[2.4 Video Guide] Doomfletch Lightning Arrow, Blast Rain Raider [HC/SC]

So is this build actually HC viable with decent clear speed or would it just be a waste of time?
Builds dope, really glad I tried it out, ripped using it a few times in HC but it was mostly player error that got me killed. That being said if you're playing HC i'd either look for more life on the tree or get it in jewels.

The DPS on the tooltip is severely under what it actually is btw to those complaining about low dps.
"
ExiledAngel wrote:
So is this build actually HC viable with decent clear speed or would it just be a waste of time?

Up till red maps it's viable, depending on the effort you put in.
With a QotF the clearspeed becomes really great, but I find bosses to be both slow and at times dangerous. I need to look into getting better single target damage.

The biggest problem on HC is that you will have a fairly hard time to reach 5k+ life. With 60% chance to evade and the dodge talents, there is still a lot of spike damage coming your way.

Seeing I really do enjoy this build a ton, I'm currently checking to see if I should push my currency in to move up in maps. Possibly go Coil instead of QotF and redo most of my gear for the lightning res.

edit: Currently playing with a Coil. It feels a lot better on T9+. Next steps would be a second Steel Ring with proper rolls and gloves. Still barely braking 5k life, so it's tense on EHC.
Last edited by BobsBestFriend on Oct 25, 2016, 4:24:05 AM
If I can't afford the Doom's Fletch Prism, what should I be using then? Anything I need on the bow? I'm guessing high phys dmg and some AS & phys %?
So question, I have been slowly getting gear up to get life and other stuff, but how is this build with +10 map tier bosses. I have been having so much trouble with them, and was wondering if you had a trick for them.
Hello! I was wondering if at level 80 almost, i should have just ~2600 life, or is it because i skipped some steps in placing points in order to achieve a more aggressive build. I mention that I have >10.000 evasion and 75% resistance (exception: cold 62% and chaos...). Don't actually have a problem with one-shot kill because of immortal call, and the clear speed (using Doomfletch, 6400 DPS, don't know if it's enough, but I don't have any 6 link item yet) it's pretty good, I only have a problem when I'm circled. Also I was wandering if it's a good idea not to use any recommended aura's and use Herald of Ash and Herald of Ice&Hypothermia Support (I think they work together pretty nice).

Also I was wondering what do you think about the flasks. As far as I've been tested them they seem pretty good, I only have sometimes a HP problem, but the increased speed offers me the chance to flee the battle. I use the Witchfire Brew for that Vulnerability curse and evasion, that works pretty nice, and that Overflowing Chalice Sulphur Flask for increased damage. Also I've had a problem with mana while fighting against one strong target, and that mana flask seems to be enough to solve that problem, and also gives me some good charges when used, and that chaos damage doesn't feel that bad.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/beatriceg/characters
How are you gaining frenzy charges? with no item that grants frenzy charges. what is the point of getting the frenzy charges when you cant charge them up?
Forgot to mention Doedre's mana Flask (I currently have equipped divination hybrid elixir because I am farming) and the poacher's mark gem for frenzy charges. Also I am currently giving a try to Atziri's Splendour Sacrificial Garb.
"
spazman6117 wrote:
How are you gaining frenzy charges? with no item that grants frenzy charges. what is the point of getting the frenzy charges when you cant charge them up?

Way of the Poacher ascendency node gives 15% Frenzy Charge on kill, easily enough to maintain max charges at all times while mapping.
It is possible I am missing something here, but why does the build not make use of Drillnecks "Projectile Damage increased by Arrow Pierce Chance"?

I get that getting to 100% would mean 4 passive points and a Gemslot.

But have you considered using Voidwalker Boots? I understand getting resists capped without any on the boots will be hard and expensive, but wouldn't those boots be BiS for those that can afford getting resists capped via Rings, Belt and Amulet?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info