Game needs Eternals back (and here's why) |Petition|

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Mirrors are RMT bait. Nothing more.
I should be used to this kind of stuff on the forums by now, but it's pretty crass of you to accuse every Mirror-service provider of RMT.

You know what isn't crass? To suspect that a high percentage of mirror service purchasers 'buy' the currency to get their service done via RMT.

I'm not accusing the 'service' providers of RMT. I'm suggesting that many of their customers almost certainly do.
"
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
I should be used to this kind of stuff on the forums by now, but it's pretty crass of you to accuse every Mirror-service provider of RMT.
You know what isn't crass? To suspect that a high percentage of mirror service purchasers 'buy' the currency to get their service done via RMT.

I'm not accusing the 'service' providers of RMT. I'm suggesting that many of their customers almost certainly do.
What do you mean by "high?" If you're thinking double digits, you should take the tinfoil off.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
I'm thinking double digits. No foil.
"

The mirroring function needs to be changed into something that makes more sense. Lock source & resulting items.

^this! I'd like Eternals to be added back only if this change goes through, so items can be mirrored only once.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
"
goetzjam wrote:
What good do mirrors do, it gives you that chance at any point during our gameplay to hit the lottery, its an iconic symbol of the game, its literally on almost all art to due with the game.

In terms of what does it do in game, it allows for you to reach a point in perm leagues where you can be insanely geared. In temp leagues, in conjuction with eternals allows for people to have great endgame weapons.

Mirrors also help ensure that rares remain the peak of the game, with the exception of rare chest, which mirrors do very little for IMO (some niche es builds ect) otherwise you almost always use a unique chest.

How large of a playerbase is affected negatively by mirrors in temp leagues pretty much no one, in perm leagues only those that wish to ever compete with the big dogs that already have multiple pieces crafted. Other then that mirrors do far more good then they ever have done harm. If someone doesn't want to make something themselves thats on them, you not having the original is a huge downside, even if you think the cost isn't worth it, what happens when GGG makes large changes and does things like remove reduced mana from auras, but essentially changes it to a blue gem, you have a copied item you can't modify. 1 handed weapons are pretty much set, but 2 handed weapons your limited to very specific support gems.

But again that only negatively affects standard, which the game shouldn't be balanced for and people shouldn't really give 2 shits about. Someone else was first to corner the market at this point its just standard players bringing down the health of the game because they are jealous they don't have what others do.

Do I like them because what they have turned standard into, not really do I like them and how they behave in temp leagues and how players at any point can find one and hit the jackpot, absolutely. At this point there are very few items you can find that have a large "yes" feeling when you loot something, removing the only one remaining would be a huge mistake, not to mention they would never do it. They would rather eternals never come back and leave the game stale as shit then remove the symbol of the game.

"
gives you that chance at any point during our gameplay to hit the lottery

It also crushes dreams of self-crafting competitive items. It crushes dreams of finding high end items extremely well rolled that can reflect their rarity when you sell them. Those two are of higher value than what you say, because they are a constant nuisance that will affect the way you approach the game on a daily basis.

3 quotes 1 argument
"
allows for you to reach a point in perm leagues where you can be insanely geared

"
In temp leagues, in conjuction with eternals allows for people to have great endgame weapons.

"
Mirrors also help ensure that rares remain the peak of the game

This is all the same argument(no mirrors = no gg gear), and it is better solved by boosting drop rates. I already told you to keep that in mind before posting. Imagine if they doubled exalted drop rate and quadrupled eternal drop rate. What, i believe the cost for a 6t1 is something like 600-800ex or so i was told once, but could be wrong. With those drop rates the value is closer to 250ex. What is the real benefit of doing that instead? Diversity, individuality, that more people get to craft and dare to craft, instead of void zoned crafting and the same few guys in monopoly. That people have more fun, that shorter leagues are more attractive over perm leagues, that the game doesn't feel insanely unrewarding.

