like me get stuck on the casting animation in inadequate situations, like, when you have to move really really fast. for the time being, i guess i will use a faster casting gem instead of elemental focus.

it really is annoying since in every other situation this toon moves rather fast. also, i excchanged flame dash with lightning warp (a thing you probably do too, in lab) because you dont get stuck on environment.

right now i am desperately trying to upgrade my gear with more int. i still wear ilvl 33 gloves and shavronnes pace because of that. pretty much at half of your es/spell damage and most encounters are a joke. i love the stacking aoe of icestorm as long as you can keep the bosses position fixed.

cheers!
"
ab_ wrote:
i am pretty sure he meant your castlock (thanks to spell echo) which is something between 1/2 and 1 second. if you have played this build for some time you kinda get used to it, but, people like me get stuck on the casting animation in inadequate situations, like, when you have to move really really fast. for the time being, i guess i will use a faster casting gem instead of elemental focus.

it really is annoying since in every other situation this toon moves rather fast. also, i excchanged flame dash with lightning warp (a thing you probably do too, in lab) because you dont get stuck on environment.

right now i am desperately trying to upgrade my gear with more int. i still wear ilvl 33 gloves and shavronnes pace because of that. pretty much at half of your es/spell damage and most encounters are a joke. i love the stacking aoe of icestorm as long as you can keep the bosses position fixed.

cheers!

Casting speed would be important if you needed to move rapidly, i.e. dodge stuff ("...when you have to move really really fast"). But this build facetanks, not dodges. The only place where you need to dodge is Uber Atziri. Everywhere else you just get used to the playstyle and all your moves become deliberate and calculated, you plan your actions 2 seconds ahead. There should be no situations "when you have to move really really fast", faster than 1 second anyway. SE results in more DPS than FC, that's why it's used.

Maybe it's hard to adjust after playing dodge/reactive builds, I dunno. But if you start changing the build to fit a totally different play style it may become less viable. Clearing trash with FC instead of EF is fine, but losing a 50% MORE dmg modifier will hurt in a boss fight.

This build is already a Raider that has frenzy charges and Onslaught while clearing or running thru the Lab. Use Silver and/or Quicksilver flasks for even more speed.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 8, 2016, 4:53:11 PM
Hi
I have read all the pages from 1-54, (and also the other two version...),it cost me several hours haha :)
Finally I decide try scion cause I have a level 90 Scion in standard with no skill point at all
just wanna make sure whether the skill tree is the best in ur opinion. it seems waste more points on the way to US. Is that better to copy the other version go from the left side to US?
And is that worth we pick potency of will too? totally +90% skill effect duration so we can stack more icestorm when facetank a boss.
SORRY,All noob questions

Cheers

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info