[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Earthquake, Tanky/High DPS Build Guide! [HC/SC Viable]

"
emd3 wrote:
I've tried to search around for this answer to no avail so I'll post here.

How does Molten Strike compare to this build, and is it easily replaceable into this build? I'm level 36 and I tend to like the skill a little bit more than Warchief running as a secondary, although I'm open to the fact that this may change as I level farther and MS drops off while AW remains consistent / scales better. Any input? As of now I'll use it until it isn't holding it's weight but I find it is a very good finisher compared to waiting for another EQ.

Thanks!

Not sure if it will really be good enough. Reason Ancestral Warchief is taken is that it does great single target. Pretty much better than anything else. Sure try Molten Strike if you want but I don't think it will work that well.

Also about waiting for another EQ it gets better after you get Less Duration leveled higher. I usually only have to wait maybe a second at most before I can do it again. Usually this comes around level 11-13 of the gem.

"
xbryguyx wrote:
Just getting back into this game. I saw that 2.6 just came out. Does that change anything?

2.6 isn't out yet. We only have a preview of it. No patch notes or updated passive tree yet. Sometime in the coming week will these be released. So until then we no nothing about changes to this build.

Edit: Well one thing I just thought about is maybe you can get a Legacy version of the Lightning Coil that would be a great change . Legacy version will have 40% Physical Damage take as Lightning Damage wich is 10% more than the current version. Expect this to be really expensive though if you want to try to by one. Like in the 5-10EX range if not more.

"
Grimstarz wrote:
I'm really liking this build, i'm lv 69 atm and i'm still 1 hitting all the normal mobs. Killed kaom and daresso without any problems/deaths in merc, havent tried malachai yet.

There are only 2 things i dont really get:
- How are we supposed to run hatred + herald of ash together? My mana regen aint fast enough atm.
- Does the lightning coil chest really help alot? Since it gives -60% lightning resist, i'll have to get alot of lightning resist on my other armor pieces

The way we keep the mana going is the leech nodes near the Duelist area if you have a offline passive tree search for Spirit Void or Vitality Void we take the one small mana leech node and the hybrid node next to it and that gives us enough mana leech to use EQ with Hatred and Herald of Ash. Do note that you can't just spam away with EQ especially single target that's what Ancestral Warchief is there for. The way EQ works is your supposed to do the impact hit wait a second or so for the aftershock to happen and then hit again. If you get into the rhythm timing right you can actually right as the aftershock from the first goes off you can hit again. So you basically hit your own aftershock with the EQ.

Yes the Lightning Coil does help a lot. The reason is that almost everything in the game does some type of Physical Damage. With Lightning Coil 30% of that Physical Damage is turned into Lightning Damage which since your at 75% Lightning Resistance barley tickles you this is great for something like running Uber Lab since Izaro unless buffed Does only Physical Damage. Traps is lab also only do Physical Damage so it reduces those also. So yes Lightning Coil maybe a pain to fix the res for but is totally in my opinion worth it.
Last edited by Rebur on Feb 24, 2017, 2:38:13 AM
Hi, i'm really enjoying this build, level 82 at moment and started doing some blue maps, but, there where a couple of maps mods that i couldn't finish, like elemental reflects i die instantly. Am i doing something wrong with the build? or which map mods should i avoid in this particular build?
Favorite Leagues: Betrayal | Delirium.
The Forbidden Sanctum, most boring league ever, hands down.
"
takebo wrote:
Hi, i'm really enjoying this build, level 82 at moment and started doing some blue maps, but, there where a couple of maps mods that i couldn't finish, like elemental reflects i die instantly. Am i doing something wrong with the build? or which map mods should i avoid in this particular build?

Yeah I would avoid things like reflect either physical or elemental. They are doable but your kinda stuck with only using the Ancestral Warchief for them. Since Ancestral Warchief will only damage itself and not you, but it will still pretty much get one shot by the reflect.

Physical Reflect
If your Duelist there is the Headsman Ascendancy that reduces Physical Reflect by 50% and should help you get through. One thing is if you can afford it is the Xoph's Blood Amulet (or getting the Avatar of Fire Keystone which is way out of the way) which converts 50% of all damage to fire with the Avatar of Fire along with the Physical to Lightning Skill Gem which converts 50% of Physical to Lightning means that you will be doing Fire Damage only no physical damage.

