[2.3 Video Guide] CoC, Quill Rain, INSANE DPS Assassin [HC/SC Viable]

Replacing Inc Crit Strikes gem is brutally hard because you really need the base crit from it for scaling a Quill Rain. Dropping Inc Crit Strikes is a 20% base crit chance loss on top of the critical strike chance it gives. Basically no 5L chest is worth giving up that much damage TBH.

IGN: Dmillz
First post. :)

Might be a silly question but... Is Bladefall any better then EK? or just worst. Also, if anyone wants to check my gear and suggest upgrades let me know!
"
Krevaan wrote:

Might be a silly question but... Is Bladefall any better then EK? or just worst. Also, if anyone wants to check my gear and suggest upgrades let me know!

The build focuses on projectiles, EK is projectiles and Bladefall is AoE. So projectiles such as EK, Spark, Ball Lightning, Frostbolt etc.. are what you want to be using. One physical and one elemental damage projectile are recommended to make reflect manageable.
Last edited by dupie on Jun 13, 2016, 10:11:50 PM
Great build, I dropped Tabula on normal Brutus so i play it from start of Prophecy.
Why you don't have %Q on main gems? (pierce, spark, EK, Inc Crit Strikes).

"
dupie wrote:
"
Krevaan wrote:

The build focuses on projectiles, EK is projectiles and Bladefall is AoE. So projectiles such as EK, Spark, Ball Lightning, Frostbolt etc.. are what you want to be using. One physical and one elemental damage projectile are recommended to make reflect manageable.

Still Ek doesnt beat bladefall no matter how you look at it. When using Lioneye jrwel it gets even better, it's possible to tripple hit boss with 1 cast.

ign PhysicalActivity
"
wildjesus wrote:
"
dupie wrote:
"
Krevaan wrote:

Still Ek doesnt beat bladefall no matter how you look at it. When using Lioneye jrwel it gets even better, it's possible to tripple hit boss with 1 cast.

Bladefall without poison and having all the projectile nodes in the tree + drillneck does less damage than EK for this specific build. I tested Vol with the two abilities over 5 kills for each and I average 1.7 seconds with EK and 3.9 seconds with Bladefall.
Last edited by dupie on Jun 14, 2016, 9:45:49 AM
What gems are good to have quality for?
Hey Guys, got a Question for the build.

With the suggestet gem setup i got 90.5% crit chance on my barrage.
When i change the crit chance gem to a crit multi gem, my crit chance drops to 67%. The averge damage of the spells is about 500 higher with the crit multi gem. I generate power charges with unstable infusion and sometimes my charges run out because i crit nearly every attack. My idea is now to chance the gem for a crit multi gem or even for an life leech gem + vaal packt, because damage is no problem at the moment. In my opinion 67% crit is enough for a smooth playstyle but im not sure if its worth it. Hope you guys can help me out on this one.

Last edited by mxr1337 on Jun 14, 2016, 5:48:22 PM
Hey there,

do you think that Rat's Nest, Voltaxic Rift, Victario's Acuity, Maligaros Virtuosity will give any advantages for this build compared to Quill Rain and Rare Gear like LNB recommended?

I`m lvl 73 so far in HC and everything works fine, just wondering if those Uniques might make the build 'better'.
"
mxr1337 wrote:
Hey Guys, got a Question for the build.

With the suggestet gem setup i got 90.5% crit chance on my barrage.
When i change the crit chance gem to a crit multi gem, my crit chance drops to 67%. The averge damage of the spells is about 500 higher with the crit multi gem. I generate power charges with unstable infusion and sometimes my charges run out because i crit nearly every attack. My idea is now to chance the gem for a crit multi gem or even for an life leech gem + vaal packt, because damage is no problem at the moment. In my opinion 67% crit is enough for a smooth playstyle but im not sure if its worth it. Hope you guys can help me out on this one.

You can reach 75-80% crit chance with the Lethality nodes and using two diamond rings + maligaros gloves, which is what I was using with vaal pact + leech. I have swapped a diamong ring for doedre's and now I am using warlord's mark + assassin's mark and have swapped leech for crit multi gem.

You sacrifice skill points and life to gain leech but it doesn't help when you have low life + mitigation and die before you can leech. I think if I kept playing and pushed to late game content I would opt for going with original tree and losing some crit nodes in tree to further focus on life and jewel slots.

If you play on softcore you can go for lower life to pump out max damage and have leech + vaal pact as your only tool to survive, best to test out for your preferred play style as there is quite a lot of personal tweaks to be made for the build.

Best of luck!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info