Game needs Eternals back (and here's why) |Petition|

I don't know why leagues are so popular what do you achieve, sometimes few mtx and a little different gameplay? I'm in league atm and I dont even know why...

Why do people mock standard, every freaking hour you spend in league is gonna end up in standard anyway... So why not be in standard with high end mirrored items and eternal orbs to do some perfection instead of noobing around... I don't get it.

Can take you 10 years to find a mirror, if you find one ever in league ur never gonna use it? Such a waste..
Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is? Insanity is doing the exact... same fucking thing... over and over again expecting... shit to change... That. Is. Crazy. thinking: "This time is gonna be different. No, no, no please... This time is gonna be different."

-Path of Exile
"
prilletime wrote:
I don't know why leagues are so popular what do you achieve, sometimes few mtx and a little different gameplay? I'm in league atm and I dont even know why...

Why do people mock standard, every freaking hour you spend in league is gonna end up in standard anyway... So why not be in standard with high end mirrored items and eternal orbs to do some perfection instead of noobing around... I don't get it.

Can take you 10 years to find a mirror, if you find one ever in league ur never gonna use it? Such a waste..

My objective wasn't to mock standard, but I fully understand why people do. The purpose of the game shouldn't be about having BiS gear and just playing the 1 character the whole time, but if thats what you have fun doing, by all means do it.

The purpose of the game should be about experiencing the challenge of building up from nothing, having to overcome challenges, which should include whatever the league specific challenge is as well. If nothing else the temp leagues provide a ladder reset for people to test their skills.

Leagues are popular because at least from a HC setting there isn't any reason to play in a league without other people.

If you find one in a league you have the option to get pretty much whatever you want for it, there are people willing to put forth all the currency they have for a longer term character in standard. But GGG essentially ruined or removed the opportunity for people to mirror items in the leagues when they removed eternals, its very difficult to come up with a weapon or item worth mirroring without being able to craft or really save your crafting progress.

Ultimately the main reason why I feel like people shouldn't play standard is everything you find is essentially worth nothing. Legacy items, which at this point is like 1\3 the uniques or more means they aren't worth anything. The inflated economy where items are either worth 1ex or 20ex without much inbetween is part of the problem as well. If your talking long term progression of a character its an extreme amount of time before your actually progressing a character, because nothing you find is basically worth anything and the slow grind is for me unbearable.

https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
Theporter wrote:
Standard isn't supposed to have an economy though.

What an ignorant comment to make...
Recruiting for Archnemesis League/Siege of the Atlas!
Umbra Exiles:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3244875
The Official Path of Exile Guild Directory:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192567
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
trav_dawg wrote:
Scrotie, respectfully, you are wrong.

If all of the sudden eternals were more common, and instead thinking "oh I need 400 ex to mirror that bow...", what if you could think "I can actually craft something with these eternals and exalts that I'm accumulating..." Everyone would use currency (consumption would increase at all levels) and currency would become MORE useful and desirable. Right now, what good is an exalt to an average player other than to buy what they need? No F***ing good. At all. If everyone could use them to make good items and it was worth saving them I would bet dollars to doughnuts that exalts and eternals would be in HIGH DEMAND for everyone.

My current crafting project.

Every 4 exalts I find (unless I have a more pressing use), I reroll the suffixes. Ideally, I want to hit a T1 int and a T1 resist. I'll then use the last suffix for a master crafted resist, or attack speed, or dex... I can swap that master mod around for different builds/characters.

I really like how master crafting this way replaced eternal crafting. I'd be a lot happier if either exalts dropped more often or if the required 2 ex master mod wasn't 2 ex. I think it's enough that you are using 2 ex per reroll and can't reroll if you choose to finish all 6 affixes with exalts.

I can see myself crafting several items this way, long term. It takes quite a bit to get those 3 prefixes at a stage where you are happy (because no eternals) and will then lock them in and reroll the suffixes multiple times. This was almost my next project...

but I hit rarity instead of hybrid (If I was bothered about rarity I'd still clean the suffixes and try for double rarity + res/int + master). There will be several items that almost make it to the clean stage, either from drops or from crafting, before I get there per item, I like that.

Thing is, being someone who doesn't trade, I know how rare eternals were. They were ridiculously rare, like 50 times rarer than exalts and those who used them in 99.999% of the cases got them far too cheap by an order of magnitude. I might still feel that exalts don't drop enough, but this type of crafting is actually far, far better for everyone except the very few who abused eternals because the dumb peons allowed them to.

crafting glovs/helmets is very very very easy by the way. go craft with master mods a 5T1 weapon. you'll see the problem there. affix pool of weapons are huge. decreasing that huge affix pool would be also a solution.

in current market, where mirrors exist, when you craft a 5T1 item and hit useless affix as 6. affix, item's price goes to 25-50ex.(unless its a weapon) this crafting system punishes everyone who doesnt have full tabs of exalts. wwith mirrors existing you gotta craft a perfect item, or no item at all. most of the time, you pay much more on crafting your item than the price you can sell in market.

