[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
I can't get an T15 Elder down, tried 5 times so far, upgraded parts of my gear and min-maxed as far as i was able to, now im stuck with no idea what I could to besides investing in lv21/23qual gems or in a 20+ ex 400+ pDPs claws instead of my +elemental claw which I downgraded from LS to switch to a phase-run setup cause I stopped using LS 50hrs ago and have great fun jumping from pack to pack DSing my way through.

This keeps me on my tows, makes it funnier and more challenging to kill longrangeds and reflects. I wanna stay like that.

Don't want my Ice Golem no more, w/o a +3lvl ring with +regen for golems, he is dying and that's annoying, don't want to cast him often. So I switched him out for Arctic Armor and use a helm with -40% reserved.

Would there be a better flask than lions roar for defense, as the knockback effect often annoys me too.

I love the +50% flask regen on the belt. I got my flask up permanently, I can't even keep up with rolling over ASDF sometimes, but it's nice to have 4 flasks as "auras" which are always on.

Have a spare Xoph's heart lying around, but this won't help this build much right?
It decreases DS tooltip by 10k, and the "covering in ash" is kinda useless as i instantly kill most packs the second I jump on them.

Any ideas?

330 pDPS claws are not so expensive atm. You can buy 300+ pDPS claws with critical multiplier, because multiplier gives too much damage for assassin. You can easily buy it.

Change rings, belt, amulet, boots for better rolls.

Ice golem is always nice. Just use it between monster packs or only for bosses. I'm sure Ancestral Warchief + Punishment should be core. They give too much DPS meanwhile phase run is the worst fucking skill for this build. This skill is literally garbage.

Lion's roar knockback is awesome. Just get used to it, because it helps kiting and being safe.
amazing guide ...

Can i change double strike for blade flurry for 1x1 damage ?
Or blade flurry i'll not be improved with this guide ?

Thanks, guys !
Great guide, loving the concise style and the informativeness!

I've got a question:
Would you say going for Touch of Anguish + The Wasp Nest is better than going for the double Wasp Nest?

And thank you for all the effort you put into writing the primer!
"
VinylNix wrote:
Would you say going for Touch of Anguish + The Wasp Nest is better than going for the double Wasp Nest?

tbh The Wasp Nest is much better than Touch of Anguish, so there is no profit in it.
"

tbh The Wasp Nest is much better than Touch of Anguish, so there is no profit in it.

Really? Why do you think so?

Also, is having Unset rings that important? How optional are they?
"
I'm in dire need for help.

I can't get an T15 Elder down, tried 5 times so far, upgraded parts of my gear and min-maxed as far as i was able to, now im stuck with no idea what I could to besides investing in lv21/23qual gems or in a 20+ ex 400+ pDPs claws instead of my +elemental claw which I downgraded from LS to switch to a phase-run setup cause I stopped using LS 50hrs ago and have great fun jumping from pack to pack DSing my way through.

This keeps me on my tows, makes it funnier and more challenging to kill longrangeds and reflects. I wanna stay like that.

Don't want my Ice Golem no more, w/o a +3lvl ring with +regen for golems, he is dying and that's annoying, don't want to cast him often. So I switched him out for Arctic Armor and use a helm with -40% reserved.

Would there be a better flask than lions roar for defense, as the knockback effect often annoys me too.

I love the +50% flask regen on the belt. I got my flask up permanently, I can't even keep up with rolling over ASDF sometimes, but it's nice to have 4 flasks as "auras" which are always on.

Have a spare Xoph's heart lying around, but this won't help this build much right?
It decreases DS tooltip by 10k, and the "covering in ash" is kinda useless as i instantly kill most packs the second I jump on them.

Any ideas?

Stats in Hideout

Spoiler

Changing your offhand weapon to a bloodseeker will probably help a ton by sustaining your lifepool to almost 100%.
"
VinylNix wrote:
Really? Why do you think so?

Also, is having Unset rings that important? How optional are they?

Just from my personal experience lvling 5 dual strike assassin based on this guide. Even I prefer to use Frost Blades and Herald of Ice I still hardly believe that the Wasp Nest and even Allure are better options, and Touch of Anguish isn't worth mentioning. Not having extra attack speed on claws really affects whirling blades animation and kiting with frost blades / dual strike. All bonuses from Touch of Anguish is kinda meh.

Unset ring is good but you can run just normal one. You can use Ancestral Warchief, Vaal Haste, Punishment or Blood rage.

I don't play on my Bestiary assassin, but you can check it for skill gems.
"

Just from my personal experience lvling 5 dual strike assassin based on this guide. Even I prefer to use Frost Blades and Herald of Ice I still hardly believe that the Wasp Nest and even Allure are better options, and Touch of Anguish isn't worth mentioning. Not having extra attack speed on claws really affects whirling blades animation and kiting with frost blades / dual strike. All bonuses from Touch of Anguish is kinda meh.

Unset ring is good but you can run just normal one. You can use Ancestral Warchief, Vaal Haste, Punishment or Blood rage.

I don't play on my Bestiary assassin, but you can check it for skill gems.

Wait, so are you saying that Wasp Nest isn't a good choice? What is, then?

And why do you prefer Frost Blades over Lightning Strike?
"
VinylNix wrote:

Wait, so are you saying that Wasp Nest isn't a good choice? What is, then?

And why do you prefer Frost Blades over Lightning Strike?

The Wasp Nest > Allure > Touch of Anguish imo

I like Frost Blades animation and mechanic. I freeze any monsters on any tier which helps my survivability and I dont care about monsters' stats. In general I prefer more sustained / stable playstyle so freezing > shocking
Of all the gems used in this build, which ones should be upgraded to the +20% quality first?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info