[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
julianlazare wrote:
Did anyone manage to do Grandmasters?

i got close a few seasons ago but the max blockers and reflect guys are the worst. everyone else is a joke. i have NOT tried with bloodseeker or a weapon that doesn't let monsters evade or a diamond flask, all of which would likely be the answer.
"
Alavar wrote:
If I go daggers or a sword mainhand/statstick offhand...instead of claws...bad move? Significant changes to Passive tree? Brand New to shadow and could use pointers...feel free to PM if you dont want to clutter up the forum :) Thanks to all in advance.

sent you a message back
"
julianlazare wrote:
Did anyone manage to do Grandmasters?

Its impossible for this build (coz max block exiles), i can do it only with swap for 6l bow with caustic arrow (cant be blocked). Better just buy carry for HoG ...
HOLY SHIT

This build is insane! I freaking nuking the planet. LOL
I was playing EK before for a speed build and I wanted to try this because...hey why the fuck not.

And man does this kick ass. Gear is CHEAP right now. If you don't do this build just punch your self in the face.

TIPS ON LEVELING:

Equip two of the Kikazaru Topaz rings for Mana gen out the ass.
If you can't afford two put on a level 1 Clarity gem. Just keep that baby humming in the background for a ton of mana generation.

At around level 30 or so you will start getting punched in the balls a lot.

Stun really sucks. So pick up an Eye Of Chayula Amulet. CHEAP you loose 20% health but you will never ever be stunned again!. As you get more health stun is not as big a deal. He has great points put into stun recovery etc..in the Tree. If you get the amulet get one with with lots of Attributes helps offset the health loss.

From 45 to say 60 will slow a bit but not much. Once you put on your The Wasp Nest duo it's lights out. You will be doing INSANE damage! I one shot mobs with Dual Strike right now. I think sheet is over 40k. at 65.

Love the build and I'm excited to take it into maps. I may have to do some work on my all resists.

P.S. I have been rolling last 20 levels with Quantity Found and Item Rarity Gear on..and i'm still blowing the planet up.

Thank you for the amazing build!

Last edited by xmlviking on Apr 29, 2018, 9:10:01 PM
First char, first league.

So far is nice but I'm still using the gear I get from drops, zero trade.
Lvl 42 now, the build is really fun!

I've been trying out this build for a while after I saw it and fell immeadiatly in love with it.
A bit later I thought of maybe doing a more defensive approach with Duelist with perma-forrtify as you mentioned was possible. Would it be a not too bad choice to abandon the claw skills in exchange for the fortify improving skills from the duelist path and maybe take Berserking as well? (Merely as a theorycraft rn)
"
Traxaner wrote:
I've been trying out this build for a while after I saw it and fell immeadiatly in love with it.
A bit later I thought of maybe doing a more defensive approach with Duelist with perma-forrtify as you mentioned was possible. Would it be a not too bad choice to abandon the claw skills in exchange for the fortify improving skills from the duelist path and maybe take Berserking as well? (Merely as a theorycraft rn)

glad all you guys are enjoying

theory-wise, it's fine since you can pick up faster leech from slayer. up to you. not like it's ridiculously out of the way for claws anyway (hence you can start from multiple class locations).
Thanks for the great build Say_Ten, I'm having a lot of fun with it! I'm a new player messing around in Standard a bit before actually getting started during the Flashback thingy, so I don't really know anything about end game.

Could you take a look at my character and tell me where to go from here/what to upgrade first? I haven't looked at flasks at all yet, so those will be the first things, but I have no idea otherwise.

So far I've been clearing maps up until T6 or so and mostly things have been fine, but I got 2 main problems:

1. extreme mana issues: I'm constantly oom. Currently spamming mana flasks which is annoying. I'm hoping the passive claw node with mana leech (SouldRaker) will help out once I get to it, but is there anything else I can do?

2. low life: I only have around 3.8k life and I get killed in a split second sometimes. I know you wrote 5k life is minimum, but I'm not sure where to get it from. I already have decent life rolls on every piece of gear (they can be improved but it's not gonna add 1k+ life).

Thanks for any help!
Last edited by Voidsurge on May 1, 2018, 5:26:37 AM
"
Voidsurge wrote:
Thanks for the great build Say_Ten, I'm having a lot of fun with it! I'm a new player messing around in Standard a bit before actually getting started during the Flashback thingy, so I don't really know anything about end game.

Could you take a look at my character and tell me where to go from here/what to upgrade first? I haven't looked at flasks at all yet, so those will be the first things, but I have no idea otherwise.

So far I've been clearing maps up until T6 or so and mostly things have been fine, but I got 2 main problems:

1. extreme mana issues: I'm constantly oom. Currently spamming mana flasks which is annoying. I'm hoping the passive claw node with mana leech (SouldRaker) will help out once I get to it, but is there anything else I can do?

2. low life: I only have around 3.8k life and I get killed in a split second sometimes. I know you wrote 5k life is minimum, but I'm not sure where to get it from. I already have decent life rolls on every piece of gear (they can be improved but it's not gonna add 1k+ life).

Thanks for any help!

You already should have Soul Raker. This node will allow you to sustain mana without mana flask. Craft instant recovery divine flask, buy ToA if you have enough currency, get basalt and rumi's concoction asap.

You have 3.8k life without Herbalism and Constitution. You will have 4.6k with this nodes. Level also gives hp, plus you can go for some 5% life nodes later.
Thanks for the answer! I followed your advice and things are going much better. No more mana problems and easy mapping. Looking forward to exploring the endgame more!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info