THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: off to the Marauder forum

Possible ways to mid max my gear? , thinking of dropping shavs ring for a rare ring with stats so i can drop the champion sub class and go for the occultist sub class or the pathfinder, i seem to find my self not having fortify buff 80% of the time even against bosses.

my jewels

dropped blasphemy and warlocks mark running arctic armor, this feels much safer.

also running a life flask to sustain , i have 235 unreserved hp which gives enough buffer room .

Enchantments obviously need work and also am trying to craft spell damage on my shield.

what are the best enchants for this build?

deciding between elemental focus and controlled destruction, you only ever need the shock against bosses which is already provided by vinktars, my guess is elemental focus might just be better.
Last edited by ezhilarasan1618 on May 1, 2016, 1:49:37 PM
Is Clear Mind really working with this build?
I'm not getting any +dmg on spells.
"
Lletho wrote:
Is Clear Mind really working with this build?
I'm not getting any +dmg on spells.

Are you using the blood magic passive?
Yes, sure.
Im at 0/0 mana due blood magic
What skills are you looking at? I getting an increase in Arc and discharge tooltip dps when using Clear Mind.
Strange, tooltip does not actualize until the skill tree is closed.
When the skill tree is closed i've got the +dmg on arc/discharge.
After having played this build from 92 to almost 98 now over the span of a month I thought I would leave my thoughts on it. Im playing scion with beserker+gladiator and 5/5 charges using Intuative leap jewel. My thoughts are from someone trying to reach lvl 100.

3 Deaths

First death was to academy boss which more or less killed me in a second. Had another close call with the academy boss where i got down to around 10% ES. I switched to gladiator ascendancy instead of pathfinder. Since then I have had no problems with this boss.

Second death was to a pack of frost bearers. I was not aware that you could not block their explosions.

Third death was to a corrupted blood stack that I did not pay attention to since I was watching a stream while playing.

In short since going beserker/gladiator I have only died to my own inattention.

Ascendency choice

I went with Beserker + Gladiator as I wanted to have a more secure leveling process. You will be able to reach 75/56 block and 11K ES at lvl 99 which is insanely tanky.

DPS wise I have 25K discharge and 8.5k Arc with 5/5 charges and Lightning penetration. I do loose a few jewel slots so I only have 5 APS instead of almost 6 APS of the original build. I can get a little better around 0.2-0.3 with better jewels though.

When I reach lvl 100 I might switch fom gladiator to a class that gives more dps or more utility. Or I might stay as gladitor for very high block, it is too early to tell.

More ES VS More DPS

I have have 10.2 ES and will reach 10.6 ES with gear from perandus and reaching lvl 98. which will put me a good 2K more than OP. I would say it does feel quite limited usefulness when combined with the max block varient of the build. If you are paying attention I don't think the extra ES will save you from many situations.
That being said going for lvl 100 I would not mind being saved 1-2 deaths going 98-100. When reaching lvl 100 or what ever lvl you see as your last, I do think ES can be sacrificed for more DPS or utility.

Chaos resistance

I have no chaos resistance and I haven't had any problems with it. Village boss dies instantly and I don't stand in Caustic clouds from zombies or boxes. I suppose it is nice to have but personally I would not pay huge sums for extra chaos resistance

I hope this can be helpful to others.
"
After having played this build from 92 to almost 98 now over the span of a month I thought I would leave my thoughts on it. Im playing scion with beserker+gladiator and 5/5 charges using Intuative leap jewel. My thoughts are from someone trying to reach lvl 100.

3 Deaths

First death was to academy boss which more or less killed me in a second. Had another close call with the academy boss where i got down to around 10% ES. I switched to gladiator ascendancy instead of pathfinder. Since then I have had no problems with this boss.

Second death was to a pack of frost bearers. I was not aware that you could not block their explosions.

Third death was to a corrupted blood stack that I did not pay attention to since I was watching a stream while playing.

