[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

"
goldenflash wrote:
hi there, im building your build in essence league, its kinda late already, but im realy excited for it.
im kinda of a new player and dont have that much currency, atm around 3 ex. but was wondering if you could add more leveling skill trees, instead of just the lvl 14 one.

makes leveling alot easier if you know what to do, since its my first time building a CI character.

was looking for a build wich could do atzir/uber lab/ end game maps and i think i found it.

hope to hear from you soon,

cheers.

Please check the Leveling Guide. There are trees all the way to lv 92 and the exact order of progression there.

"
xcjabberwock wrote:
Hi,

I just wanted to thank you for your build.
It has been a real pleasure to play it. It is strong and well-balanced, no trouble to clear most of the maps.
I played longer than expected, reaching level 92, making this character my most experienced one (previously I only managed to play until level 90). I went pretty far in the end-game content, as I'm at the door of the Shaper now, with 102 maps completed. I'd have never thought I would go that far ^^

While there is still room for improvement, I'm pretty happy with my gear. I'm currently using 2 Perandus signet most of the time, only switching back to Doedre's Damning for some maps. I went a little bit differently on some links and skills, not using fortify but a granite flask (42% physical damage reduction with it).
Spoiler
I'm thinking of switching my last quicksilver for something else, but it's fine for the moment. While capped, I'm sometimes having issues with lightning damage while under Elemental Weakness.
I still have to get some decent enchants on helmet, gloves and boots (in that ordre I think) but I already outreached most of my goal.

Here's my gear :
Spoiler

Thanks again for this build and the time you spent elaborating it and sharing it with us :)
I'll be sure to follow your next ones ;)

You're welcome! :)

Fortify protects against all hit damage, not just physical. For the heavy physical encounters (Rigwald and Chimera) I just bring Granite and Basalt flasks. There isn't anything else where they are needed. But the 3rd curse (TC) can really make a difference in most of the endgame maps. This build started with 2 Perandus Signets too, but switching one for the 3rd curse proved to be a very good decision.

"
Kaztenral wrote:
I'm new to this build and have some questions:
1. Why Orb of Storm over other lightning spells. I'm planning to Whirling Blade -> Leap Slam, Lightning Warp -> Orb of Storm. I'm thinking this will give me more agility to dodge some Aoe spells. (Whirling Blade is actually slower but have a faster responding time)
2. For jewels, the guide is suggesting damage ones, but wouldn't + attack and cast speed better for the reason in question 1, while still providing approximately same damage.

Orb of Storms crits PER HIT. It's a very reliable way to trigger Elemental Overload. It also benefits from our increased AoE and duration nodes. Lightning Warp won't be useful here.

You cannot use Whirling Blades with WI, it requires a different weapon. We facetank almost everything and only dodge very few things that can 1-shot.

This is not a cast speed build. You don't get to cast a ton of spells while standing still. Most of the time you cast, move, cast, move, etc. Small % increases to cast speed won't do much here. Int or damage is the way to go.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 16, 2016, 11:13:50 PM
For a new player which would you recommend, Witch or Scion?
hi there, im lvl 81 on this build and im realy enjoying it, but im stuck with my chest, atm i got a budget vaal regalia, but i need it offsocket and i have no currency left.

would it be a choice to go look for a *The Beast Fur Shawl Vaal Regalia*??

its a decent chest, not very high ES, but other stats are pretty powerfull, the only downside is the 5% increased taken damage, do you think this would affect the build in a heavy way ? the build does have high defensive capabilities already, + the life leech is incredible.

would love to know your opinion on this.

also do you have any tips on the 6 socket 5 link with a lone green socket, vaal regalia are already pretty expensive with good ES stats, let alone the offsocket colors/ correct link.

also i wanted to know, we dont need a doedres ring with the whispering doom passive node right ? cuz we already get 1 extra curse from over there. i suppose doedres can be an option if your resist are good enough on other parts of your gear right ?

hope to hear from you soon,

with kind regards,

Newoz
Last edited by goldenflash on Oct 19, 2016, 6:15:04 PM
"
WNxTyr4el wrote:
For a new player which would you recommend, Witch or Scion?

If you have not played this build before and don't have another reason (like an existing high level character) then I always recommend starting with the Witch. It's the easiest version to play.

"
goldenflash wrote:
hi there, im lvl 81 on this build and im realy enjoying it, but im stuck with my chest, atm i got a budget vaal regalia, but i need it offsocket and i have no currency left.

would it be a choice to go look for a *The Beast Fur Shawl Vaal Regalia*??

its a decent chest, not very high ES, but other stats are pretty powerfull, the only downside is the 5% increased taken damage, do you think this would affect the build in a heavy way ? the build does have high defensive capabilities already, + the life leech is incredible.

would love to know your opinion on this.

also do you have any tips on the 6 socket 5 link with a lone green socket, vaal regalia are already pretty expensive with good ES stats, let alone the offsocket colors/ correct link.

also i wanted to know, we dont need a doedres ring with the whispering doom passive node right ? cuz we already get 1 extra curse from over there. i suppose doedres can be an option if your resist are good enough on other parts of your gear right ?

The Beast Fur Shawl has up to 552 ES, 40% inc dmg, no Int, no resists. 40% inc damage is not as good as even 35-40 Int. A Vaal Regalia with 600+ ES, 40+ Int and even some resists can be bought for 2-3c on poe.trade. I see no reason to bother with the unique here.

