Game needs Eternals back (and here's why) |Petition|

Bring eternals back of course.
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
people that say eternals are bad are just jealous at people that have time and will to enjoy that part of the game.....there are so many aspects in this game every casual can enjoy that doesn't interfere with more hardcore player base

Eternals are not bad, the combination of Eternals and Mirrors is bad. The removal of Eternals didn't make it any better, it made things worse. Because now, we have inferior crafting, but the perfect crafting results are already there (talking about Standard here).

So yeah, remove mirrors or make them lock both copies, and re-introduce Eternals, if you want. Saying that Eternals are not needed is true, because there are other means of crafting that are fine. However, in Standard, you need to get rid of the existing mirror bases to incentivize crafting at all. I mean, why would I even start to craft anything if I can start saving for a mirror and just get the BIS rare?

My current situation, at the moment, is like this:

- I have about 70 Exalt worth of currency on Standard (only about 30 of them are pure Exalts)
- The gear I have for my character, and can do most content just fine with
- There is no long-term goal item-wise. I don't want to save up for a mirror, and everything else is just meh
- I love crafting, but there is absolutely no point to it at the moment

So yeah, kind of a pointless situation in Standard for me. I don't want to play leagues, cause I don't play enough to do that. Also I like progression. Might play leagues a bit once Ascendancy hits, though.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
By the way, Orb droprates. Exalts drop about 1.6 per Divine drop, and apparently Eternals were 55 times as rare as Exalts. Mirrors are a staggering 1650 times as rare as Exalts.

Prefixes/Suffixes Cannot Be Changed should cost 2 Divines. Period. This would cause a LOT of crafting in Standard right after the change, but eventually lead to Divines being more valuable than Exalts.

Cannot Roll Attack/Caster Mods should stay at 1 Exalt though. Both mods are balanced around removing less than half of the possibilities in exchange for doubling the cost of adding 1 affix. If shifted to Divines there is a chance the mod could become unusable.

Now that I think about it, the cost of Multiple Crafted Mods is really arbitrary, and moving it to Divines wouldn't be any worse than keeping if in terms of Exalts. Both options would work.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Feb 8, 2016, 3:12:12 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
By the way, Orb droprates. Exalts drop about 1.6 per Divine drop, and apparently Eternals were 55 times as rare as Exalts. Mirrors are a staggering 1650 times as rare as Exalts.

Prefixes/Suffixes Cannot Be Changed should cost 2 Divines. Period. This would cause a LOT of crafting in Standard right after the change, but eventually lead to Divines being more valuable than Exalts.

Cannot Roll Attack/Caster Mods should stay at 1 Exalt though. Both are balanced around removing about half of the possibilities in exchange for doubling the cost of adding 1 affix. If shifted to Divines there is a chance the mod could become unusable.

Now that I think about it, the cost of Multiple Crafted Mods is really arbitrary, and moving it to Divines wouldn't be any worse than keeping if in terms of Exalts.

Totally agree.

I'd be at the crafting bench right now

but instead I go every 4 exalts.

Slight note, Scrotie: 'Cannot roll caster mods' is currently 5 Blessed (attack is 1 ex).
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Feb 8, 2016, 3:17:14 PM
Crafting for me has always been little more than 4 linking things, and random augs regals on things, but I don't think I've ever used an exalt on anything unless a challenge told me to. That said I'm in favor of eternals, but I would break them up into 3 items.

A fairly common eternal that makes imprints of magic items. This would encourage the farming and crafting of guaranteed single property items such as master items, and things from div cards. I'd put this one at the drop rarity of chaos orbs maybe a little rarer, think 1 every 4 or 5 maps on average.

A medium rarity eternal the makes an imprint of sockets Linking things is a major part of the game, but I don't feel the risk of going from 5 sockets/links to 6 is ever really worth the reward in terms of build power, but allowing people to save the sockets would encourage a lot of people to try linking their own gear. I'd set this at about 1 in every 20 or so maps.

An extremely rare eternal that makes imprints of rare items This would generally be the classic eternal orb that you use to craft top end items with the goal of making something mirror worthy. I would put this drop rate at something around "ha ha you're trying to get these to drop good luck with that".

The reason I'm in favor of the eternal orb, is that crafting seems like a fun and interesting part of the game, but it really sucks, like really really sucks. In the purely economical sense unless you're planning on crafting something to sell mirrored copies of it's just never worth it to craft. Adding the ability to not ruin what you already have vastly reduces the cost of crafting good items, and maybe it will reduce it to the point where people who don't have nigh unlimited currency might try crafting for fun even if it's still not the most economical thing to do.
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Cannot Roll Attack/Caster Mods should stay at 1 Exalt though. Both are balanced around removing about half of the possibilities in exchange for doubling the cost of adding 1 affix. If shifted to Divines there is a chance the mod could become unusable.

Now that I think about it, the cost of Multiple Crafted Mods is really arbitrary, and moving it to Divines wouldn't be any worse than keeping if in terms of Exalts.

Totally agree.

I'd be at the crafting bench right now

but instead I go every 4 exalts.

Slight note, Scrotie: 'Cannot roll caster mods' is currently 5 Blessed (attack is 1 ex).

Just a prime example of someone trying to change the system because it would benefit them, instead of caring about what really matters.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Crafting actually should benefit selffound guys the most imo.
"
goetzjam wrote:
Just a prime example of someone trying to change the system because it would benefit them, instead of caring about what really matters.

That's pretty much what you are doing, and the opposite of what I am doing, if you actually think about it.

What I propose is a system that allows everyone to craft end game items right down to the solo self found player with the addition of not allowing guaranteed perfect items.

What you propose is a system that limits end game crafting to those who acquire eternal orbs from the peons that find them at a fraction of the value that their rarity would suggest, completely remove end game crafting from non-traders and allow the guaranteed crafting of perfect items. You even propose that master mods should be priced in orbs that dropped at a rate of 1/50th+ that of exalts.

LMAO.

Spoiler
And for what it's worth, you walked right into my goetz trap :P
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Feb 8, 2016, 3:43:02 PM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
LMAO.

Spoiler
And for what it's worth, you walked right into my goetz trap :P
You mean you could actually predict him saying that? Gee, I guess I give him way too much credit.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
You mean you could actually predict him saying that? Gee, I guess I give him way too much credit.

I knew he couldn't resist it.
Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info