THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: off to the Marauder forum

"

It is only rare or unique enemies when they are alone that takes some time to kill. Otherwise when there are groups i use lightning strike which will melt any mobs in even high tier maps.

Well its up to you mate, I'm just suggesting ways for you to push your clear speed further. Its just that as it stands, it feels that your acuity is being under-utilized as your crit chance and crit multi is very low.
Last edited by iSo1iD on Feb 14, 2016, 6:10:36 AM
"
iSo1iD wrote:
"

It is only rare or unique enemies when they are alone that takes some time to kill. Otherwise when there are groups i use lightning strike which will melt any mobs in even high tier maps.

Well its up to you mate, I'm just suggesting ways for you to push your clear speed further. Its just that as it stands, it feels that your acuity is being under-utilized as your crit chance and crit multi is very low.

Also with no crit you can't recharge your flasks other than killing enemies.

Besides clear speed is just fine. Take Voll in dried lake. Unless there are very few mobs around him I can kill him in 2-3 seconds.
"
"
iSo1iD wrote:
"

Also with no crit you can't recharge your flasks other than killing enemies.

The only situation where non-crit variations run out of flask charges is in long boss fights like atziri or core malacai.

Given this builds innately high clear speed, having permanent flask up time between packs is never an issue. Even lone rare or unique mobs are instantly decimated, as our base damage is high enough.

Your build's ability to self replenish flask charges is countered by its inability to kill the strongest end game bosses. The only fights where self-sustained flask actually matters is as previously mentioned, atziri or core malacai, but your damage output is way too low to effectively tackle said bosses.

Voll should never give a rainbownuke any trouble EVER.
Last edited by iSo1iD on Feb 14, 2016, 6:25:04 AM
"
iSo1iD wrote:

Voll is obviously not a problem. It is just an easy place to go to get a damage benchmark across builds as he is always the same.
"
"
iSo1iD wrote:

Voll is obviously not a problem. It is just an easy place to go to get a damage benchmark across builds as he is always the same.

Its a bad benchmark where almost all variations of the build just insta-kill him. This means that Voll dies too fast to truly test damage output.

Once again, I think your EB + MoM concept is interesting, I'm just listing ways in which your build could be better.
"
iSo1iD wrote:
"
"
iSo1iD wrote:

Its a bad benchmark where almost all variations of the build just insta-kill him. This means that Voll dies too fast to truly test damage output.

Once again, I think your EB + MoM concept is interesting, I'm just listing ways in which your build could be better.

I actually only have very minimal crit from my tree as I have focused on getting as much EHP as possible. This is a clear divide between our two builds. I like the high damage versions but they really don't fit my play style as i play way to reckless. So instead I have tried to take the MoM/Eb route and to try and get a good synergy between ES and Life. I have tried dropping Eb+MoM but it is VERY noticeable that you cannot keep leech up on ES that way. at least with my setup. It is a lot better to divide damage between ES and life and then get leech/regen from Both Ghost reaver and Kingsguard.

Basically I'm just trying to get high sustainability and be able to take extreme bursts/hits upwards of 12-13k. Which will be possible with the hierophant's Divine guideance. At near max level we will have 8K life and 5k Es,13K total, which is a good 60/40 split.

To my knowledge there are no other mjolner builds capable of reaching this high.
"

I actually only have very minimal crit from my tree as I have focused on getting as much EHP as possible. This is a clear divide between our two builds. I like the high damage versions but they really don't fit my play style as i play way to reckless. So instead I have tried to take the MoM/Eb route and to try and get a good synergy between ES and Life. I have tried dropping Eb+MoM but it is VERY noticeable that you cannot keep leech up on ES that way. at least with my setup. It is a lot better to divide damage between ES and life and then get leech/regen from Both Ghost reaver and Kingsguard.

Basically I'm just trying to get high sustainability and be able to take extreme bursts/hits upwards of 12-13k. Which will be possible with the hierophant's Divine guideance. At near max level we will have 8K life and 5k Es,13K total, which is a good 60/40 split.

To my knowledge there are no other mjolner builds capable of reaching this high.

I can see now what you are trying to do. You are trying to emulate Vivere'a Crit Mjolner EB + MoM Life build. Truth be told, I have already tried that variation, and unless you have a extremely patient and careful mindset, you will not be able to take down Uber Atziri or Core Malacai. (and boy does it take a freaking long time to kill said bosses) You are trading off your dps for pure tankiness, although the sad thing is, many of this build's killers also apply to your build. Shadow of the Vaal Slam, Malacai Slam and Atziri Double Flamblast can still instant kill you.

After 2.1, with Vessel of Vinktar released, basic to rare mobs and most unique mobs will almost never be a threat to the safety of a rainbownuke build. So going for pure defense is not as good as it was in 2.0, as with VoV you can opt for faster clear speeds without compromising on defense. The only time such a crit build is useful, is when attempting to kill Uber Atziri or Core Malacai, in the safest (but ridiculously slow) way possible.
Last edited by iSo1iD on Feb 14, 2016, 7:42:10 AM
"
iSo1iD wrote:
"

I can see now what you are trying to do. You are trying to emulate Vivere'e Crit Mjolner EB + MoM Life build. Truth be told, I have already tried that variation, and unless you have a extremely patient and careful mindset, you will not be able to take down Uber Atziri or Core Malacai. (and boy does it take a freaking long time to kill said bosses) You are trading off your dps for pure tankiness, although the sad thing is, many of this build's killers also apply to your build. Shadow of the Vaal Slam, Malacai Slam and Atziri Double Flamblast can still instant kill you.

After 2.1, with Vessel of Vinktar released, basic to rare mobs and most unique mobs will almost never be a threat to the safety of a rainbownuke build. So going for pure defense is not as good as it was in 2.0, as with VoV you can opt for faster clear speeds without compromising on defense. The only time such a crit build is useful, is when attempting to kill Uber Atziri or Core Malacai, in the safest (but ridiculously slow) way possible.

Yeah it can be slow on bosses. As you have said I tried to take Viviere's EB+MoM build to what i think is the next level.

Another thing people might not know of is using Ball lightning instead of Arc if you want charges. Ball lighting is capable of hitting 5/5 on single targets.

Big shoutout to Viviere for his great guide on life mjolner and EB+MoM. It is a great resource for mjolner builds. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1318464
In my opinion Viviere's EB + MoM build is really good, I've done it with lvl 89 templar, despite the fact that I got only ~3.5k life and ~800 ES it is quite tanky. I know that normal atziri is not that scary nor hard but with my lack of skills and often lag (thanks to my broken pc) my atziri runs went surprisingly well, I survived a few stupid mistakes, like tanking vaal smash or double flameblast and I dont even have max lvl purities or legacy saffels and +1 voidbringers. With non-legacy mjolner, 4.6 APS, legacy surgeon's flasks I get almost 100% flask uptime on bosses and I still have flask effect duration node to take so with that it will be 100% I believe.
So what's the reason that you can't do uber atziri with this build exactly?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info