THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: off to the Marauder forum

"
k4s3y wrote:
Hello!

After washing out on my first three characters I decided to come to the forums and find some guidance. I really like this build but something stuck out to me that I don't understand. It's mostly about the skill tree and leveling. I understand initially you'd want to invest in dual flame totem build. But I'm concerned about what THAT build looks like and how i'd transition it into the rainbow nuke build.

Sorry for noobing up an otherwise insightful (and long) thread!

I have leveled three characters to 72 with dual flame totem using the following gear (you don't need a +1 gems Tabula, it's just a bit faster):

my flame totem leveling gear

Basically, get a Tabula Rasa and then whatever leveling Energy Shield gear you can, and you're good to go.

The only gems I worried about was the 6L, which is Flame Totem - Empower - Fast Casting - Controlled Destruction - Faster Projectiles - Fire Penetration.

For the passive tree, you just fill in your skeleton pathing around the tree to all your keystones.

Here's what my Ranger looks like at 52
Here's what the Duelist looked like at 72
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 13, 2016, 3:09:41 PM
Hi!

Was just wondering how the Trickster going? Really wanting to respec my shadow into this build and try it but can't seem to get a proper tree going. Could one copy the build on your shadow right now?
"
sunym wrote:
Hi!

Was just wondering how the Trickster going? Really wanting to respec my shadow into this build and try it but can't seem to get a proper tree going. Could one copy the build on your shadow right now?

Yeah! It works really well. If you copy the passive tree on my trickster the only adjustment you might need would be to get extra strength or dexterity if you have less on gear/jewels than i do.

this build is so amazing that i wanna it here and now! but affraid that my computer will say me "NO DAMN! I CAN'T DO THAT!"
Well after blowing about 50 ex in currency, i finally finished the zero mana-cost variation of this build, which was inspired by the elreon jewelry discussion in this thread. Basically, I make use of a -8 mana cost elreon ring in conjunction with a reduced mana gem, to ensure that my MS/LS cost 0 mana. On a side note, it is rather hard to find a suitable rare elreon ring with only a - mana cost roll and a strength roll.

The Gear:
Spoiler

Basically, in order for MS to cost 0 mana, we have to replace GMP with reduced mana. However, to make its single target somewhat viable without GMP, you need a helm enchant with +2 to number of MS projectiles, thereby giving it a pseudo LMP. Whilst 5 projectiles is only 5/7 as good as 7 projectiles, we compensate for the reduced projectile (and hence damage) output by running as a Berserker, whose Aspect of Carnage damage bonus more than makes up for the reduced projectile output of MS. I can take on end-game map bosses without any real issue, save for needing to be slightly closer to the enemy to ensure more projectiles hit. At the same time, I can run a 0 man Ancestral Protector for that slight boost to dps for single target.

For mobility, I linked a low level Flame Dash to my 5-link MS/LS, so that it can benefit from the reduced mana gem. Hence I have a zero mana Flame Dash as my mobility skill.

The main strength of this variation, is that I do not need any life gain on hit on my jewels/etc (which I wasnt really fond of, thats why I ran a life regen, non vaal pact variation of rainbow nuke). So I get the full benefit of Vaal-Pact without having to worry about sustaining my life pool to attack. In practice, my LS is practically the same, so my generic map clearing is pretty much just as fast as before. My boss killing speed is slightly reduced due to the weaker MS, but by going as a berserker, my damage output is still top tier. Overall, this is fun but expensive variation of the build that is made possible due to helm enchants, elreon rings and the Berserker's raw power.

Here is the screenshots of my zero cost LS/MS/FD:
Spoiler

Last edited by iSo1iD on Mar 15, 2016, 11:46:43 AM
"
iSo1iD wrote:
Well after blowing about 50 ex in currency, i finally finished the zero mana-cost variation of this build, which was inspired by the elreon jewelry discussion in this thread. Basically, I make use of a -8 mana cost elreon ring in conjunction with a reduced mana gem, to ensure that my MS/LS cost 0 mana. On a side note, it is rather hard to find a suitable rare elreon ring with only a - mana cost roll and a strength roll.

The Gear:
Spoiler

Basically, in order for MS to cost 0 mana, we have to replace GMP with reduced mana. However, to make its single target somewhat viable without GMP, you need a helm enchant with +2 to number of MS projectiles, thereby giving it a pseudo LMP. Whilst 5 projectiles is only 5/7 as good as 7 projectiles, we compensate for the reduced projectile (and hence damage) output by running as a Berserker, whose Aspect of Carnage damage bonus more than makes up for the reduced projectile output of MS. I can take on end-game map bosses without any real issue, save for needing to be slightly closer to the enemy to ensure more projectiles hit. At the same time, I can run a 0 man Ancestral Protector for that slight boost to dps for single target.

For mobility, I linked a low level Flame Dash to my 5-link MS/LS, so that it can benefit from the reduced mana gem. Hence I have a zero mana Flame Dash as my mobility skill.

The main strength of this variation, is that I do not need any life gain on hit on my jewels/etc (which I wasnt really fond of, thats why I ran a life regen, non vaal pact variation of rainbow nuke). So I get the full benefit of Vaal-Pact without having to worry about sustaining my life pool to attack. In practice, my LS is practically the same, so my generic map clearing is pretty much just as fast as before. My boss killing speed is slightly reduced due to the weaker MS, but by going as a berserker, my damage output is still top tier. Overall, this is fun but expensive variation of the build that is made possible due to helm enchants, elreon rings and the Berserker's raw power.

