[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

"
DBB2003 wrote:
hi one question . im interested in playing this build as a templar. Which changes in the skill tree would you do ? And which ascendancy class would you take ?
Also do you think this build is far better with scion and witch instead of the templar ?

I haven't tried Templar yet. The obvious choice would be Inquisitor with the 3 Ascendancy paths except the crit branch (Righteous Providence) since this is not a crit build. There is some interesting stuff there such as Augury of Penitence (nearby enemies deal 5% LESS elemental damage) - that could work very well against bosses such as Uber Atziri. And Pious Path (immunity to ele status ailments) would rock against Core Malachai who tries to freeze and shock you. And faster casting/attack speed with Instruments of Virtue can work well with some glove enchantments (IF it can be triggered by glove enchantments; I have no idea).

So yeah, Inquisitor has potential. Obviously less DPS than the Witch and not as safe against reflect as the Witch. But reflect aside, it may be safer than the Witch against bosses.

The skill tree would be the same exact as the Witch'es except for the 3 starting nodes. And you'd have to wait a few levels before switching to CI because the pathing there is longer from the Templar start.

It's an interesting idea if you are looking for something new (like me). Or if you already have a leveled Templar to reset. But if you are starting a new character and you haven't experienced the awesomeness of the Witch yet - do the Witch first. Or if you are in a hurry to level faster or plan to go to lv 100 - do the Scion.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Aug 31, 2016, 10:22:16 PM
Here's an advantage that the Scion has over the Witch that might become more important in 2.4: the Scion uses 1 less gem (1 golem instead of 2; you don't really need a support for it). And that allows you to add Enhance to your curse link as a luxury upgrade (6L). For example, I use this on my Scion in Standard:

It was mostly for fun since everything was already slow enough. But now that bosses mitigate curses harder, that extra 24q might just start to matter a lot. We'll see.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Here's an advantage that the Scion has over the Witch that might become more important in 2.4: the Scion uses 1 less gem (1 golem instead of 2; you don't really need a support for it). And that allows you to add Enhance to your curse link as a luxury upgrade (6L). For example, I use this on my Scion in Standard:

It was mostly for fun since everything was already slow enough. But now that bosses mitigate curses harder, that extra 24q might just start to matter a lot. We'll see.

Your Witch thread has these links:

5L: CWDT (lv 1) - Ball Lightning (lv 4) - Curse of Hit (20/20) - Enfeeble (lv 20) - Temporal Chains (lv 20).

4L: Enlighten - Blasphemy - Warlord's Mark - Discipline or Arctic Armor.

4L: CWDT - Immortal Call - Summon Flame Golem - Summon Lightning Golem.

3L: Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Fortify.

so you could add Enchance as 6L even there with 2 golems, isn't it?
"
Ksakep wrote:

5L: CWDT (lv 1) - Ball Lightning (lv 4) - Curse of Hit (20/20) - Enfeeble (lv 20) - Temporal Chains (lv 20).

The very next line:
"
Remaining sockets: Arctic Armor or Discipline, Orb of Storms.

You still need to put those somewhere. One goes into the 6th (unlinked) socket in the chest armor, one into the 4th socket in the gloves/boots.
I would really like to start Essence league with this build, you think it's possible? I believe it will not be easy to get an Astramentis before level 33 in the new league...

Thanks!
Last edited by EFazzaD on Sep 1, 2016, 2:02:43 PM
Just use any ammy with Int at the start, Astramentis will come later
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Ksakep wrote:

The very next line:
"
Remaining sockets: Arctic Armor or Discipline, Orb of Storms.

You still need to put those somewhere. One goes into the 6th (unlinked) socket in the chest armor, one into the 4th socket in the gloves/boots.

Hmmmm... so what if we put Orb of Storms INSTEAD of Ball Lightning, will it be ok to proc curses or not?
"
EFazzaD wrote:
I would really like to start Essence league with this build, you think it's possible? I believe it will not be easy to get an Astramentis before level 33 in the new league...

Thanks!

You can get by with a high Int/Str/AllStat amulet for leveling (Int is everything for this build and some Str will be required for the red gems too). But I don't think anybody knows how hard it will be to find WI in this league.

Lightning Tendrils is actually not that bad for leveling. You can get pretty far with it just by leveling the gems and adding more support while waiting on the WI to come along. Don't switch to CI without WI, of course.
"
Ksakep wrote:
Hmmmm... so what if we put Orb of Storms INSTEAD of Ball Lightning, will it be ok to proc curses or not?

That's not a good solution for ranged attackers and bosses that move a lot. But yes, it could be an option for specific bosses. Problem with that is that Enhance and Ball Lightning are different colors. The optimal setup for the gloves and boots uses 3 off-colored sockets in each (which is going to get a whole lot cheaper in 2.4 thanks to the Vorici change, but still 120 chroms), so changing colors often would be too expensive.

Anyway, that's a Witch-specific issue. If it becomes a problem, we'll look for a solution in the Witch thread.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 1, 2016, 5:37:38 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
EFazzaD wrote:

Thanks!

You can get by with a high Int/Str/AllStat amulet for leveling (Int is everything for this build and some Str will be required for the red gems too). But I don't think anybody knows how hard it will be to find WI in this league.

Lightning Tendrils is actually not that bad for leveling. You can get pretty far with it just by leveling the gems and adding more support while waiting on the WI to come along. Don't switch to CI without WI, of course.

I hope that the price of WI do not get much more expensive than it is today.
Thanks for your help!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info