Occultist ascendancy is amazing

Same as any other on-Kill effect, it should work and your Totem/Trap/Mine will get the effect (only relevant for Totems, really). Minions are not a proxy for your Skills, and do not have your Passives or gear - they will never benefit from your modifiers unless explicitly mentioned otherwise.
@Vipermagi

But they all are described as "things YOU kill" so it seems this interpretation:
"
gilrad wrote:
I'd guess: the same way it works with Heralds.

That is:
No/no/no, with the caveat that if your DoT effects does the killing blow, you are considered doing the kill even if your totem applied the effect (unsure about minions or traps though).
is correct since herald are worded in the similar way.

Which is a shame, I was thinking of flame totem and exploding cursed foes.

[Edit] Wait a minute... Consuming dark... hmmm...
Not a signature.
Last edited by Turbodevil on Feb 12, 2016, 5:57:50 AM
I think people are overestimating how much will be nerfed etc. I think theyre going the other way with crit too. Critical Strikes gem is getting reworked and Rory said they may be adding base crit to it. This would mean you wont need assassin to get these ultra high critrates from 5% and 6% bases. Im hoping they ease down multi a little but I dont see a chance nerf coming, I think it will be the opposite and that will be really healthy.

I dont see them making huge buffs or nerfs outside of the classes, I think the impact will be a lot more subtle than people are expecting.
but the game is already so easy as a crit build. it doesnt need a single bit of buff-age .
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
I think people are overestimating how much will be nerfed etc. I think theyre going the other way with crit too. Critical Strikes gem is getting reworked and Rory said they may be adding base crit to it. This would mean you wont need assassin to get these ultra high critrates from 5% and 6% bases. Im hoping they ease down multi a little but I dont see a chance nerf coming, I think it will be the opposite and that will be really healthy.

I dont see them making huge buffs or nerfs outside of the classes, I think the impact will be a lot more subtle than people are expecting.

It seems they will change crit multi to be a flat +% value, instead of % increased. At least that's what the wording in ascendancy trees suggests. If the values will stay the same it would mean about 33% nerf. Also will make it more intuitive.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
but the game is already so easy as a crit build. it doesnt need a single bit of buff-age .

but effectively they would get nerfed is the thing. If you look at it from the perspective that the buff is actually letting more builds achieve viable crit rates, and the nerf is to crit damage, thats a nerf. Because everyone is already playing high crit rate builds, the only change for them is their multi getting nerfed. The buff is to builds that cant achieve a high crit rate, and thats sort of ok because hardly anyone is playing those builds anyway. If they come up to par its not an increase in how powerful what you are playing is, its just adding diversity to your options. A potential nerf to crit damage would however nerf what you are playing no matter what option you take.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

The buff is to builds that cant achieve a high crit rate, and thats sort of ok because hardly anyone is playing those builds anyway.

Terminus est is an obvious one, and a few others, right. I was playing acro crit staff CoMK (ground slam/bladefall, or the "spike sandwich" combo) in talisman with hegemony's and sustaining power charges was kinda unreliable with 50-60% crit chance, I had to use multistrike to fix that somewhat. DpS was good enough to take the hit so if the change would mean higher crit chance and lower dps I'd call it an improvement.

Of course, we're talking about builds that can actually feel the difference, not 1hko mirror gear class.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
gilrad wrote:
Besides, if you absolutely must kill the scariest bosses in maps without risking 10% of your character's XP bar, doesn't Cast on Death Discharge one-shot all but a couple of them? Just level up a secondary character and switch to him when you full-clear the map.

However, I am actually not just talking about bosses here. Boss was an example to illustrate some of the late game stuff that 'demands builds to be broken' so that we do not lose 10% experience every 12 hours of play.

Some of those monsters drawn from the other world in maps can be even harder than map bosses and do not forget this map mod is quite enjoyed by players

Occasional Elemental weakness+Ice instability+Critical strike+Minus max resistance on level 81 maps

As someone who has pushed 5 characters to level 92, I am really only interested in builds that can at least die once at most only every 40 hours of play while playing recklessly on 78 and above maps.

And I would say that is a good criteria to define if this subclass is truly 'amazing'. Who does not want to reach level 100?

"
Deadpeng wrote:
"
gilrad wrote:
Besides, if you absolutely must kill the scariest bosses in maps without risking 10% of your character's XP bar, doesn't Cast on Death Discharge one-shot all but a couple of them? Just level up a secondary character and switch to him when you full-clear the map.

However, I am actually not just talking about bosses here. Boss was an example to illustrate some of the late game stuff that 'demands builds to be broken' so that we do not lose 10% experience every 12 hours of play.

Some of those monsters drawn from the other world in maps can be even harder than map bosses and do not forget this map mod is quite enjoyed by players

Occasional Elemental weakness+Ice instability+Critical strike+Minus max resistance on level 81 maps

As someone who has pushed 5 characters to level 92, I am really only interested in builds that can at least die once at most only every 40 hours of play while playing recklessly on 78 and above maps.

And I would say that is a good criteria to define if this subclass is truly 'amazing'. Who does not want to reach level 100?

Using face leech atziri is horribly bad way to show that point nor are suicidal t14/15 any better indicator of long term exp/min. Many builds can achieve 99% survivabilty rate without being able to face leech atziri. I literally double faceplam every time someone says a build needs to be able to uber or blindfold right click in order to be viable but it brings me joy because I know those kinds of players will never be the ones begging GGG to slow down the face of the game.

You also completely neglect the fact that it's not if you can kill white mobs but how fast you can kill white mobs and your exp/min factoring in deaths.

While mjolol is great for face leeching atziri it has horrible exp/min compared to vastly cheaper builds not reliant on legacy items.

To summarize, the only thing that matters in this game is exp/min factoring in deaths, whether its 2 min gorge runs or 20 minute t14/15 runs.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 12, 2016, 12:08:42 PM
"
Turbodevil wrote:
But they all are described as "things YOU kill"[..]

Southbound.

Totems, Traps and Mines inherit your modifiers 1:1.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info