[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

Is it a good choice to sacrifice a 300+dps claw for a bloodseeker to sustain life pool in boss fights?
"
Best_fish wrote:
Is it a good choice to sacrifice a 300+dps claw for a bloodseeker to sustain life pool in boss fights?

I think it's a bit subjective and related to how well you can play. I'm sure it helps a lot but so does kiting with LS and getting hit less. Plus doing more DPS means the fight is shorter. You'll have to try dude.
Is it ok to use ethereal knives instead of LS? (Both dps and utility wise)
"
Justaghostl wrote:
Is it ok to use ethereal knives instead of LS? (Both dps and utility wise)

No. EK is a spell, not an attack.
Just got broken here.

5960 HP and 566K DS Damage. With flasks, 4 power charge and 3 frenzy
Missing gloves and boots enchants.

Any tips about gem to use on helm?

Edit; Checking on PoB I can reach 635K with Vaal Haste and Q20 on the last 2 gems of Belly.
Last edited by julianlazare on Apr 18, 2018, 8:03:29 AM
"
julianlazare wrote:
Just got broken here.

5960 HP and 566K DS Damage. With flasks, 4 power charge and 3 frenzy
Missing gloves and boots enchants.

Any tips about gem to use on helm?

Edit; Checking on PoB I can reach 635K with Vaal Haste and Q20 on the last 2 gems of Belly.

excellent work

beyond this point it's really up to you. a few guys have set up ancestral protector/warchief, which does significant damage on its own as well as buffs you...but you have to cast something. you could manually cast punishment or set it up with another CwDT gem array. you could run vaal grace as well.

I ended up grabbing an elder claw awhile ago to support my secondary attack into a 5L. Even if you still keep it at 4L, you can make a call on whether or not you want to ditch the CoH setup at this point and just support your secondary attack with 2 additional gems for damage. Even with stillusing CoH, I'm still shredding the fuck out of map trash with LS and the curse on hit at range with LS is nice for bosses if you have to kite a bit too.

i am experimenting with a 5L protector setup because the last weapon i bought happened to be elder with stuff built into it.

one of the more useful things i set up was blood magic on whirling blades

good luck
What's the average price of this build?(using BoR)
"
Justaghostl wrote:
What's the average price of this build?(using BoR)

If you start it now (late in the league), just to get red-tier mapping, I'd say you're well under an exalt.

I'm talking gear that's more than good enough to use at level 90 to farm/play.

Once you want to start cranking the DPS really high or you're looking for well-rolled rares, that's when you start to pay out a bit.

Note: cost doesn't include buying all 20/20 gems. if you settled for corrupted ones, i think you'd still be under 2ex.
Did anyone manage to do Grandmasters?
If I go daggers or a sword mainhand/statstick offhand...instead of claws...bad move? Significant changes to Passive tree? Brand New to shadow and could use pointers...feel free to PM if you dont want to clutter up the forum :) Thanks to all in advance.
Last edited by Alavar on Apr 21, 2018, 10:16:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info