In short since going beserker/gladiator I have only died to my own inattention.

Ascendency choice

I went with Beserker + Gladiator as I wanted to have a more secure leveling process. You will be able to reach 75/56 block and 11K ES at lvl 99 which is insanely tanky.

DPS wise I have 25K discharge and 8.5k Arc with 5/5 charges and Lightning penetration. I do loose a few jewel slots so I only have 5 APS instead of almost 6 APS of the original build. I can get a little better around 0.2-0.3 with better jewels though.

When I reach lvl 100 I might switch fom gladiator to a class that gives more dps or more utility. Or I might stay as gladitor for very high block, it is too early to tell.

More ES VS More DPS

I have have 10.2 ES and will reach 10.6 ES with gear from perandus and reaching lvl 98. which will put me a good 2K more than OP. I would say it does feel quite limited usefulness when combined with the max block varient of the build. If you are paying attention I don't think the extra ES will save you from many situations.
That being said going for lvl 100 I would not mind being saved 1-2 deaths going 98-100. When reaching lvl 100 or what ever lvl you see as your last, I do think ES can be sacrificed for more DPS or utility.

Chaos resistance

I have no chaos resistance and I haven't had any problems with it. Village boss dies instantly and I don't stand in Caustic clouds from zombies or boxes. I suppose it is nice to have but personally I would not pay huge sums for extra chaos resistance

I hope this can be helpful to others.

Very useful post. Thank you.

I see you use CwDT along with curses? So you dont need Immortal Call? Have you tried OP's variant? would you be able to express an opinion about the OP variant vs your block variant?

I'd say 3 deaths is very very good. I have died many more times than that.

I also want to know which maps you are running? Doing the Core or not? I have to say I have 8.5k ES and I definitely still have some scary moments vs Village Ruin boss with dmg mods...
"
ggsbv wrote:

Very useful post. Thank you.

I see you use CwDT along with curses? So you dont need Immortal Call? Have you tried OP's variant? would you be able to express an opinion about the OP variant vs your block variant?

I'd say 3 deaths is very very good. I have died many more times than that.

I also want to know which maps you are running? Doing the Core or not? I have to say I have 8.5k ES and I definitely still have some scary moments vs Village Ruin boss with dmg mods...

I don't have the CWDT and blasphemy part optimized yet. I have IC with IC in my shield. Currently I'm using a lvl 5 CWDT but I'm thinking of switching to a lvl 20 as OP does it for a longer IC duration. As for curses, I have enfeeble + elemental weakness. I don't find warlords mark + blasphemy worth it except for the following scenarios:
Elemental reflect with - maximum resistance maps: Here having extra leech would make it way more safe to clear the maps. However you can also deal wit this problem by having high flask up time. As long as I have my flasks up I can't die to reflect. I'm thinking of using the belt "The Retch" for longer flask up time.

Long fights: Boss fights such as Core and Uber atziri where we can't have a 100% flask up time. Here the extra leech from warlords mark might be a nice addition. Just keep in mind that bosses have reduced curse effectiveness.

I don't do the following map bosses, remember dying once at high lvl is 10-20 maps down the drain:
Wasteland boss This boss might not one shot me but I don't want to test it.
Uber atziri Vaal flame blast could be a problem.
Vaal Temple Map Haven't tested yet.
Palace Map Only phase one with his touch of god is a problem.
Conservatory Map Vaal slam
Core His slam in phase one.

Remember this is written from someone trying to push lvl 100 and not wanting to die even once. Also this build variant is 99% the same as OP, the only difference is taking a different secondary ascendancy class and a few talent points different to give a better synergy with the change, notably retaking the flask nodes to give a fantastic synergy with Rumi's Concoction.

I do believe that going heavy block is better for leveling. When I have my flasks up I feel immortal to anything but a few map bosses. I never care about damage mods,- max res or even elemental reflect when rolling maps. If you have 2 level 4 enlighten going blasphemy + warlords mark would give even better survivability.

