Occultist ascendancy is amazing

"
adghar wrote:
"

Generating power charges without needing kills is amazing in prolonged fights which is really when its most useful. It's also +1 charges. HoI and HoT will fail on curse or status immune maps.

I think Deadpeng recognizes your first point because that was the whole point of his diatribe on on kill effects lol. Even still, it remains that that node is still just 10%pcoc, or at max 9.5% chance on hit, and more realistically about 4-6 chance on hit. Also known as 1 in 20. 1 in 20 Skill Uses seems like you'd need a silly amount of cast speed to benefit from the node, or stack with PCOC gem, which would be enough all by itself anyways.

You only need to proc it once every 10-14 seconds to fully sustain it during a prolonged fight.

This class is not limited to spellcasters. Multistrike reavers have no issues reaching 10 attacks per second.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"

You only need to proc it once every 10-14 seconds to fully sustain it during a prolonged fight.

This class is not limited to spellcasters. Multistrike reavers have no issues reaching 10 attacks per second.

True enough that I hadn't thought about Occultist Reavers although sadly Multistrike kind of has anti synergy with pcoc. Crit rolls are made per skill use and you get less skill uses per second with Multistrike (about 1.5 times duration at high levels) but it probably wouldn't have a major impact on power charge generation.

I'm personally not a fan of the first style - I feel like I have to be capable of starting boss fights with no prep - but I suppose the sustain use case makes sense, for other people than me and Deadpeng.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Atziri and level 80+ bosses are definitely not going to die under just 10-14 seconds. I have seen almost every successful build in this game able to defeat large crowds of monsters within 2 or 3 seconds. However the truly powerful builds in this game are the ones that can stand up to Atziri and the level 80+ bosses without having to manually dodge any attack. So far I have seen rainbow nuke and blade vortex tanker do that.

All of these Ascendancy subclasses seem to allow us to clear crowds even faster which is something all of us already can manage. What I see as powerful subclass is one that can make situations that we originally cannot defeat into ones that we instead breeze through.

Which is why I see the most potent subclasses as Gladiator, Hierophant and Summoner. For these allow certain exploits in the game that were removed in the past to live again.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Atziri However the truly powerful builds in this game are the ones that can stand up to Atziri and the level 80+ bosses without having to manually dodge any attack. So far I have seen rainbow nuke and blade vortex tanker do that.

I can only hope and pray more people think like this so people would get off the speed meta whine train.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Atziri However the truly powerful builds in this game are the ones that can stand up to Atziri and the level 80+ bosses without having to manually dodge any attack. So far I have seen rainbow nuke and blade vortex tanker do that.

I can only hope and pray more people think like this so people would get off the speed meta whine train.

I dont get you
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Atziri and level 80+ bosses are definitely not going to die under just 10-14 seconds.

except the build (which will CLEARLY get nerfed into the ground) which can kill each UBER Atziri phase in 4 seconds....

but yes you make a good point. everybody can clear trash, that is never an issue. what is the issue is end game map bosses, some much harder than atziri because they're not mechanics driven. some of these ascendancy trees will allow you to focus on mainly defensive options while maintaining damage and such purely from links/gear options.

im actually looking at pathfinder for that more-so than anything else, honestly.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
However the truly powerful builds in this game are the ones that can stand up to Atziri and the level 80+ bosses without having to manually dodge any attack.

Being able to do that comes at a cost. Some players are simply not interested and would rather clear "regular" content more speedily or with more mf, or make a budget build, or be reflect immune, etc. Some will make a build that specializes in boss destruction but is terrible at general clearing. I too prefer builds that can deal with anything but that's just a preference. You don't necessarily have to have everything in the same build.

Besides, if you absolutely must kill the scariest bosses in maps without risking 10% of your character's XP bar, doesn't Cast on Death Discharge one-shot all but a couple of them? Just level up a secondary character and switch to him when you full-clear the map.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
How does on kill effects work? Couldn't find on wiki

Profane Bloom, Malediction, Vile Bastion

Would it work with totem kills?
Would it work with trap/mine kills?
Would it work with minion kills?
Not a signature.
Last edited by Turbodevil on Feb 12, 2016, 3:08:27 AM
I'd guess: the same way it works with Heralds.

That is:
No/no/no, with the caveat that if your DoT effects does the killing blow, you are considered doing the kill even if your totem applied the effect (unsure about minions or traps though).
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info