[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

Is there a possible Path of Building link I can get a hold of if anyone has created one for it :)
putting this on my to-do list today
Hi! I'm having a lot of fun with this build, it's the first one that I've taken seriously & enjoyed to play with. With other builds I either balls it up, tire of it, or can't afford it. So this has ticked all the boxes (: Thanks

With that preface, would you mind seeing how I'm doing with it? Is this good for the current level? Absolutely no idea how this will eventually hit 500k like yours, so any advice going forward? I hit about 50k with fully loaded frenzy charges.

Thanks!
Last edited by Elalition on Aug 18, 2017, 9:42:10 AM
"
Elalition wrote:
Hi! I'm having a lot of fun with this build, it's the first one that I've taken seriously & enjoyed to play with. With other builds I either balls it up, tire of it, or can't afford it. So this has ticked all the boxes (: Thanks

With that preface, would you mind seeing how I'm doing with it? Is this good for the current level? Absolutely no idea how this will eventually hit 500k like yours, so any advice going forward? I hit about 50k with fully loaded frenzy charges.

Thanks!

You got it.

Your skill tree looks fine for now but your gear is going to be holding you back.

You need to ditch that amulet ASAP and pretty much get anything with flat physical damage and life. Your rings are ok for now, but you're going to want more life and physical damage on them while maintaining resists.

Gloves are ok for now if you need the resists but lack the two main things for DPS: flat physical damage and attack speed

Boots are kinda lame without ANY movement speed, even though you can WB everywhere very quickly

Lastly, I would probably ditch Rive for something that is equally high pdps but is life on hit (or gemini claw for life and mana on hit)...but thats not as important right now

feel free to hit me up in game if you need help
"
You got it.

Your skill tree looks fine for now but your gear is going to be holding you back.

You need to ditch that amulet ASAP and pretty much get anything with flat physical damage and life. Your rings are ok for now, but you're going to want more life and physical damage on them while maintaining resists.

Gloves are ok for now if you need the resists but lack the two main things for DPS: flat physical damage and attack speed

Boots are kinda lame without ANY movement speed, even though you can WB everywhere very quickly

Lastly, I would probably ditch Rive for something that is equally high pdps but is life on hit (or gemini claw for life and mana on hit)...but thats not as important right now

feel free to hit me up in game if you need help

Appreciate the assist! Yeah resists are what I struggle with keeping up (as you can likely tell from the suffixes), simply haven't gotten any amazing rolls yet. A couple with a single res of 30-45% but nothing super viable.

As an aside, would leech not work better vs single targets like bosses? Mobs I breeze through, but bosses I sometimes struggle tanking and/or dodging.

Thanks again, now I know what to prioritize (:
This is not the build for fun regular/casual players, turn back now. You will not have 5k hp and amazing damage. You will have about 150-200k dps as a sane regular player, 500k dps is only achievable through bullshit 50ex+ gear. You will not be able to do maps higher than t13 without paying for someone to kill the boss for you. You will be constantly on the look-out for fast attacking purple/blue packs, harbingers are always a frustrating coin-toss.

NOT end-game viable.

If you just want to farm t9-t12 maps, though, this build could work, but I would direct your attention to absolutely any other wander build as that skill is a million times more satisfying to use and explode monsters with like a shotgun, and has a great feel to it overall.

Trying to get to shaper with 100 chaos gear almost gave me an aneurysm and made me want to quit PoE. I'll go play a much more satisfying build now instead and hopefully correct the game's image for myself before I burn out from garbage 2015 called melee builds.
Last edited by Megaddd on Aug 18, 2017, 7:26:18 PM
"
Megaddd wrote:
This is not the build for fun regular/casual players, turn back now. You will not have 5k hp and amazing damage. You will have about 150-200k dps as a sane regular player, 500k dps is only achievable through bullshit 50ex+ gear. You will not be able to do maps higher than t13 without paying for someone to kill the boss for you. You will be constantly on the look-out for fast attacking purple/blue packs, harbingers are always a frustrating coin-toss.

NOT end-game viable.

If you just want to farm t9-t12 maps, though, this build could work, but I would direct your attention to absolutely any other wander build as that skill is a million times more satisfying to use and explode monsters with like a shotgun, and has a great feel to it overall.

Trying to get to shaper with 100 chaos gear almost gave me an aneurysm and made me want to quit PoE. I'll go play a much more satisfying build now instead and hopefully correct the game's image for myself before I burn out from garbage 2015 called melee builds.

But... that's what regular/casual players go through? The story and some mapping that is. How many casual players do you really think will head down to Shaper? And it's a build that's about being melee, so I'm not sure how or why I'd look at a wander for that. But it's great that you found this dissatisfying, because now you know what build not to play! That's good on you bud.

Personally am enjoying the build. Don't have a Bringer of Rain yet, have been using this Deidbell I found for quite some time. But looking forward to the upgrade.
@say_ten,

loving the build and having a load of fun with it, wondering if you could quickly check me out and see if it looks like im heading in the right direction with gear/tree etc would be much appreciated to get your opinion on it.
got some expensive updates - some decent 360 pds claws/6l lc/abyssus and 75/75/75 resists/4k life, any suggestions for further imrpovements? I got around 300k dps in PoB and pretty much one shot anything, but sometimes i die from random one shots which is quite sad :(
"
noelclover89 wrote:
"
Megaddd wrote:

NOT end-game viable.

But... that's what regular/casual players go through? The story and some mapping that is. How many casual players do you really think will head down to Shaper? And it's a build that's about being melee, so I'm not sure how or why I'd look at a wander for that. But it's great that you found this dissatisfying, because now you know what build not to play! That's good on you bud.

Personally am enjoying the build. Don't have a Bringer of Rain yet, have been using this Deidbell I found for quite some time. But looking forward to the upgrade.

I think you summed this up well. I am a casual player too.

@Megaddd: Not sure how long you've been playing but I know that a lot of people playing this game have no patience, and sometimes you have to grind for a few more levels for passives before you can do all of the endgame content. Not sure what level you got to or what your gear was, but I would be curious to see it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info