I hope this answers all your comments.
Back in 2.0 I've made a fine RT life/armor/aura Mjolner based upon Thundercane by Dimensi0n which performed extremely well up to the very end-game (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIl-BdEFiXc).

In current 2.2 patch I've designed Crit/Juggernaut life/armour version (its somewhere on the Mara forum, I wont link it because I'm not here for that reason) TL;DR: It performs quite decent but... as far as Rainbownuke goes I feel its overall a better build. It does more damage and has more EHP. The only weakness is lack of phys dmg reduction. This can be fixed (as many has told) by going Duelist/Champion. But I really like the Ascendant/Berserker/Champion idea, especially on a budged (and for that sweet global 1.5% life leech). So I've tried to work on that phys mitigation and managed to came up with a slightly changed Rainbownuke build with armor focus in mind.

Here's a complete build (yet to be tested) in the "medicore gear" category and I would be very happy if you guys, especially tackle70, iSo1iD and Tanakeah can give it some insight and post what you think about it before I will go lvl a Scion from scratch :p

lvl 93 tree:
--------------------

http://tinyurl.com/h9emove

Scion, Ascendant Berserker + Champion.

Gear (ignore socketed gems):
---------------

Spoiler
or
with some crafting to match resistances / stats.

+5l Shavs

+ Energy From Within + 2x 3 LGoH Crimsons

Gem setup:
------------------

5l Shavs: lvl 3 Enlighten + lvl 20 Discipline + lvl 20 Wrath + lvl 20 Haste + lvl 20 Grace

The Vertex: 1/20 Cyclone + 20/20 Faster Attacks + Fortify + Leap Slam

ES Shield / Saffels: lvl 21 Purity of Light + lvl 21 Purity of Fire + lvl 3 Empower

Rainbowstride: Blasphemy + Warlords Mark + CWDT + Immortal Call

Repentance: Molten Strike + 20/20 Faster Attacks + lvl 20 Multistrike + 20/20 GMP

Mjolner: 20/20 Arc + 20/20 Discharge + lvl 20 Controlled Destruction / LPen

Life left after reservation: 90 (or 200 for additional passive skill point)

Skill costs: Cyclone 0, Leap Slam 2-3 life per use, Molten 12-13 life per use (this is why 2x 3 LGoH jools will be needed)

If my numbers are correct this setup will provide:
-----------------------------------------------------

+ 14.5k per Discharge with LPen (vs 20.5k of Rainbownuke) 19.2k with CD
+ 4/4 charges
+ 5.2 Molten aps
+ 4.3 Cyclone aps
+ 3.7k ES leech/s on Boss without Vinktars with Molten Strike and LPen
+ 7.1k ES on medicore gear
+ 60% increased aura effectiveness
+ 14% to max fire / light resistances without Saffels giving 89/90 (with flask cluster and Emperors Potency jool can go up to 91/92 before Saffels)
+ 11k armor unflasked giving ~50% phys dmg reduction and 18k (~68% reduction) armor with white granite
+ 4 jewel sockets
+ 20% less damage taken from Critical Strikes
+ Perma Fortify with all attack skills
+ Cyclone, Leap Slam, Molten Strike at the same time (no gem swap needed)

The downsides compared to "pure" Rainbownuke are: 37% less dmg single target Molten Strike (130k vs 207k), a bit shorter IC calls (no Increased Duration gem in the link), requires higher lvl to reach maximum potential, no Purity of Ice, 3 less jewel sockets.

The benefist compared to "pure" Rainbownuke are: 50%/70% phys dmg reduction, 20% less damage taken from Critical Strikes, no gem swap needed for Bosses, higher max Fire/Light reistances (up to 91/92 before Saffels Frame @ lvl 96).

EDIT: So is it worth it?
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Last edited by RicoKGB on May 11, 2016, 5:11:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info