5T1 vaal regalia is like 400-500ex to craft. hit 6. mod as something stupid, then good luck on selling for 200x.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Feb 7, 2016, 2:01:05 AM
"
prilletime wrote:

i think i understand why you want these ethernals back. i took the liberty of checking your characters. one highly decked character and few fluff ones. you play the game differently to what - it seems - was and is the ggg intention. reroling and trying different builds. you want to perfect one build - i wonder if you even play this guy because it must be perfectly boring to roflstomp content without any effort...

it is perfectly fine and legit but you wont find much support i think.

the 'chasing the rabbit' game (getting that mirrored game or in general - toying with mirror-worthy gear/crafting) is for traders/RMTers. most players dgaf.. about it.

and no, mirrored items are not needed to complete the game, nor their 'poor versions' are so bad that game cannot be completed with them. top roll on a 2h axe is around 900. disfavor is 600? 630?. top bow is 550, mastercrafted one is 350. it is more than enough for any content. 2h mace is ~800 and 550/600 mastercrafted etc etc, and then there are the guaranteed uniques

if someone NEEDS mirrored gear to complete a build (as in clear the content) then the build sucks

all other stuff is vanity and while vanity makes the world go around do not overestimate its importance
"
sidtherat wrote:
"
prilletime wrote:

i think i understand why you want these ethernals back. i took the liberty of checking your characters. one highly decked character and few fluff ones. you play the game differently to what - it seems - was and is the ggg intention. reroling and trying different builds. you want to perfect one build - i wonder if you even play this guy because it must be perfectly boring to roflstomp content without any effort...

it is perfectly fine and legit but you wont find much support i think.

the 'chasing the rabbit' game (getting that mirrored game or in general - toying with mirror-worthy gear/crafting) is for traders/RMTers. most players dgaf.. about it.

and no, mirrored items are not needed to complete the game, nor their 'poor versions' are so bad that game cannot be completed with them. top roll on a 2h axe is around 900. disfavor is 600? 630?. top bow is 550, mastercrafted one is 350. it is more than enough for any content. 2h mace is ~800 and 550/600 mastercrafted etc etc, and then there are the guaranteed uniques

if someone NEEDS mirrored gear to complete a build (as in clear the content) then the build sucks

all other stuff is vanity and while vanity makes the world go around do not overestimate its importance

so you play the game to complete it? everything in the game should be designed around completing the game and the rest shoulda be ignored?

all games especially such hack n' slash games are just another simulation of capitalism. you need better items, cause they are fancy. you need better items, cause the guy next door has better dps than your build can have. you need better items cause you perceive your in gmae character as a reflection of who you are in real world. you need better items to be able to do deathless über atziri runs... etc. there are psych-economical, ego entangled reaasons why people are keeping to farm/grind and want the best gear they can get. if you ignore these poe can offer only 2-3 days of gameplay.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Feb 7, 2016, 3:28:16 AM
"
trav_dawg wrote:
Hello fellow exiles!

I can agree that BiS items (6xT1) should be possible to obtain. But then you shouldnt be able to "clone" them.

So, let eternals drop again (even with much better droprate), but Mirrors will drop no more (as well as Divination Card for them). So, God-tier items will be crafted, but they'll require insane investments pe r each item.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
Rupenus wrote:

so you play the game to complete it? everything in the game should be designed around completing the game and the rest shoulda be ignored?

all games especially such hack n' slash games are just another simulation of capitalism. you need better items, cause they are fancy. you need better items, cause the guy next door has better dps than your build can have. you need better items cause you perceive your in gmae character as a reflection of who you are in real world. you need better items to be able to do deathless über atziri runs... etc. there are psych-economical, ego entangled reaasons why people are keeping to farm/grind and want the best gear they can get. if you ignore these poe can offer only 2-3 days of gameplay.

i think you are the perfect customer

i play this (and other games) to have fun - because i like how given build/skill play, to test stuff out, to relax. the economy reasons of doing things i apply when earning my living, you know - the real game. i can afford to play games for fun. and i DO NOT connect my psych-well-being to how well my character is geared. i feel genuinely sorry for people that do.
"
Rupenus wrote:
crafting glovs/helmets is very very very easy by the way. go craft with master mods a 5T1 weapon. you'll see the problem there. affix pool of weapons are huge. decreasing that huge affix pool would be also a solution.

in current market, where mirrors exist, when you craft a 5T1 item and hit useless affix as 6. affix, item's price goes to 25-50ex.(unless its a weapon) this crafting system punishes everyone who doesnt have full tabs of exalts. wwith mirrors existing you gotta craft a perfect item, or no item at all. most of the time, you pay much more on crafting your item than the price you can sell in market.

5T1 vaal regalia is like 400-500ex to craft. hit 6. mod as something stupid, then good luck on selling for 200x.

And that's a really good argument why eternals are no longer, and should never have been, in the game alongside mirrors and a blanket no-binding policy. Mirrors are going nowhere, GGG are not about to swallow their pride and use the tools they are outright against, no matter how much their design failures highlight the flaws in their policy. That leaves us conclusively to eternals = dodo.

I wonder if all the pro-eternal people would be happy if eternals were back in the game but the community decided not to hand them to high end crafters for peanuts but rather demanded a value more fitting their rarity, like, say, 50 ex per eternal. Would eternals have fixed crafting for you again?
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Feb 7, 2016, 4:19:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info