[3.2+] Explosive Cleave / Lacerate Gladiator. Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget

I'm thinking really hard about the choices of mana reservation... to me using Vulnerability with blasphemy seems way stronger than hatred (or the combination of herald and arctic armour) since it will be double dipping (increased physical dmg = more dmg per hit + more bleeding damage + more Explosion damage // increased damage done with DoT-effects = even more bleeding damage).
One could even Experiment with running just a blasphemy + haste and then use a poison Support with cleave instead of added fire damage to make more use of the insane attack Speed.

Ofc going with a blasphemy Setup it is hard to reserve ALL mana which might some of it leave wasted... then again we might be able to drop all the blood Magic gems and use something different.
Blasphemy 35%
Hatred/haste 50%
= 85%
no 15% Reservation =/

Blasphemy 35%
Herald 25%
arctic armour 25%
= 85% again

Maybe double curse?

Blasphemy Vuln. 35%
Blasphemy warlords 35%
arctic/herald 25%
= 95%
But worth it?

What do you guys think about the Options?
Last edited by SumoFlorist on Mar 6, 2017, 6:04:08 AM
"
SumoFlorist wrote:
I'm thinking really hard about the choices of mana reservation... to me using Vulnerability with blasphemy seems way stronger than hatred (or the combination of herald and arctic armour) since it will be double dipping (increased physical dmg = more dmg per hit + more bleeding damage + more Explosion damage // increased damage done with DoT-effects = even more bleeding damage).
One could even Experiment with running just a blasphemy + haste and then use a poison Support with cleave instead of added fire damage to make more use of the insane attack Speed.

Ofc going with a blasphemy Setup it is hard to reserve ALL mana which might some of it leave wasted... then again we might be able to drop all the blood Magic gems and use something different.
Blasphemy 35%
Hatred/haste 50%
= 85%
no 15% Reservation =/

Blasphemy 35%
Herald 25%
arctic armour 25%
= 85% again

Maybe double curse?

Blasphemy Vuln. 35%
Blasphemy warlords 35%
arctic/herald 25%
= 95%
But worth it?

I tested Chaos and Poison before and it didn't quite cut on the fire (mainly due to the overkill from Herald of Ash)

Blasphemy and Vulnerability I will have to try but the Hatred is almost mandatory for the cold damage with Soul Takers chill.

If you get some mana reservation jewels or Enlighten Level 4 you could drop in an extra aura or add it on Blood Magic if you have your life above 6500.
I make odd builds and sometimes write guides.
My updates and other junk are at https://www.youtube.com/user/Psywearebabylon
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
"
"
SumoFlorist wrote:

Blasphemy 35%
Hatred/haste 50%
= 85%
no 15% Reservation =/

Blasphemy 35%
Herald 25%
arctic armour 25%
= 85% again

Maybe double curse?

Blasphemy Vuln. 35%
Blasphemy warlords 35%
arctic/herald 25%
= 95%
But worth it?

I tested Chaos and Poison before and it didn't quite cut on the fire (mainly due to the overkill from Herald of Ash)

Blasphemy and Vulnerability I will have to try but the Hatred is almost mandatory for the cold damage with Soul Takers chill.

If you get some mana reservation jewels or Enlighten Level 4 you could drop in an extra aura or add it on Blood Magic if you have your life above 6500.

What about a 4L like this: Leap slam - Faster Attacks - Curse on Hit - vulnerability?
Dont really need fortify in leap slam since cleave perma fortifies with the threshold jewel.
When I get setup I will give it a try and do a comparison.
Been playing since before Atziri so got maybe 1% of the games intricacies learnt. Only 4 million more hours playing to be classed as a rank amateur :D
Would it make sense to take the fortify buffs at the beginning of the tree for the physical damage buff and defensive buff (hardcore) since we have near 100% uptime of fortify? Also seems to make more sense than taking axe damage early considering you may or may not have found a decent axe early game.
What do you think of using The Perfect Form as a chest piece as a budget option vs a BoR, Blind doesn't seem that useful since you're going armor, and with perfect form you'll have free spelldodge.

What order would you get your ascendancy in? Spellblock doesn't seem too great since you'll only get around 30% instead of block cap
"
Ishabooo wrote:
I'm contemplating on using the gloves during end game too if I'm able to find stats on all my non-unique pieces to cover it. So far though, it can amount to 64% attack damage on bleeding enemies, and then another 15% explosion damage. (after you get cruel lab ascendancy of course)

Anybody think this is a good idea?

Personally I go
Outmatch and Outlast
Gratuitous Violence
Painforged
Versatile Combatant

for a hybrid of block and damage.

Outmatch I go for Frenzy to compensate for lower levels til BoR
-
Last edited by girth on Mar 12, 2017, 9:55:41 PM
"
May be dumb here but how are you able to cast flame golem? With just hatred and herald I am down to 24 mana and the golem right now cost 48, and I don't see you putting it into a CWDT setup. Also if you are using hatred, herald, and AA how are you able to cast anything without any reduction nodes as that would be 100% of your mana? Maybe I am just tired idk

As he said you need to link flame golem with blood magic to actually be able to cast it.
He can "cast" attacks without mana because of the unique axe("Soul taker"). The idea is that you reserve all your mana (with hatred, herald, AA) and then you basically use all attack gems for free, however flame golem isnt an attack type gem, so you cast it using blood magic.

The item setup he has in Standart/Perandus league does not match the recommendet gem setup. So just keep that in mind.
Guys what is better, cleave or lecerate?
I'm new player, dunno what to use, or in which situations.
Thanks for help
Last edited by gelu295 on Mar 9, 2017, 8:59:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info