[2.4] Pure SRS *Cheap* *Atziri* *Magic Find* *Endgame Viable*

I have a few questions that I hope you can answer.

1. I bought a 5 Link Staff as a leveling weapon for when I get Spell Echo(it had lv 37 requirement), but when I transmuted it and altered it a couple of times I realized it had a high enough ilv to get +2 to Fire Gems. Is this worth trying to turn it into my main staff or would it be cheaper to start with a 6 Link?
Spoiler

2. Are there certain gems that I should get with quality more than others?

3. I want to use Vaal Summon Skeletons, even if it's unsupported(I love this skill), can I take off one of the Vaal Haste for it without it affecting the build too much?

EDIT: 4. I just realized Minion Damage + Life% jewels are extremely expensive for my budget(40 chaos x5). How is the survivability without any Life% Jewels? Do you still recommend me playing this build without Life% in Jewels? I really love this build, so I want to make it work. What if I sacrifice one Minion Damage Jewel for a Life%/Resist one?

"
Thawt29 wrote:
Something is wrong I think. As of this post I am level 60 and it looks like I am further along than I should be in my passive skill tree. Am I missing something? What am I doing wrong?

You got 8 passive points from quests(chances are you missed a few, it's 8 points per difficulty, plus 2 more from the bandits quest on the Cruel and Merciless difficulties if you follow the guide).
Last edited by srt746 on Jun 20, 2016, 12:00:08 PM
"
srt746 wrote:
I have a few questions that I hope you can answer.

1. I bought a 5 Link Staff as a leveling weapon for when I get Spell Echo(it had lv 37 requirement), but when I transmuted it and altered it a couple of times I realized it had a high enough ilv to get +2 to Fire Gems. Is this worth trying to turn it into my main staff or would it be cheaper to start with a 6 Link?
Spoiler

3. I want to use Vaal Summon Skeletons, even if it's unsupported(I love this skill), can I take off one of the Vaal Haste for it without it affecting the build too much?

EDIT: 4. I just realized Minion Damage + Life% jewels are extremely expensive for my budget(40 chaos x5). How is the survivability without any Life% Jewels? Do you still recommend me playing this build without Life% in Jewels? I really love this build, so I want to make it work. What if I sacrifice one Minion Damage Jewel for a Life%/Resist one?

"
Thawt29 wrote:
Something is wrong I think. As of this post I am level 60 and it looks like I am further along than I should be in my passive skill tree. Am I missing something? What am I doing wrong?

You got 8 passive points from quests(chances are you missed a few, it's 8 points per difficulty, plus 2 more from the bandits quest on the Cruel and Merciless difficulties if you follow the guide).

Alright thanks. I looked into it and I just started Merc, so I have not done all the quests that give the points yet. I will just wait it out and see where I am at at that point.
"

At the moment you can get a six link for about 40-50 chaos. I would recommend you to buy one and try to add +2 fire and craft cast speed. Such a staff is very good for a long time and maybe you get lucky with your regal ;-)

"

All the support gems for your srs profit a lot from quality especialy Minion Damage. SRS only adds movement speed which is good but not necressary. Quality on the rest of the gems is more or less irrelevant. The auraus e.g. only get radius and thats not that important.

"

Feel free to use it, i like haven that extra vaal haste when i need it but skeletons are also fun. But keep in mind that you dont have any skeleton nodes so if i remember correctly you wont get that much skeletons like a true summoner. You could also aim for two unset rings, that way you could use both.

"

You can still survive without big problems. The price of them is realy high and it should be the last you upgrade because the currency is usally better spend for other parts of your eqipment. In fact i wasnt lucky enough to craft some by myself and im too cheap to buy them and still survive most of the content without any problems.

"
Thawt29 wrote:

I think you got confused, the 60 tree is not lvl 60 its 60 points. That means you should be ahead when you reach lvl 60 ;-)
ooops...and it's a ranger again
Hey dude, im planning to start off with a +2 5 link until i get enough for a +3 6 link, i was just wondering, how is pledge of hands for this build? is it better than a +2 considering they're virtually the same price? Also, Surely a +1 all gems +1 fire is better than +2 fire?
"
"
Thawt29 wrote:

I think you got confused, the 60 tree is not lvl 60 its 60 points. That means you should be ahead when you reach lvl 60 ;-)

Oh... lol! Okay that makes sense. Thanks!
Last edited by Thawt29 on Jun 22, 2016, 1:50:24 AM
Just bought

I was just wondering, does the spell damage actually increase the SRS dmg? since it has the 'spell' keyword? I know that the cast speed/fire damage is of course helpful but i was wondering whether the spell dmg helps too.
I read that wrong. Let me restate. If you don't want to use Vaal haste what would you recommend?
Last edited by Thawt29 on Jun 22, 2016, 1:26:28 PM
"
FliegenTod wrote:
Spoiler
"

At the moment you can get a six link for about 40-50 chaos. I would recommend you to buy one and try to add +2 fire and craft cast speed. Such a staff is very good for a long time and maybe you get lucky with your regal ;-)

"

All the support gems for your srs profit a lot from quality especialy Minion Damage. SRS only adds movement speed which is good but not necressary. Quality on the rest of the gems is more or less irrelevant. The auraus e.g. only get radius and thats not that important.

"

Feel free to use it, i like haven that extra vaal haste when i need it but skeletons are also fun. But keep in mind that you dont have any skeleton nodes so if i remember correctly you wont get that much skeletons like a true summoner. You could also aim for two unset rings, that way you could use both.

"

You can still survive without big problems. The price of them is realy high and it should be the last you upgrade because the currency is usally better spend for other parts of your eqipment. In fact i wasnt lucky enough to craft some by myself and im too cheap to buy them and still survive most of the content without any problems.

"
Thawt29 wrote:

Thanks, this helps a lot.
Greetings! First of all - thank you for this amazing build.

I have a questions regarding mods on jewels (sorry if it has been all ready answered).

Does increased Area Of Damage jewel mod apply for SRS?

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Гаруспик on Jun 23, 2016, 9:47:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info