[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice EleRaider - Viable for Everything

Just want to say thanks for this build. I ran it to level 92 in PHC until I ripped to a mistake fighting the Plaza boss.

I managed to face tank fully buffed Uber Izaro, Argus and almost every other boss in the game. Even lightning thorns from Shavronne in Core. When I ripped, I did Core Malachi just to test and didn't die once. Also did normal Atziri with ease.

The build is definitely very solid, and I'll be playing it again in a new league, as it can handle almost all content. The FPS lag just sucks majorly from Whispering Ice.

I did get a bit lucky, getting my 845 ES Chest for 40 chaos. I ended up with around 11k ES. I didn't bother use Perandus Signets or the Black Crest helmet. Trying to get ES and resists is painful with those two items. I also didn't run the freeze belt until just before I ripped. If you can use freeze pots, it's not mandatory, just a nice QoL.

I did a long due update to the Scion guide: added lots of new detail to the Leveling section, and some minor changes based on the 2.3 experience.

Added new videos from the 2.3 Witch that I play in Prophecy:

[2.3] The Pale Council
[2.3] Twinned Plaza
[2.3] Uber Lab
[2.3] Uber Atziri
[2.3] Prophecy: Core Farming

Scion can do exactly the same (ok, maybe don't cast on Core Shav when she has Thorns up). The new Uber Atziri strat with PoF is much safer than the old one that I've used since the dual-curse version, but I still won't recommend doing that in HC - accidents happen. The only 100% safe way to farm Uber in HC is to use one of those broken OP builds that insta-kill her before she can do any attacks (and get nerfed in the next patch).
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jul 12, 2016, 12:30:17 AM
"
DrFugazi wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Lots of people have been enjoying WI+CI right from lv 33, including even some in HC. When it doesn't work, the cause of all issues is usually not understanding the importance of Int (which gives you everything: ES, DPS, leech). If you don't use items with Int and ES then it will suck.

Just talking about leveling here.. I like the build a lot and it works great after level 70 when you have the gear. However int doesn't care if you are Armor or ES.

It does. :) Int gives you ES (5 Int = 1% increased ES) and it directly increases Icestorm damage (10 Int = 2 BASE dmg), which in turn increases the amount of ES leeched to you.
"
With ES while leveling you either have to spend an astronomical amount of currency on leveling gear or you will have a low amount of it.

All leveling items except WI and Astra can be found for 1 alc in a new league. I have updated the guide with the exact gear I was using in Prophecy.

Leveling is very easy as CI with the correct gear with this build. Icestorm is very different from any other skill. Give it some Int and it will solve all issues that you may encounter if you try to level as CI with any other skill.

"
daleroy wrote:
Just want to say thanks for this build. I ran it to level 92 in PHC until I ripped to a mistake fighting the Plaza boss.

I think she has Far Shot. Her Mortar attack seems to hit harder the further she is away from you. And it's Fire based despite green color (I guess GGG hired another new artist). You need to leap to this boss ASAP (and again if she teleports). She is very easy up close.

"
I did get a bit lucky, getting my 845 ES Chest for 40 chaos. I ended up with around 11k ES. I didn't bother use Perandus Signets or the Black Crest helmet. Trying to get ES and resists is painful with those two items.

You totally don't need 11k ES. About 8-9k is enough for everything. I didn't use Perandus Signet on my Scion in the previous league and did just fine with a high Int+resist rare ring.

Actually, the Witch version now uses Pyre+CD instead of Perandus+AoF+CtF. It's a whole lot cheaper, easier to max resists and saves you 2 tree nodes, i.e. the build goals can be achieved 2 levels earlier, while the overall power is about the same. It's another trade of a little ES for a good chunk of DPS. But I haven't checked it with the Scion version yet. Scion has higher Int and benefits from Perandus more than Witch. It may or may not result in an upgrade here. But it's definitely an option for a new league.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jul 12, 2016, 2:22:06 AM
Do you think Doedre's Scorn is a good choice (increase damage per curse on ennemy) ?
"
polymortis wrote:
Do you think Doedre's Scorn is a good choice (increase damage per curse on ennemy) ?

No. 80% increased damage on tri-cursed enemies will not even make up for the loss of 15% Int. And then there are curse immune bosses.
Why i can't summon 2 golems?
Please look my profile what i must upgrade to be stronger?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Jezzi/characters
Last edited by Jezzi on Jul 15, 2016, 3:35:11 PM
I am happy i really enjoyed both the video and reading this guide its wonderfully made. I most adlit i was thinking:
"Heretic veil is coming" but got so positively surprised at the way you used to build.

I an also happy you took off and made your own, hopefully i saw ballolord (don't remember the name) guide and met your cunning spirit there.

That's all no question, no feedback, just came by and sent some positive energetic vibes.

Cheer

Wirarina
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
so, here is my current gear:

Currently, the gloves only have 4 mods, and i am looking to add +ES to them, after my Haku is lvl7. The boots are nowhere near 50Int mark, but both gloves and boots are getting my resists to F70/C75/L71. Maybe there are some better boots/gloves out there, but i´m not sure if the gain is worth the investment.

Other than that, the build is really nice. i need to get more levels, and get a lot of the jewel nodes. still only lvl76 and at least 14 levels to go :)
"
NaBeRa wrote:
so, here is my current gear:
Spoiler

Currently, the gloves only have 4 mods, and i am looking to add +ES to them, after my Haku is lvl7. The boots are nowhere near 50Int mark, but both gloves and boots are getting my resists to F70/C75/L71. Maybe there are some better boots/gloves out there, but i´m not sure if the gain is worth the investment.

Other than that, the build is really nice. i need to get more levels, and get a lot of the jewel nodes. still only lvl76 and at least 14 levels to go :)

Fire is the one resist you really must max (because of the reflect). Other than that, decent gear, and +1 Astra is awesome. Boots should be the next upgrade priority. And a 18% WI isn't hard to get. Shoot me a whisper (@Ice_Prophecy) if you still need Haku.
Just wanted to say +1000 for playing psytrance in your Core farming video :)
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info