THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: off to the Marauder forum

What kills you typically? I don't think you have a gear or a passive tree problem, I think you just need to work on your jewels/flasks/gem setup to be more like the suggestions in the OP.

Even adding a couple of 1-2 chaos magic jewels with a single attack speed roll and Life Gain on Hit, then dropping the life flask and replacing with a staunching would probably go a long way to helping your build out.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 9, 2016, 9:59:37 AM
As you said earlier bleeding and stuns are my main problems and i will fix them ASAP and After that i will change my jewels and flasks

Thanks for helping me !

"
IIyIIa wrote:
As you said earlier bleeding and stuns are my main problems and i will fix them ASAP and After that i will change my jewels and flasks

Thanks for helping me !

No problem - hope it helps :)

*edit* - Oh, and get your Arc/Discharge to 20/20 and then throw a Lightning Penetration into your Mjolner instead of Life Leech!
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 9, 2016, 10:22:05 AM
i think duelist is the best class for this build now, cause of good First to strike last to fall.
auras im currently running: https://poe.mikelat.com/#OGWN9ag/L4Q7o8lh/mHKAVCY/P9HiEBo
No purity of ice but u can manage without it. Also you're basically immune to physical damage, cause of the 22k+ armour u get from grace and massive aura buffs + First to strike last to fall (200% Armor and evasion at lowlife)
Skilltree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQAALkdp5-fowHcZKNhIRpVNuiGYAHnYVI6Uqcw704OPJ_LXhOG0d-_FHFAoCcL20_46yFgg7bgw-oYdPElvPcyKaVyqXzZrKpZ83IPlG9mnmZU-tIdFBcvj0Zk55uhVdb314CkhEismFxrEQ_DbTsN7-vQH0yzLR-VIB1PwfM1uVyKoqMRUKcrf8ZtGZMnwcXZW76K74h71-wYGyWhL8rT-TeP-nC7S660DNfP8NXQ0NkT6rpGcUmxSVFfai9vDXzhiIMJHapvnv5JykpfsJu1wzqExRmK-wn22hqP
Last edited by beamen on Mar 9, 2016, 11:01:38 AM
My only question about the relative power of Champion Armor variants is this - what physical damage was dangerous to you previously that is now not a threat? My experience has been that I basically never die to physical damage except for one hit kill mechanics that I fail to dodge and the Uber Atziri Trio if I mismanage staunching flasks.

I'll get around to testing it eventually after I'm done with Trickster, but it's hard for me to see *any* answer to that question other than the Academy map boss. I'd be surprised if 20-30k armor lets you survive the 1 hit KO skills like Palace Dominus / Core Malachai slam, and the physical damage from mobs just isn't a problem if you manage your flasks even reasonably well, even in very dangerous T12+ maps.

Physical mitigation just seems to me to be a non-issue for the build, so it seems to me like stacking on 20-30k armor is a solution in search of a problem.

I could see it theoretically allowing you to replace Voll's Devotion and CWDT/Immortal Call with something else, but is that really desirable? (this is an honest question I have)
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 9, 2016, 11:41:43 AM
i'd say insane crit map mods would give u alot of trouble, specially if u get surprise by a devourer, could very much 1 shot u if they crit
Edit: i prefer 20k armor over 6% max ice res, but its all up to whichever route that u prefer to take
by all means u can never replace volls devotion, since its such a high DPS boost for mjolner. I'm going for champion purely to make myself never die to physical attacks. Also make killing malachai a lot easier.
Last edited by beamen on Mar 9, 2016, 12:14:33 PM
The physical blows that tend to hurt this build the most from my experience are not the big chunk ones like Dominus ToG or Vaal slams or things of that nature. It's the medium ones like exploding porcupines, Vaal undead mobs in high resist maps, or even things like Village Ruin and especially Academy bosses. Also, maps that have monster damage increases on them for overall damage can turn even lesser mobs into heavier hitters. This build doesn't usually pack a lot of block% either, so it's not uncommon to take several hits in a row when in the middle of a pack...tentacle miscreations are also something that can be really nasty in the right circumstances.

With the testing I've been doing on Duelist - Champion, I have found that I can mitigate many of those damage sources down to levels where I don't need to pop VoV to be safe, even though it's not bad to pop it by any means. Academy boss in particular...I was able to stand in his tornadoes for a few seconds even with Vulnerability on me...I would NEVER, EVER do that on a non-armoured version of this build. My ES quickly, but no where near as quickly as previously and with a granite flask up, the fight becomes trivial and no longer a roll of the dice.

Again, it's not the huge chunk hits that threaten this build...armour does help with that, but it shines with mobs that can unleash multiple physical hits, or circumstances where that will come into play. The other thing is that if you find yourself needing to run Saffel's Frame in a heavy reflect map or against a boss that does a lot of elemental damage, you're left unable to block any physical attack. Doesn't seem like much, but I've had it make a difference on more than one occasion and it's very noticeable (especially with exploding porcupines and devourer-types) in the mitigation it provides.
I must be playing a bit differently from you guys... I am reasonably certain that the only time I died to physical damage that wasn't a 1 hit KO mechanic from a boss in all my run to 100 with this build was the Academy boss when trying to facetank with bad map mods (GMP +dmg).

Don't think I've ever died to physical damage from a mob ever since they buffed flasks so that staunching flasks prevent bleed throughout the duration of the flask (prior to that, corrupting blood was very deadly for this build).
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 10, 2016, 2:45:24 PM
Hi Tackle70!

Huge Mjölner Build fan here! Last league I tried the Crit Life based.

This time, with Cadiro and all, I thought I would try Rainbow Build!

So far so good, got my Voll, Shavs etc.

The question I have is how do you manage the resistance? (Not chaos.)
I was calculating yours and figured you would be short.

So my guess is that either the Aura effect stacks up and enables us to reach the gap?
Or you constantly pop Flasks to maintain it?

Thought it was a valid question, specially for new people!

Best of Regards!
IGN: ConductLABR
Always PM me on the forum since I'm ALWAYS online!
On my gear, auras + empower + all the aura nodes put me just above the capped levels of 83/83/84. In ele weakness maps, I rely on flasks.
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 11, 2016, 12:04:10 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info