[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

izaro oneshot me with 5.7k ES on merc ...

ffs. time to take a break from the game i guess, pumped yesterday again 90 chaos into items after getting 70 on HC. I'm done with this crap.
Last edited by danteafk on Sep 22, 2016, 10:49:36 AM
"
danteafk wrote:

ffs. time to take a break from the game i guess, pumped yesterday again 90 chaos into items after getting 70 on HC. I'm done with this crap.

5.7k es is not much at all.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
EFazzaD wrote:
Hello Kelvynn!

I'm level 90 with a Scion using this build. The damage in your guide reaches 12k without buffs and mine is currently 6k. I thought, with my level and the items i am using, that it would be much higher. I am using 3 Izaro's and all the Brute Force's and Fertile Mind's. My gems most now are 17/20%. I'm with 1420 intelligence. What could be causing such difference of damage? I noticed that in the guide you indicate Life Leech, Cold to Fire and Fire Penetration, but in gear you do not use Life Leech but Controlled Destruction . I'm not using Controlled Destruction. Should i switch Life Leech by Controlled Destruction? How is survival in this case?
Spoiler

Thanks!

The guide was created during 2.2 (as noted in it) when we had the amazing leech from the Ascendant Berserker node, which got nerfed in 2.3. That's why the screenshot/gear says 'in 2.2'. So now we are back to using LL instead of CD, and my Icestorm on the Scion is around 9k. I need to get those things updated with the current numbers/gear but there is always something better to do. :) Sorry about that.

You can actually use CD instead of LL for most of PoE content if you get the leech enchantment on your boots. Which you should anyway because it's awesome. I often farm with Item Quantity instead of LL. It's less safe, but when you are not trying to level it's fine, deaths happen very rarely.

That said, lv 20 gems are quite a lot more powerful than lv 17. And your Int on the chest, boots and especially the gloves is too low. Get more Int. Icestorm damage is a direct product of your Int.

Sorry, Answer is there.
In 2.4, how many is your int?
My int will glow up to around 1600. need +100 int?
Thank you.
"
superjack010 wrote:
Would you rather use the Elementalist or the Ascendant class? Which is BiS?

The difference between the Witch (Elemantalist) and the Scion was already explained several times, including just yesterday. Read up. There will be a Templar (Inquisitor) joining the club soon as well.

Each version can do all targets in PoE. What's best for you depends on your personal goals and play style preferences.

"
Cheezycookie wrote:
What do you think about replacing one of the ascendencies with hierophant

the massive amount of ES seems too good to pass up

HIE would lose a lot of DPS. We've been trading ES for DPS since the moment this build split from the original WI Scion build. You only need as much ES as you can lose in 1-2 sec before you leech it all back.

"
kid_a_444 wrote:
Hi, Kelvynn!

I have one question.
My dps is 4.8k with elementalist, fire golem and one Izaro jewel on lvl81 skill tree.
And int is 1400.

Youre dps is around 12k and int is 1700.
My dps glow up to around 12k with add 300 int and 3 Izaro jewels?

Thank you for very nice build.

Icestorm avg hit is not DPS. Our actual DPS is far higher than that, you can compare how quickly it destroys the same targets as builds with the tooltip showing actual DPS.

12k Icestorm was in 2.2, it's 9k now after the nerf in 2.3.

4.8k Icestorm and 1400 Int at lv 81 is perfectly fine. Your gems are not 20/20 yet either, I assume (my gems are 21/20). My gear is also pretty godly since I've been playing this build for a while now. If you reach 7k Icestorm by lv 92-93 with 20/20 gems it should be fine.

"
danteafk wrote:

Merc Izaro has essences today. If you let him get buffed with charges, essences or put the curses on you, then you need a lot more ES and you must make sure to keep Fortify up. The max hit I've taken from Izaro in Uber Lab with max charges and either essences or curses was around 7.5k thru Fortify, and IIRC about 6.5k in Merc.

I would not recommend doing Merc or Uber lab in HC on a day when Izaro has dangerous buffs you are not geared enough to deal with. Or at least don't let him get buffed.

"
kid_a_444 wrote:
In 2.4, how many is your int?
My int will glow up to around 1600. need +100 int?
Thank you.

