Path of Exile: Ascendancy launches tomorrow!

"
gubaguy wrote:

you CLEALRY have no idea what the issue i have is. I dont assume anythign is going to be screwwed up, hat i want to know is why the hell im being told to download a 7.3 GB torrent for patch thats only suppsoed to be 1.5 GB. they are LITERALLY saying to downlaod the ENTIRE GAME again. Not only that, but downloading this 7.3 GB torrent does NOT give you the patch, it only gives you the msot current patch to 2.1.2, so why bother? why downlaod an incomplete, full redownloading of the game?

The torrent does include most of the 2.2 content(all but the last ~500mb).

If you move the content.ggpk file into your path of exile install location before the patching process starts at 9am Pacific time(around 3 hours before the countdown finishes) and launch the game it will patch it back down to 2.1.2.

Move it after said process has started and you will only have to download 500mb during that 3 hour window.
"
gubaguy wrote:
you CLEALRY have no idea what the issue i have is. I dont assume anythign is going to be screwwed up, hat i want to know is why the hell im being told to download a 7.3 GB torrent for patch thats only suppsoed to be 1.5 GB. they are LITERALLY saying to downlaod the ENTIRE GAME again. Not only that, but downloading this 7.3 GB torrent does NOT give you the patch, it only gives you the msot current patch to 2.1.2, so why bother? why downlaod an incomplete, full redownloading of the game?

You sound a little frustrated there. Trying to argue over if the sky is blue or white is a bit tough a sell. Again, till GGG comes out and says anything, gonna have to step back, take a deep breath and calm down. Sleep or relax, but i think doing something besides sitting here watching or snarling at me or anyone else is a waste of time. Y'know?
"
Nevah wrote:
The torrent does include most of the 2.2 content(all but the last ~500mb).

If you move the content.ggpk file into your path of exile install location before the patching process starts at 9am Pacific time(around 3 hours before the countdown finishes) and launch the game it will patch it back down to 2.1.2.

Move it after said process has started and you will only have to download 500mb during that 3 hour window.

Didn't seem clear to me, but putting it into the POE folder where it installed too? Ok, that makes more sense than the vague info or maybe i just am too tired and someone had to repeat it. Either way, thanks for the clarity i didn't have before.

EDIT: Ah ok so i looked at the install folder, the current Content.ggpk is around 6.93GB (or about 7,269,xxx kb). The torrent is 7.32 GB(aka 7,680,xxx KB) that makes more sense now. But geeze that is a huge file to have. The might want to consider actually changing that.
Last edited by Tergen on Mar 4, 2016, 5:33:28 AM
snacks and cats :3
S L O W E R
"
Chameleon wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

The hideout with the most items will be the one that remains in the parent league.

Kinda makes it hard when you dont know which one has the most items and you are unable to add things to you Talisman Hideout to make sure that one gets transferred...

You could remove a bunch of decorations from your standard/hc hideout or create a clean one, that might work.
IGN: AlrithrienDuelheartX (Low Lvl PvP-only), AryaShurtugal (lvl 86 ranger)
"nachm" (my guess is it means nachmittags the german word for afternoon) in the german version is really hard to understand. It feels a lot like google translate. The abbrieviation is exceptionally formal (used in law and the like) and any native speaker would use the word for evening or night to describe nine o clock. It probably happened because in germany the 24h scale is used and not the 12h pm/am system and the translation could not account for that. Props for you guys doing it for countries and not timezones. Maybe a small note about time formats in the future german translations.
Sorry for the long post. In the unlikely event of a short post. There sure is something I should feel sorry about anyway.
Why you even bother considering downloading the full gpk if you have FUP by our internet provider?
This download will just ease up a little bit the servers during the peak time then the patch will go live, since you will already have the 60% of the patch data in place. By dowloading the torrent you might avoid the possibility that you won't be able to download the full patch in 3 hours time before the league start (which can happen if there will be some bottleneck in the way).

So, stop complaining :)

I will be seeding the torrent for a while, just because i can.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Marxone wrote:
Why you even bother considering downloading the full gpk if you have FUP by our internet provider?
This download will just ease up a little bit the servers during the peak time then the patch will go live, since you will already have the 60% of the patch data in place. By dowloading the torrent you might avoid the possibility that you won't be able to download the full patch in 3 hours time before the league start (which can happen if there will be some bottleneck in the way).

So, stop complaining :)

I will be seeding the torrent for a while, just because i can.

Yup my dl's done from the torrent, i'm seeding too. Guess i'll leave it to go zoom zoom while i go snore snore :D
"
Langhun wrote:
Did I somewhere missed developer manifesto about what will happen with Talisman content? It would be shame to drop Rigwald boss fight. I've made 3 level 78+ characters and didn't even experience it. :( While Rigwald boss fight was kind of unaccessible part of content I liked overall Talisman theme (floating stones, talisman effects on enemies, etc.). Will we see something of this in a core game?

Characters and your content will be moved to the parent league. But Talisman mechanics will not be added to the core game in 2.2 (was mentioned on Reddit from on of the GGG guys), but it's quite possible that it will be included in a later patch as a zana mod. Talisman was fine but unfortunately, I don't think that it will be added to the core game at all. So, what shall I do with all the unused talismans, though I found some really good ones :-)
Last edited by destroya82 on Mar 4, 2016, 6:32:00 AM
7day to go at garena sg =/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info