Elemental Reflect
Few things to do here is 1 take the Physical to Lightning out and replace it with Inc AOE 2 turn off Herald of Ash and Hatred and 3 make sure every piece of gear you have on and I mean EVERYTHING! doesn't have something that adds Fire, Cold, or Lighting damage. But your damage is going to go way down by doing this but you should still be able to clear the map if you want.
Last edited by Rebur on Feb 24, 2017, 12:49:20 PM
"
Rebur wrote:
"
takebo wrote:

Yeah I would avoid things like reflect either physical or elemental. They are doable but your kinda stuck with only using the Ancestral Warchief for them. Since Ancestral Warchief will only damage itself and not you, but it will still pretty much get one shot by the reflect.

Physical Reflect
If your Duelist there is the Headsman Ascendancy that reduces Physical Reflect by 50% and should help you get through. One thing is if you can afford it is the Xoph's Blood Amulet (or getting the Avatar of Fire Keystone which is way out of the way) which converts 50% of all damage to fire with the Avatar of Fire to Fire damage along with the Physical to Lightning Skill Gem which converts 50% of Physical to Lightning means that you will be doing Fire Damage only no physical damage.

Elemental Reflect
Few things to do here is 1 take the Physical to Lightning out and replace it with Inc AOE 2 turn off Herald of Ash and Hatred and 3 make sure every piece of gear you have on and I mean EVERYTHING! doesn't have something that adds Fire, Cold, or Lighting damage. But your damage is going to go way down by doing this but you should still be able to clear the map if you want.

Nice, thanks for the tips Rebur!
Favorite Leagues: Betrayal | Delirium.
The Forbidden Sanctum, most boring league ever, hands down.
You guys might find this interesting

This is the radius of EQ for this build before and after changes. One image shows radius without Slayer as Ascendancy. The other shows the radius with Slayers.

With Slayers as Ascendancy

Without Slayers as Ascendancy

Math:
Spoiler

Before changes
base initial hit radius = 20
base secondary hit radius = 25
increases 20% from skill tree (15% from AoE cluster, 5% from Bone Breaker), 34% from lvl 15 inc. AoE gem and 40% from Slayers if we use Slayers as Ascendancy choice.
initial hit radius = 20 x (1+0,2+0,34+0,4) = 20 x 1,94 = 38,8
secondary hit radius = 25 x (1+0,2+0,34+0,4) = 25 x 1,94 = 48,5

(you can subtract 0,4 from the multiplier if you want numbers without Slayers)

After changes
base initial hit radius = 18
base secondary hit radius = 25
Increases = 28% from skill tree (20% from AoE cluster, 8% from Bone Breaker), 44% from lvl 15 inc. AoE gem and 50% from Slayers if we use Slayers as Ascendancy choice.

initial hit radius = SQRT((18^2*PI*(1+0,28+0,44+0,5)/PI)) = SQRT((18^2*PI*2,22)/PI) = SQRT(2259,62/PI) = 26,82
Secondary hit radius = SQRT((25^2*PI*(1+0,28+0,44+0,5)/PI)) = SQRT((25^2*PI*2,22)/PI) = SQRT(4358,83/PI) = 37,26

(you can subtract 0,5 from the multiplier if you want numbers without Slayers)
Last edited by Frankenberry on Feb 27, 2017, 6:44:30 AM
Hi, I want to try this build out but I read in the patch notes to the upcomming update that they will change some things about area of effect. Do you think that this build will still be playable in version 2.6?
"
T__B wrote:
Hi, I want to try this build out but I read in the patch notes to the upcomming update that they will change some things about area of effect. Do you think that this build will still be playable in version 2.6?

I'm also curious about this. I'm guessing it will still be going and I'm going to try it out :) Juggernaut version for me.
I seem to be running out of mana since 2.6 (much slower regen rate). Any way to fix this?
"I seem to be running out of mana since 2.6 (much slower regen rate). Any way to fix this? " True any solution how to fix it ?
Really loving this build so far this is my first character and it's making this game very fun to learn but i have a quick question.

I have a 4 link helm with cwdt linked to 3 other gems that works great but i also have another 4 link boot with cwdt that doesnt cast at all...the boot linked are hatred summon flame golem herald and cwdt. Am i doing something wrong?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info