"
How large of a playerbase is affected negatively by mirrors in temp leagues pretty much no one.. .. in perm leagues only those that wish to ever compete with the big dogs that already have multiple pieces crafted.

First of all if almost no one is negatively affected by mirrors(assuming they have negative side effects), then only no one would reap the positive effects (early you claim mirrors + eternals = great items in short leages). Clearly you mold your argument to suit your opinion. That said, i don't think mirrors has much of a negative effect on shorter leagues myself.

However it is outright wrong to claim that only those who wish to compete with big dogs over crafting monopoly will pay negatively. God, just go through this thread and see how i myself or many others have brought of up negatives of mirrors, such as that crafting is practically dead, monopoly situations, crushing of dreams, everyone is identical, etc..

I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
So someone beats me by crafting the best "X" first....
I actually see that as a blessing and here are a few reasons why:
  • I can now acquire "X" for a fraction of the crafting cost assuming the crafter wishes to subsidize their expenses/fund new crafts by offering a mirror service
  • Monopoly is a bit of a strong word. If fee's are too high people will not pay, and the market will shift back towards those 80% gggg rares. Yay economy!
  • Take a look at all the mirror services in Standard. How many of the crafters have multiple items on offer? This suggests to me that proceeds often fund new crafts facilitating point 1 above
  • Not having to craft every slot myself presents the opportunity of redirecting my spare resources towards crafting stuff that does not exist yet, or that I very specifically need (see the shields and belts I linked in a previous post)

Few players (would) mirror every slot due to severely restricting their gem options (among other reasons too I suppose). What does this actually mean? What is happening to the currency that those players are accumulating? It will get sunk somewhere; most likely into new characters or new (casual+ ?) crafting projects

Shields and Belts for the lazy or curious

IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on Feb 8, 2016, 3:53:35 AM
NVM i won't argue this shit anymore.

Waste of life, too hard to know if im right, and to find out not worth the effort.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Feb 8, 2016, 4:03:00 AM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
NVM i won't argue this shit anymore.

Waste of life, too hard to know if im right, and to find out not worth the effort.

Proving the other one wrong is the most important thing on this board. If you accept this it's no longer important for anyone to convince others except GGG. You did well... not important to make your stance scrotie- or goetzproof :>

To others: How good is a mirrored item in shifting metas and after addition of new (support)gems? Ah... just another fraction of the crafting cost, kk ^^
Have a problem with something I said? PM goetzjam don't derail a thread.
'There's plenty that needs to change. And back in my day we had real game devs.' - TheAnuhart
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on February 30, 2016 0:61 PM

Help Charan color the board - use [u color] to make your posts shine.
So I think we look at this in terms of incentivizing crafting because that incentivizes currency use and in turn incentivizes grinding at all levels of the food chain.

In the current meta we are able to hit 5t1 items using the master scouring method.

If eternals were re-introduced into the game, they would probably be used to go from 5t1->6t1 or 4t1->6t1.

Mirrors only provide benefit to those who hit 6t1s, or 5t1s in cases where the master mod is preferable to a regular mod. In the current game the creation of new 6t1s is much harder, therefore for this purpose mirrors provide much less incentive to craft. 5t1s are reachable, but at a lesser rate than with eternals, so mirrors have a smaller crafting incentive effect here.

If eternals were re-introduced but mirrors removed, eternals wouldn't provide much incentive to craft beyond 5t1 most likely. However I think most people overestimated how much they would earn on mirror fees for most 6t1s. As in most non-weapon items don't get mirrored. So even without mirror service as incentive, I think people would still craft 6t1s for themselves or to sell.

Lastly, mirrors have no impact on temp leagues, but eternals would be used. In standard you could argue both sides of mirror vs eternal, but I feel like eternals do a better job of fueling crafting by the top 10% rather than top 0.1%.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
GGG should just do a total ladder reset provided TAYLORSWIFT_VEVO can remain the top for permanent league

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info