[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

"
tiago_c wrote:
I know, I´m using faster casting for orb of storms. I want a faster attack for leap slam but is pretty hard get the right color (RRBG) for a Int gloves and I'm out of chromes at this moment. My boots have no movement speed and I miss that, but any boot with +50 int and movement speed is incredible expensive :/

Thanks for the feedback!

Getting RRBG for the gloves is very easy. Use Vorici 1R for 4 chroms, it only takes a few tries with average luck.

Boots only get very expensive if you want ms AND high Int AND high ES and resists. You don't need to have all that at the same time. Look for boots that have slightly lower Int, a little less ES, etc.

"
I notice in your gear you have a damage support instead of life leech. Is this for when you are a high level?

No, that's because the gear snapshot is from 2.2 (as the note there says). In 2.2 we had the Ascendant Berserker leech that was really OP and we didn't need the Life Leech gem. Then GGG nerfed it, but I was too busy playing the other versions of the build in 2.3 and now 2.4 and I still need to update the gear and stats. If I only update the gear then the stats become too inflated - I can't do that much DPS with Life Leech. I've been trying to find time to do everything but not quite there yet. Sorry.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 26, 2016, 12:06:44 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
WikarinaTana wrote:
Hi, just a little question:

Is it possible to sacrifice all the AoE node in passive in order to boost single target damage (not that it is lacking)?

I was wondering if with a concentrated zone more icicle would hit the target or if the increased of aoe would make them it multiple times.

Im doing a variation of the build and really need an answer from WI expert :)

Yes, you can drop Amplify and Blast Radius in favor of more single target DPS. You can clear trash with the AoE gem. However, tiny Icestorm radius kinda sucks against mobile bosses. I imagine Hydra would be very annoying. But it's an option.

thanks for the answer, but i think (learned the hard way) taking at least one oh them, if we use blasphemy, is mandatory...died going to early to Atziri and died miserabily to the trio (a little panic) and the usual icestorm before running, except the lack of AOE was twice detrimental:

it didnt it the had that would have leeched to full life
The range of blasphemy i was used to was too smal..no enough leech...

after that, respected 3 points..and it went fine... in SC :P
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
Hey thanks for all the replies, I appreciate that alot! Don't worry, take you're time man. I'm only playing a hour a day for now but having lots of fun so far..thanks for the build, and taking the time out to share it with us.
"
WikarinaTana wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
WikarinaTana wrote:
Hi, just a little question:

Is it possible to sacrifice all the AoE node in passive in order to boost single target damage (not that it is lacking)?

I was wondering if with a concentrated zone more icicle would hit the target or if the increased of aoe would make them it multiple times.

Im doing a variation of the build and really need an answer from WI expert :)

Yes, you can drop Amplify and Blast Radius in favor of more single target DPS. You can clear trash with the AoE gem. However, tiny Icestorm radius kinda sucks against mobile bosses. I imagine Hydra would be very annoying. But it's an option.

thanks for the answer, but i think (learned the hard way) taking at least one oh them, if we use blasphemy, is mandatory...died going to early to Atziri and died miserabily to the trio (a little panic) and the usual icestorm before running, except the lack of AOE was twice detrimental:

it didnt it the had that would have leeched to full life
The range of blasphemy i was used to was too smal..no enough leech...

after that, respected 3 points..and it went fine... in SC :P

Yeah, the radius of all AoE skills is affected: Blasphemy, Orb of Storms, Ball Lightning, even Leap Slam (hitting more targets = better chance of proccing Fortify). The AoE nodes are worth taking.
Is Controlled destruction gem better than fire penetration?
"
Garvox wrote:
Is Controlled destruction gem better than fire penetration?

No. FP always gives more real damage than CD. It doesn't show in the tooltip, but penetration is a huge deal. See the Build Theory/Offense.
What total ES should I target for end game? I'm doing a dual curse build (using orb of storms Curse on Hit to proc temp chains), also using an energy from within, and have 10.8K at level 84 with tool tip DPS ~ 4200, same gem set up for WI as OP. Farming Uber Lab (max keys) fine. My build is under EKnomad.
Last edited by Billydanomad on Oct 30, 2016, 2:38:18 AM
"
Billydanomad wrote:
What total ES should I target for end game? I'm doing a dual curse build (using orb of storms Curse on Hit to proc temp chains), also using an energy from within, and have 10.8K at level 84 with tool tip DPS ~ 4200, same gem set up for WI as OP. Farming Uber Lab (max keys) fine. My build is under EKnomad.

Dual curse, as in WM + TC? That's a bad choice. Enfeeble is much more important than TC. If you want to play dual curse, go with WM + Enfeeble. For Uber Lab that's completely fine, Izaro is already very slow, you don't need TC for him.

Energy from Within, Foresight, etc - a total waste. Your ES comes from Int. 1500 Int = 300% increased ES. All that small %ES stuff is irrelevant.

You can do everything with 8-9k ES. Having over 10k ES makes it safer and more comfortable, but don't sacrifice damage for ES. Int is everything, ES is secondary.

4.2k tooltip at lv 84? Sounds a bit low. The characters in your profile are hidden. Open them if you want me to take a look.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 31, 2016, 4:27:11 PM
Do you ever use armor flasks on top of end charges and fortify?
"
Do you ever use armor flasks on top of end charges and fortify?

Yes. For these 3 targets: Rigwald, Chimera, Shaper. They do extremely high physical damage and I bring Granite+Basalt flasks to those fights.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info