[2.4 Video Guide] Doomfletch Lightning Arrow, Blast Rain Raider [HC/SC]

"
Mecielle wrote:
It is possible I am missing something here, but why does the build not make use of Drillnecks "Projectile Damage increased by Arrow Pierce Chance"?

I get that getting to 100% would mean 4 passive points and a Gemslot.

But have you considered using Voidwalker Boots? I understand getting resists capped without any on the boots will be hard and expensive, but wouldn't those boots be BiS for those that can afford getting resists capped via Rings, Belt and Amulet?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/beatriceg/characters

I've also thought about making use of that, but I don't know if it really works yet :) Also changed Kintsugi for Atziri's Splendour, and tried some defensive gems like Decoy Totem, Poacher's Mark, and buffed Herald of Ice with Hypothermia Support. The only problem I still have it's Life, but I haven't assigned all the points to increased life in the tree.

Also I'm currently giving a try to Vaal Blast Rain. It makes an enemy unable to move for a short time depending on gem's level, and allows you to hit it with Blast Rain few times without needing to run and evade attacks.

Did anyone else tried something like this and succeeded? :)
What you think about Windripper. It will be better or not?
why doomfletch, looks like a low dps bow.

AND why drillneck, your not using pierce at all. you can't chain and pierce
What pierces cannot chain.
Last edited by MrGuardian on Nov 4, 2016, 10:39:43 AM
Why use the drillneck if you arent getting any pierce chance... wouldnt a stat stick with better useful stats be better?

I've actually changed Doomfletch with a 6-link Voltaxic. Not only that it doubled (literally) my DPS, seems better. And I use Voidwalker murder boots and replaced the Chain gem with Pierce (at LA), so i could get pierce bonus from Drillneck. Is it a bad idea to use Pierce instead of Chain?
Last edited by beatriceg on Nov 5, 2016, 5:11:59 PM
As others have said, I'm confused about the complete lack of Pierce combined with Drillneck, I'm only 62 leveling through Mercy A3 at the moment and the different between Pierce support and Chain support with Drillneck is insanely in favor of Pierce, I go from 1 shotting white packs to taking 2-4 shots for a white pack.

I'm also confused about Vaal Pact, where exactly are we getting the life steal that makes Vaal Pact worth it? Surely just Blood Drinker isn't worth it when we are using Doomfletch and Blood Drinker is .4% of physical attack damage.
Here's my two cents. I'm a newbie player and this is my first Ranger build, but I have dabbled in builds from all other characters. It seems to me split arrow-curse on hit-assassin's mark is way too unintuitive for an action game that uses mouse primarily for movement and attacks. Sure, you can activate it from keyboard, but I think keyboard shortcuts work better as passive skills, like auras, golem activation, etc. Speed and mobility are both the pro and con of this kind of build, so having to fumble between too many active skills can be both slow and confusing. I tried using Herald of ice instead of split arrow, but it never procced. Not even once. Which means, no Power Charges. I was in mid 50 levels when I started using a Victario's Influence armor, which has high evasion, and is clearly geared to socket auras. So, I dumped the three socket build for assassin's mark, and changed it to two by adding blasphemy, turning the curse into an aura.

Worked like a charm. I don't play fast, like those videos you watch with guys cleaning room after room to keep charges up or whatever, so I loved the fact every single time I encounter a mob, my ranger gets at least 3 charges with this setup, usually in one or two hits, without using anything other than the main attack skill. If there is a downside (and there really shouldn't be if you've followed the guide) is your mana will be taxed, but not once have I ever ran out or needed to flask to recover it. Another possible con is, at lower levels, you will have to come a bit closer to mobs for the aura to reach them, but this is not a problem in my case, since they some times get the drop on me, and I like to get close enough to one-shoot all of them. I also like face-tanking, which up to now has been totally doable with this build.

If you have a Queen of the Forest, it also works with it. Despite losing Victario's Influence's aura enhancements, the setup is still very viable, and very effective. Just make sure to get the mana regen/leech nodes in the tree ASAP, the ones already in the guide, I mean. It should work with other unique armors from level 60 up as well.

TL;DR? Blasphemy-Assassin's mark seems to be an effective alternative.
Is kintsugi really superior to queen of the forest? The latter has a lot more evasion, and elemental resistances, which are scarce with this build.
"
Jedijax wrote:
Is kintsugi really superior to queen of the forest? The latter has a lot more evasion, and elemental resistances, which are scarce with this build.

If u want to survive late game kintsugi is must have, res arent that important ( you can cap them with other pieces of gear). Evasion is ok but u can get lots ofmit with jade flask, and 20% damage mitigation is huge deal, because ranger biggest flaw is being prone to 1 hit ko, thats why kintsugi and basalt are your friends. Personally i use both chests kintsugi vs shaper, guardian t15 hard modded lower tiers, and qotf for rest.
And btw for ele builds volt>>windripper/godlike rare>>>>>>doomfletch
Thank you! I realized that right after posting. Kintsugi works the same way as Immortal Call. It's a one shot saver, and it's evasion feature somewhat scales for it's lack of flat evasion value. I've been thinking about what you said on the elemental build with voltaxic. Seems like the obvious next step for a ranger build like this!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info