The 6th (unlinked) socket is normally green (AA), but can also be blue (Discipline, while AA is in the helmet; or Orb of Storms, if your gloves or boots happen to roll RRGG) or red (Flame Golem, pop it manually).

We use 3 curses, i.e. need 2 extra curses. That's what we get from Doedre's Damning and Whispers of Doom. You can play with 2 curses instead of 3 (drop TC) up to tier 15 maps, but you really want all 3 curses for the endgame.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 19, 2016, 6:38:00 PM
thanks for answering my questions ;), although i still have a few.

what skill gems do you use late game?

im still rocking the 3 red 3 blue you said in your leveling build, the main thing is im still walking around with life leech i think, is that neccesary ?

i dont have enchant on boots yet since im not sure if i can run uber yet without lfe leech. i got 7.2k shield buffed. 2.6k dmg tooltip, ( wich says nothing i know).

ress capped.
got everything up until unwavering stance
all converting jewels.
1 izaro's jewel ( im poor).
got everything you have, exept for the third curse.

do you think i could run uber atm ?

ofc i could always just try, but since i am poor, the 4c per offering is a big deal for me atm, ( already sold evertyghing i have, EVERYTHING for fueling this build haha, so cant realy afford to lose 4c each try.

hope you can help me out here.

cheers,

Newoz
"
goldenflash wrote:
thanks for answering my questions ;), although i still have a few.

what skill gems do you use late game?

im still rocking the 3 red 3 blue you said in your leveling build, the main thing is im still walking around with life leech i think, is that neccesary ?

i dont have enchant on boots yet since im not sure if i can run uber yet without lfe leech. i got 7.2k shield buffed. 2.6k dmg tooltip, ( wich says nothing i know).

ress capped.
got everything up until unwavering stance
all converting jewels.
1 izaro's jewel ( im poor).
got everything you have, exept for the third curse.

do you think i could run uber atm ?

ofc i could always just try, but since i am poor, the 4c per offering is a big deal for me atm, ( already sold evertyghing i have, EVERYTHING for fueling this build haha, so cant realy afford to lose 4c each try.

hope you can help me out here.

cheers,

Newoz

Your profile is public, good. Let's see...

You have only 1 curse currently (WM). The 2nd curse (Enfeeble) is currently applied only to ranged attackers. You need either Doedre's Damning or Whispers of Doom to start cursing enemies with WM+Enfeeble at the same time. I'd recommend starting to use Doedre's instead of that two-stone ring. You are 1 point short of the next jewel, so grab it at lv 82 and then go for Whispers of Doom.

Why is your Enfeeble at max lv 11? Did you forget to let it level?

You can craft another resist on your chest.

Once you are running with 2 curses, you can do Uber Lab. You can do it already, but really carefully, don't let Izaro get buffed. You want a few easy wins to start, and it will be also your source of income. Of course use CE instead of IR for Izaro, and your Icestorm will be a lot better than 2.6k. Your gems are still lv 18, it'll get higher with levels and added quality.

Your gems are correct (IR for the trash, CE for the bosses).

Your boots are weak and not really even worth enchanting. You need ones with higher Int. Your helmet is 11% and you should definitely get at least 13-14% (don't bother with 15%, that's currently way too overpriced for 1% extra).

Generally, most of your stuff needs upgrading. Farm Uber Lab, get the currency, upgrade.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 20, 2016, 12:50:37 PM
Would It be worth getting a +1 curse astramentis for a quad curse? Use elemental weakness on top of fire pen gem, or possibly swap out fire pen for something? Not sure wich would amount to more deeps.

Or also you could atleast loose the doedre's ring for something like another perandus or a good rare. I reckon a astramentis like that would be pretty pricey.

Oh, and I'm about to hit 33 and change to ci(for the first time, ever) lol. Feel's good man.
Last edited by FrooostyTheBlowman on Oct 20, 2016, 6:23:32 PM
"
Would It be worth getting a +1 curse astramentis for a quad curse? Use elemental weakness on top of fire pen gem, or possibly swap out fire pen for something? Not sure wich would amount to more deeps.

Or also you could atleast loose the doedre's ring for something like another perandus or a good rare. I reckon a astramentis like that would be pretty pricey.

Oh, and I'm about to hit 33 and change to ci(for the first time, ever) lol. Feel's good man.

+1 curse Astramentis is a luxury upgrade for this build. 4th curse is not worth it, but swapping Doedre's for another Perandus Signet is.

However, +1 Astra is extremely rare and expensive. Do not count on getting it any time soon. Get everything else very good first before you even start thinking about +1 Astra.
Hi, I am about to switch to CI, searching for jewels, you recommend at this point put 4 jewels - Fertile mind 2x, Brute Force, Izaro Turmoil. Since This guide is for Scion I guess Brute Force has no use, since there is no STR nodes alocated. Witch has bunch of STR nodes alocated, so this jewel has sense. Same with Fertile Mind, only spot for this is next to Vaal Pact, where is a lot dex nodes, but where to put other ones? Izaro Turmoil I guess is whatever slot. Thanks for advice.
The Scion version is really bad. Can barely do any of the guardians deathless and they are extremely sketchy, even with Life Leech gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info