Path of Exile: Ascendancy launches tomorrow!

"
gubaguy wrote:
"save yourself 1 GB of downloads" file size: 7.3 GB. GGG, do you even math?

it's supposed to say "save yourself 1 GB of data to be downloaded when the game patching process starts by downloading all 7,3 now when there is no time pressure".
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Mar 4, 2016, 4:59:55 AM
"
vio wrote:
"
gubaguy wrote:

it's supposed to say "save yourself 1 GB of data to be downloaded when the game patching process starts by downloading all 7,3 now when there is no time pressure".

There's a big possibility that +1 GB is meaning the total dl is 8.3gb.... hell i donno where to put this torrent dl when it is done anyways. Or at least where it should go when things go offline for the update.
Last edited by Tergen on Mar 4, 2016, 5:02:00 AM
"
Tergen wrote:
"
vio wrote:
"
gubaguy wrote:

There's a big possibility that +1 GB is meaning the total dl is 8.3gb.... hell i donno where to put this torrent dl when it is done anyways. Or at least where it should go when things go offline for the update.

read the post though, says the patch is between 1.2-1.5GB, why the hell do i have to download 7.3 GB? Reading furthe rit states downloading now only downloads to the latest patch, meaning they wnat us to compeltely reinstall the game FOR NO REASON.
ok...so I bought extra stash tabs in Talisman and they are now showing "remove only" ...seriously???

Ive bought duds cause they dont move back to standard?

Yr joking, right???

Nah..its all good...There were premium tabs that I had bought in standard which allowed extras in Talisman that I didnt allow for on the transfer back....

Sorted....but confusing none-the-less.

Ahh well...live and learn.
"
gubaguy wrote:

read the post though, says the patch is between 1.2-1.5GB, why the hell do i have to download 7.3 GB? Reading furthe rit states downloading now only downloads to the latest patch, meaning they wnat us to compeltely reinstall the game FOR NO REASON.

The torrent is that big yea, i saw something about 500mb or something like that in the initial post too. And the poe folder is around 7.06GB But what makes you think dling the whole thing is going to screw up anything? That is what I am getting from your post. Do you understand the patching process at all? YOu know how you copy a folder from one location to another. What happens to files that are already in that location with windows or any other os? They scream and yell and let you know. I can only assume that's how the patching process works. HOnestly, I can't give a definitive answer unless GGG comes out and says something. Does it matter too much. If people are torrenting it, the more people that dl and upload it the faster the dl goes.
"
Tergen wrote:
"
gubaguy wrote:

The torrent is that big yea, i saw something about 500mb or something like that in the initial post too. And the poe folder is around 7.06GB But what makes you think dling the whole thing is going to screw up anything? That is what I am getting from your post. Do you understand the patching process at all? YOu know how you copy a folder from one location to another. What happens to files that are already in that location with windows or any other os? They scream and yell and let you know. I can only assume that's how the patching process works. HOnestly, I can't give a definitive answer unless GGG comes out and says something. Does it matter too much. If people are torrenting it, the more people that dl and upload it the faster the dl goes.

you CLEALRY have no idea what the issue i have is. I dont assume anythign is going to be screwwed up, hat i want to know is why the hell im being told to download a 7.3 GB torrent for patch thats only suppsoed to be 1.5 GB. they are LITERALLY saying to downlaod the ENTIRE GAME again. Not only that, but downloading this 7.3 GB torrent does NOT give you the patch, it only gives you the msot current patch to 2.1.2, so why bother? why downlaod an incomplete, full redownloading of the game?
Seed till it bleeds :)
\o/
^^^
See you in the morning guys.
"
gubaguy wrote:
"
Tergen wrote:
"
gubaguy wrote:

you CLEALRY have no idea what the issue i have is. I dont assume anythign is going to be screwwed up, hat i want to know is why the hell im being told to download a 7.3 GB torrent for patch thats only suppsoed to be 1.5 GB. they are LITERALLY saying to downlaod the ENTIRE GAME again. Not only that, but downloading this 7.3 GB torrent does NOT give you the patch, it only gives you the msot current patch to 2.1.2, so why bother? why downlaod an incomplete, full redownloading of the game?

Please read news once more
They sad if you not familiar with torent processing DO NOT DOWNLOAD IT
Its so simple, downlad game the way 99% of players will do after servers down

"
Tergen wrote:
"
gubaguy wrote:

The torrent file will always provide the ENTIRE file "content.ggpk" game content file; cannot be otherwise, since patching can only be done internally, by the game client, while downloading and patching, simultaneously and then verifying the data file (so you can't just download the patch from a torrent file and have it work). Downloading the torrent file does not have the meaning of downloading less. It has the meaning of downloading before most people do, so you can have an earlier access to the game, once servers go live. Makes sense, since completing the labyrinth 1st is recorded in the ladder and on top of this, the 1st one to do this today will be historically recorded.
Last edited by aryosgr on Mar 4, 2016, 5:27:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info