My gear in Standard is currently on the Witch, but the Scion had something like 2100 Int with it. My Scion is lv 99 (this build scales with levels very well, all the way to 100), and I own a +1 curse Astramentis which allows me to use two legacy Perandus Signets. This is basically the upper limit of the build. Something around 1700-1800 Int (on the Scion version) is enough to farm anything you want (Shaper, Uber, w/e).
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 22, 2016, 2:36:26 PM
This build is killing everything on merciless with 5k es and 1100 int without any problems.
For high phys hitters just use armor flask. Every boss is done under 10s
Hi, just a little question:

Is it possible to sacrifice all the AoE node in passive in order to boost single target damage (not that it is lacking)?

I was wondering if with a concentrated zone more icicle would hit the target or if the increased of aoe would make them it multiple times.

Im doing a variation of the build and really need an answer from WI expert :)
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
Thank you buildlord. Started yesterday as 2nd guy on Essence League and it's already a lot of fun. Everything is super cheap except the amulet, which is totally worth it.
"
WikarinaTana wrote:
Hi, just a little question:

Is it possible to sacrifice all the AoE node in passive in order to boost single target damage (not that it is lacking)?

I was wondering if with a concentrated zone more icicle would hit the target or if the increased of aoe would make them it multiple times.

Im doing a variation of the build and really need an answer from WI expert :)

Yes, you can drop Amplify and Blast Radius in favor of more single target DPS. You can clear trash with the AoE gem. However, tiny Icestorm radius kinda sucks against mobile bosses. I imagine Hydra would be very annoying. But it's an option.
Allright, im playin 2 month in this build without arctic armour and fortify, and i have some conclusions.
In first, build need MORE mobility, maybe i have so low cast speed (my profile is open so you can see all what you want). I have 71% more cast speed for WI, its so slow to evade enemy attacks what can 1shot me. Also my boots have 15% movespeed.
Second thing is reflect. Its hard to dodge, im tryin to evade and run out and get fail. Im try to use conversion trap but i can miss place or drop trap so slow.
Third thing is resistance troubles. Im can cap it from tree and aura or two yellow items or jewels (what can reduce outcoming damage so hard).

Also, can we choose crystal belt? Resistance flask with unfreeze mod seems more useful.

Thanks for answer.
"
Kryshlom wrote:
Allright, im playin 2 month in this build without arctic armour and fortify, and i have some conclusions.
In first, build need MORE mobility, maybe i have so low cast speed (my profile is open so you can see all what you want). I have 71% more cast speed for WI, its so slow to evade enemy attacks what can 1shot me. Also my boots have 15% movespeed.
Second thing is reflect. Its hard to dodge, im tryin to evade and run out and get fail. Im try to use conversion trap but i can miss place or drop trap so slow.
Third thing is resistance troubles. Im can cap it from tree and aura or two yellow items or jewels (what can reduce outcoming damage so hard).

Also, can we choose crystal belt? Resistance flask with unfreeze mod seems more useful.

Thanks for answer.

What 1-shot attacks are you trying evade? If you are playing without AA and Fortify, then I imagine a lot more things can 1-shot you. So start using AA and Fortify. This build facetanks the enemy, with only a few exceptions where you need to dodge their main attack. High mobility is NOT a part of this build.

Dodging reflect? Running away from reflect? See, that's where you are doing it wrong again. You are playing a ranged attacker? The guide says in several places that you are NOT a ranged attacker and shouldn't play like that. You deal with reflect by getting close to the enemy, hitting multiple enemies at the same time, with only occasional use of Ruby flasks for the bosses and rares. There is a video of mapping with reflect+NoRegen in the Video section.

Oh... but you are NOT USING AA!! You are missing a huge layer of defense against reflect: 13% LESS reflected damage. Yeah, I imagine that taking 13% MORE damage from reflect hurts. Use AA! And don't run from it. AA works when you are not moving.

I have no idea why you would want to use Conversion Trap. That skill has absolutely no use for this build.

Struggling to balance resistances? You can definitely use a belt to help with that (chill/freeze will be an issue without Auxium but that's a lesser evil). I am about to update the guide for 2.4 and recommend the Essence-crafted Crystal belts, they are the best choice now, but only available in the league and may become legacy after this league is over.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 6, 2016, 5:05:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info