SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS (or rework the lab) [New ascension methods/lab rework ideas]

"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Regulator wrote:

Here is the exact list :

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Merciless: The Dried Lake
Merciless: The Submerged Passage
Merciless: The Lunaris Temple Level 1
Oasis Map
Merciless: The Docks
Beach Map
Aspirant's Trial
Strand Map
Normal: The Coast
Cruel: The Dried Lake

Noticed anything out of order? While in every other single area they specify if its merciless, cruel or normal or map, with the Aspirant's Trial they dont. And have in mind that every single labyrinth has three aspirant's trials, fucking 3.

Couldn't possibly be because of all the people farming uber laby could it? Or because there are 2 different laby's in merc? Nah, better to just call them liars and cowards. lol

"
New level (low) of idiocy right here.

How fitting.

Exactly. All those poor people running Lab when they all hate it so much, most of them don't even know they do! Should add them all to the list to save their souls from eternal torment. And their alts too.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
Regulator wrote:

Here is the exact list :

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Merciless: The Dried Lake
Merciless: The Submerged Passage
Merciless: The Lunaris Temple Level 1
Oasis Map
Merciless: The Docks
Beach Map
Aspirant's Trial
Strand Map
Normal: The Coast
Cruel: The Dried Lake

Couldn't possibly be because of all the people farming uber laby could it?

It's hard to conclude anything from this list without actual numbers broken down by difficulty, isn't it? But it seems unlikely to me that the tiny fraction of players who farm the uber-lab are doing it enough to make the aspirant's trial on of the most frequently loaded instances.

I'd divide the list into two categories: (a) farming zones; (b) drop-out zones. The farming zones are ones that lots of players run over and over, and the drop-out zones are ones where lots of players quit, so the player numbers after that decline significantly.

The farming zones clearly include:

Cruel/Merciless Dried Lakes
Merciless Docks
Beach/Oasis/Strand maps

The drop-out zones obviously include

Normal Coast

I'd argue that

Merciless Lunaris 1

is also very likely to be a drop out zone, with players loading the wp to try and kill merc/piety, and giving up after that.

Merciless Submerged Passage

is a bit strange, but maybe that's a drop-out zone too, since that area is so unpleasant (thankfully reduced from 2 to 1 levels...).

That leaves

Aspirant's Trial

I'd argue this is very likely to be a big drop-out zone as players hit the normal lab and quit the game. But without seeing numbers for normal lab vs. uber lab (or whatever), we can't tell anything for sure.
Proud member of the Vocal Minority
"
morbo wrote:
"
Regulator wrote:
Noticed anything out of order? While in every other single area they specify if its merciless, cruel or normal or map, with the Aspirant's Trial they dont. And have in mind that every single labyrinth has three aspirant's trials, fucking 3.

So, what are you saying is that "Aspirant trial" should be divided by 9 (or 12), that GGG counted all Aspirant zones, ie 4 difficulties by 3 zones in each difficulty? It's quite possible.

If they did it on purpose or it's just a statistical blunder, it's hard to say, tho.

It's not a statistical blunder. It's a statistical cheap trick.

@ ShaUrley

The top 3 zones listed are the top bot-farm areas
"
Xavathos wrote:

Unsurprisingly amusing, you seem to completely miss the point. Perhaps that's for the best. :)

You know that your characters are showing... right?

I play in HC, son.
"
@ ShaUrley

Hmm...Do bots run Merciless Submerged Passage/Lunaris 1 for some special reason? If so that would explain those two entries.
Proud member of the Vocal Minority
"
ShaUrley wrote:
But it seems unlikely to me that the tiny fraction of players who farm the uber-lab are doing it enough to make the aspirant's trial on of the most frequently loaded instances.

Seems even more unlikely that the zone with the highest chance of reward would only have a tiny fraction of players grinding it.
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
"
ShaUrley wrote:
"
@ ShaUrley

Hmm...Do bots run Merciless Submerged Passage/Lunaris 1 for some special reason? If so that would explain those two entries.
I'd imagine it's just an easy spot with a good phat lewts/time spent ratio.
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
ShaUrley wrote:
But it seems unlikely to me that the tiny fraction of players who farm the uber-lab are doing it enough to make the aspirant's trial on of the most frequently loaded instances.

Seems even more unlikely that the zone with the highest chance of reward would only have a tiny fraction of players grinding it.

You have to admit it's pretty funny that GGG needed to roll up all 12 aspirant trial zones into one just to make the list. Chris is a sneaky guy :D
This shows why it's so retarded the design if you don't like the Lab.

Every character will do it at some point, even if they hate it, no more "optional bullshit".

And at the end of the day the "we don't really know what it really means A T" gets to the same list than the most popular farm player elected maps.

So this forced bullshit, statistically manipulated, shady defined "A T", gets to be shown as an important part of the POE experience.

That's a bad stat, not one to be proud of.

Lab farmers pushing this stat up would actually be a healthier explanation to this situation for the good of the game.

That would mean that Lab haters are overreacting, while it's clear that the Lab is a big chunk of shit content forced on every players face.

They are in no universe getting more players with a forced Lab, even if the Lab were to bring by itself more players to the game, than a compromise with players who hate to run it would.

Having to make the forced Lab or no Lab experience at all is a false dichotomy.

GGG are actually managing this in a childish way, that's not even business smart crap, they are pushing a sub-optimal solution to a problem they created.
"
"
Shovelcut wrote:
"
ShaUrley wrote:

You have to admit it's pretty funny that GGG needed to roll up all 12 aspirant trial zones into one just to make the list. Chris is a sneaky guy :D

I would guess that it is more likely that it happened at a lower level. GGG has grown to at least a couple of dozen engineers now hasn't it? This data was likely collected together by someone else and displayed without even getting Chris's approval prior to it being published.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info