Spoiler

Isn't it cheaper, easier, and more powerful to just get jewels with enough life gain on hit that the normal mana cost is dealt with?

I've gotten a lot of questions from various folks about different ways to get Life Gain on Hit, but I am not convinced any alternative (poacher's mark, elreon rings, reduced mana, etc) is actually better or more cost efficient. Some people have messaged me complaining about the expense of jewels with their desired mods + Life Gain on Hit, but it's not all that expensive to just craft your own attack speed / life gain on hit / strength jewels... crafting ideal 3 mod jewels is fairly cheap, and only crafting 4 mod jewels becomes expensive.

If you wanted to do a mana based variant of the build and avoid Blood Magic, I could see this being very useful, but again - it just seems to me to be more expensive and weaker to do so.
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 15, 2016, 12:24:33 PM
"
iSo1iD wrote:

The Gear:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Hey Solid, I'm running a similar set-up but mine was considerably cheaper

only costed a few exalts including the crafting cost. I don't really understand why you have to make your MS 0 mana cost though. What I'm doing is that I'm running my lightning strike with reduced mana, giving my map-clearing setup 0 mana cost. For my Molten strike, from how I see it, I really only use it against tough T12+ map bosses, and from my many maps run, I would say a 3 life gain on hit jewel is more than enough to sustain a 12 mana molten strike without any problem. Also, my leapslam is 9 mana and I only really use it very seldomly(My 70% movespeed quicksilver flask is far faster for fast movements in maps). I realised early on that it would be enormously expensive to make my MS/LS/leapslam all 0 cost, so my compromise was essentially to replace all my other slots with 8% ES-12% spell dmg-16% lightning dmg for a serious boost and leave my strongest life gain on hit jewel on with essentially 12% attack speed/3 LGOH/24% resists so I'm really not losing anything.

On top of this, I'm running

these two for extra spell block. With these two, I have 66/73 block with a Rumi's concoction, rendering me almost immune against high spell damage and reflect. However, I am probably maxed out at 8.5k ES with this affordable setup, compared to mirror shield and shoes, which might shoot my ES to 10k+.
Last edited by lordangelic on Mar 15, 2016, 6:16:29 PM
The whole point of this experiment was to show that a zero cost build variant is possible, whit no real sacrifice made to overall build perfomance. However, in the end, there are no major benefits to going zero mana cost, save for even greater ease of use and having a free mobility skill as a non-trickster. There is no signifcant benefit, nor is there any real downside. Its just an alternative style that caters to the needs of some people who were curious on the matter.

As Tackle mentions, it is significantly cheaper to get LGoH on jewels than it is to make a zero cost MS/LS. Given the high cost of getting a suitable colored corrupted shavs, a good elreon ring and a helmet with the right enchant, I cannot reccomend going zero mana cost. In terms of power, using lightning strike remains completet unchanged. As for molten strike, if you can afford perfect attack speed and damage jewels, get the helm enchant and use a berseker, then your damge output is more or leas unchanged for single target,

I could have made the build cheaper if i opted to get any type of ring, but i was specifcally looking for a rare elreon unset ring that only had a strength and -mana cost roll. I would still pass using rainbowstrides and rathpith globe, as reflect and high spell damage hasnt been a problem for this or the standard rainbownuke variation.

Overall, i'd still stick to the original build variation as laid out by Tackle. Its very strong and cost effective. This is afterall just an experiment for those who see value in having zero cost skills.
Last edited by iSo1iD on Mar 15, 2016, 7:42:05 PM
i like the vertex setup aswell but zero mana is somehow overkill yet possible.
you are good with two +3 hit gems when using vertex which grants, and this is easily overseen sometimes, +1 socket gems leading to a 8 projectile LS.

another thing i was wondering is what lvl your cast when damage taken should be? 1, 10, 20? what are your experiences?

what would be the perfect glove/boot/helm enchant from trials?
IGN: Kitaen
"
Kitaen wrote:
i like the vertex setup aswell but zero mana is somehow overkill yet possible.
you are good with two +3 hit gems when using vertex which grants, and this is easily overseen sometimes, +1 socket gems leading to a 8 projectile LS.

another thing i was wondering is what lvl your cast when damage taken should be? 1, 10, 20? what are your experiences?

what would be the perfect glove/boot/helm enchant from trials?

Your CwDT + Immortal Call Setup should be adjusted so that you can achieve 3+ seconds of immortal call as much as possible. I am using a Level 4 CwDT with a Level 6 Immortal Call + a 20/20 increased duration so that I can achieve a 3 second immortal call with 3 endurance charges after taking 700+ damage. Honestly, the choice of running a high or low level CwDt is up to you. Do you prefer more often procs of your Immortal Call or a longer overall proc duration.

If you take a level 20 CwdT, level 20 Immortal Call, 20/20 increased duration you can get a 4s immortal call with 3 endurance charges. Although you will first need to have taken 3200+ damage to proc the setup, which isnt very hard to do.

Good Boot Enchants for labyrinth runs are pretty open to choice and preference. If you are good at speed running the labyrinth without getting hit, the 8% increased Movement Speed if you haven't been Hit Recently mod is a pretty good enchant to get.
Last edited by iSo1iD on Mar 16, 2016, 10:00:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info