[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
Say_Ten wrote:

you have to click on your account name at the top of the screen, then click privacy options and uncheck the box that says "hide all characters"...then i can see what you're working with

as far as buffing LS, there are projectile damage nodes and pierce nodes that would be effective

Ok, done
Hi!
I Play your build and it makes a lot of fun - but (maybe i miss something) how do you handle pyhs.-reflect mobs?? or maps?
"
Dylan91 wrote:
Hi, I'm deciding between this build and the MoM Essence drain & Contagion Trickster for Harbinger/HC League.

Which build should I take between the two and why? I'm finding it difficult to discern which would be better as I'm a new player and have only played Marauder so far.

they are two totally different builds...mine is direct melee-beat the shit out of shit, the other is cast fine spells of wizardry from a distance and let people rot while you run around in circles. it really comes down to preference.

if you're a new player, you should just play and continue to learn the game mechanics as best you can. your first try or two in HC will be rough no matter what the build is. you will die to shit you couldn't even predict, etc.

in my personal and semi-biased opinion, you would be better off with a high lifepool tank-ish character if you're new and want to play HC. but everything you do gets your experience. pun intended.
"
Cordovan wrote:
Hi!
I Play your build and it makes a lot of fun - but (maybe i miss something) how do you handle pyhs.-reflect mobs?? or maps?

keep fortify up

life gain on it and flasks when you need to

enable the pantheon power that reduces reflected damage while you're mapping

if you run into phys ref, use LS

if you run into ele ref, use DS

eventually when all of this is set up, you SHOULD be able to run maps with reflect, but you will have to slowly and carefully try this out because everyone's build and gear is a little different
"
Willsen123 wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:

you have to click on your account name at the top of the screen, then click privacy options and uncheck the box that says "hide all characters"...then i can see what you're working with

as far as buffing LS, there are projectile damage nodes and pierce nodes that would be effective

Ok, done

ok, so you're right...your jewelry and belt suck. it takes a bit of time (and sometimes currency if you don't want to spend the time) to get those right. your damage will skyrocket if you get jewelry with flat physical damage on it. additionally, try to get at LEAST 60 life on each piece of gear. You need to slowly work your way up to 5k life or more. for example, last night i tanked uber izaro's ground slam with another guy in the party and he hit me for probably 5100 of my 5160 life. Between an insta-health potion and fast attacks with life on hit claws, i got it all back just as fast as i lost it.

the claws you are using are both unique (obviously) but that means the DPS isn't really high. at least your off-hand has high crit to spike the ailment damage. are you noticing good damage from the bleed or poison? i find that its nice to have some DoT but it isn't what it used to be. if i just go for direct damage i can kill shit faster.

i see you got a kiara's...that's really nice for bosses and heavy hitters.

your BoR could have a better life roll eventually (if you buy a second one). i usually have two for lab enchants anyway.

you should be doing enough damage that you don't need a mana flask. buy an atziri's promise for extra damage and leech.

also your life flasks are pretty beat. get a divine with instant recovery (or two). then run at least a basalt flask instead of the third life flask.

i see you are running vaal pact, yet you took two of the life regen nodes (they won't do anything if you use VP). you're also running blood rage. isn't that annoying as fuck? killing you unless you're hitting stuff. forces you to go quickly, which is fine for trash mapping, but you might want to not use it in certain scenarios, which means you go into your inventory and quickly remove it and put it back in. if you know what i mean.

keep in mind if you ever enchant those boots at the lab, you'll lose the implicit resists

you should also put chest armor on to level gems. they will get XP even though you can't use them. same thing in your secondary weapon slots. put two 3L haku items or, even simpler, just a 6 socket 2h weapon with gems. level them in there too.

ok i think im done for now. feel free to hit me up in game.

