Game needs Eternals back (and here's why) |Petition|

Thanks for your feedback Anuhart, but if you're going to declare half the PoE community irrelevant (and the longer-term players for that matter) then unfortunately I don't think your opinions are very helpful.
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
"
kcstar wrote:
"
Eternals were fine addition to the game which I simply don't understand why it was removed. I can understand from standard but in TEMP leagues? I find that a mistake personally.

For those who haven't been watching... The Standard & Temp leagues are one and the same.

"
trav_dawg wrote:
Thanks for your feedback Anuhart, but if you're going to declare half the PoE community irrelevant (and the longer-term players for that matter) then unfortunately I don't think your opinions are very helpful.

Helpful or not, he is correct. (Except, maybe the part about the GGG brass being gooned at the Eternal Orb launch meeting) :D
Mirrors are the incentive for crafting. No Mirrors, and the items linked in the OP wouldn't even exist. A rational person doesn't bother trying to make the best item on the server when you can trade for something nearly as good for a fraction of the price. Now, crafting a best item for mirror service, that's a different proposition.

Eternals and Mirrors weren't getting along. GGG had to let one go. GGG chose correctly. Or, more accurately, Eternals should have never been in the game to begin with.

Yes, it is very hard to catch up to these Standard-league relics of the Eternal Orb Era. GGG needs to add new affixes which the old Mirror-service items can't touch. Slight per creep is the only solution.

Also, I think the Orb of Scouring should have its functionality changed to "Remove one random mod from a Magic or Rare item," without changing its drop rate. This would allow some crafting bases to luckily be salvaged (similar to what an Eternal was guaranteed to do), but it wouldn't be nearly as extreme as when Eternals were in play. Scourings are also much more accessible to normal players. Chance+Scour would become more expensive, but I don't consider that a huge drawback.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
trav_dawg wrote:

I don't play temp leagues, I've never set foot in a temp league, I have 13,000 hours in standard permanent league.

I'm not declaring my irrelevance, I'm accepting my irrelevance declared by GGG.
Casually casual.

Hahaa, I guess I misunderstood. Ok I won't derail further, hopefully you do not give up hope on perm leagues!
IGN - Xukai

Last edited by trav_dawg on Feb 6, 2016, 2:19:40 PM
Don't even have to read OP post to agree eternals are needed back, but not at the cost of mirrors, they can co-exists as they had for many many years. Who gives 2 shits about what people in standard can achieve this game should be balanced for temp leagues not perm leagues.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Last edited by goetzjam on Feb 6, 2016, 2:19:26 PM
Scrotie,

I must say I do not agree with your take on eternals needing to be removed, and I feel they were rare enough that they couldn't be abused without great (extremely great) expense. but I do really like the idea of changing how scouring orb works. (or else creating an orb that performs that function)
IGN - Xukai

Bring"m Back ggg
IGN: LarsPunkNado (dps ts/punture)
IGN: larshuijskens (max dps auramancer)
I don't think that GGG was very fond of the massive bot/RMT fest that the eternal+mirror combination was encouraging. Also, the need to have an actual account-bound item flew right in the face of one of GGG's biggest company credos.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info