"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
Cordovan wrote:
Hi!

keep fortify up

life gain on it and flasks when you need to

enable the pantheon power that reduces reflected damage while you're mapping

if you run into phys ref, use LS

if you run into ele ref, use DS

eventually when all of this is set up, you SHOULD be able to run maps with reflect, but you will have to slowly and carefully try this out because everyone's build and gear is a little different

Okay, thanks for the hints! :-)
"
Say_Ten wrote:

ok, so you're right...your jewelry and belt suck. it takes a bit of time (and sometimes currency if you don't want to spend the time) to get those right. your damage will skyrocket if you get jewelry with flat physical damage on it. additionally, try to get at LEAST 60 life on each piece of gear. You need to slowly work your way up to 5k life or more. for example, last night i tanked uber izaro's ground slam with another guy in the party and he hit me for probably 5100 of my 5160 life. Between an insta-health potion and fast attacks with life on hit claws, i got it all back just as fast as i lost it.

the claws you are using are both unique (obviously) but that means the DPS isn't really high. at least your off-hand has high crit to spike the ailment damage. are you noticing good damage from the bleed or poison? i find that its nice to have some DoT but it isn't what it used to be. if i just go for direct damage i can kill shit faster.

i see you got a kiara's...that's really nice for bosses and heavy hitters.

your BoR could have a better life roll eventually (if you buy a second one). i usually have two for lab enchants anyway.

you should be doing enough damage that you don't need a mana flask. buy an atziri's promise for extra damage and leech.

also your life flasks are pretty beat. get a divine with instant recovery (or two). then run at least a basalt flask instead of the third life flask.

i see you are running vaal pact, yet you took two of the life regen nodes (they won't do anything if you use VP). you're also running blood rage. isn't that annoying as fuck? killing you unless you're hitting stuff. forces you to go quickly, which is fine for trash mapping, but you might want to not use it in certain scenarios, which means you go into your inventory and quickly remove it and put it back in. if you know what i mean.

keep in mind if you ever enchant those boots at the lab, you'll lose the implicit resists

you should also put chest armor on to level gems. they will get XP even though you can't use them. same thing in your secondary weapon slots. put two 3L haku items or, even simpler, just a 6 socket 2h weapon with gems. level them in there too.

ok i think im done for now. feel free to hit me up in game.

thx for your reply!!
The 2 unique claws are the 2 best I have found. one of them (Terror) i have now changed for a rare one.

It will be hard to get close to 5K life ... now i have 3,6K. there isnt any life node nearby in the tree ... and only the life from new jewels will bring me to ... maybe ~4K?

i also changed the mana flask for an atziri's promise.

with Vaal pact i feel safier, because my life bar get instantly full if i hit someone. You mean without vp it would be better?

yes you are right with blood rage :) if there is nothing to hit, my life bar goes down rapidly. i have replaced blood rage with ice golem.

i wear now a tabula rasa to level the other gems, thx for the tip.

Do you have another idea for the skill tree to optimize LS? or is it ok so?
Is it possible to use lightning strike with some other support skills?

It seems that multistrike is the only support gem right now?
Hey I saw that almost all melee builds runs kaom's roots which give stun immune temp chains immune etc, do you think it is worth using them ? And for chest something like 6l rare/belly/lc and use those 4 gems u lost from Boots into helm - abysses or rats nest or rare?
"
Willsen123 wrote:

thx for your reply!!
The 2 unique claws are the 2 best I have found. one of them (Terror) i have now changed for a rare one.

It will be hard to get close to 5K life ... now i have 3,6K. there isnt any life node nearby in the tree ... and only the life from new jewels will bring me to ... maybe ~4K?

i also changed the mana flask for an atziri's promise.

with Vaal pact i feel safier, because my life bar get instantly full if i hit someone. You mean without vp it would be better?

yes you are right with blood rage :) if there is nothing to hit, my life bar goes down rapidly. i have replaced blood rage with ice golem.

i wear now a tabula rasa to level the other gems, thx for the tip.

Do you have another idea for the skill tree to optimize LS? or is it ok so?

there is a ton of life to get. there are three you should take immediately right underneath vaal pact (4%, 4%, 8%). there are 4% life and evasion nodes by the Ranger start point. there are two jewel sockets that you won't put Might and Influence in...and each jewel socket can have up to 7% life. there is a really awesome node surrounded by all 5% nodes by the scion life wheel. believe me. you could probably have 6500 life if you wanted to sacrifice damage and get more life on gear.

i don't use VP because i like to use blood rage to get frenzy charges to clear trash in maps. i wouldn't want to risk the degen of blood rage with no life regen. plus you're having a tough enough time with a life pool as it is now. so i would use VP and ditch blood rage, or ditch VP and use blood rage (once you get all the regen nodes). keep in mind if you are using life gain on hit claws, you're not leeching anyway.

for more LS focus, i would probably head to Forces of Nature, Primeval Force, Piercing Shots/Pierce, and maybe Fury Bolts. everything else can pretty much stay the same

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info