[2.2 Video Guide] Tanky, High DPS, Crit Blade Vortex Build [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

The gems are socketed into a tabula but I was leveling another char so its not here atm. I'm planning to get a +1 tabula and 21 vortex.
Back from my previous post, I was only running one essence worm, I decided to run two now and run determination/anger depending on the map.
Determination pushes me to 90% physical damage reduction for about 6 seconds from a granite/and that phys damage reduction flask.
As you can see I alternate between inc. aoe and conc effect when taking on hard bosses.
Conc. effect dps is around 80k I believe, I'll try to upload a pic or a video when I get the time. DPS should technically be higher if you decide to use a 6l carcass or 6l coil for defence. I don't really see the need for inc. duration when I can keep up 40 blades with no vaal haste and 50 with it.
Hello sorry for spamming the thread lol, wanted to share what I've been messing with today.
https://youtu.be/iDNQh_D8PFQ This is me testing single dps of poison vortex on Hephaestus.
https://youtu.be/BNCKR-wLKgo This is another atziri run, using poison vortex.
https://youtu.be/LF8U9QTTpjA This one's an unid malformation map, again using poison.

Note that I switch out ICD for Conc. effect during significant fights. The damage difference is not crazy but its a boost nonetheless.

Somethings to note. I'm now running two essence worms, utilizing the second worm for determination to push phys damage reduction to 90% during flask time.

Now to answer the question, why poison?
As from the previous patch, vortex synergizes extremely well with poison given how fast it hits. While damage per hit may be on the low end, vortex applies stacks at a ridiculous rate. In order to fully capitalize on this, I linked vortex to a bunch of double dipping gems.

As you can see, in this set up I run: BV>Spell Echo>Faster Casting>Controlled Destruction>Increased Critical Damage> and poison.
If you're wondering why I dropped added fire in favor of increased critical damage, its because poison bases its DoT damage off physical and chaos damage done, boosting raw spell damage and crit multiplier or area damage for example would therefor boost poison damage, unlike added fire.

now obviously my tooltip had gone down by like 2-3k or so, but I personally experienced significantly higher single dps versus bosses. The one downside I can think of is lesser leech damage from the dps loss from added fire, but we still do enough damage regardless.

I also specced into the poison nodes in the shadow starting point.
Last edited by Hakizo on Apr 10, 2016, 6:42:02 PM
Nice Build! just found it and the Video Guide looked great so i grabbed the gear and start now. but i got a question: can i change the setup in the 6L body to a CoC one? so i just have to start of with the one in the dagger, and then just auto cast it while clearing. i may be dumb, thats why im asking :P
German Fegit!
Standard Pleb!
Shitty Crafter!
After spending ~3-4 exalts on my gear (most I've ever had) and running three maps after getting LC, I finally ripped @ lvl 83 doing Orchard map lol. Damn Orchard map. I even remember reading about someone else ripping to orchard map and thought to myself, "This may be the map that does me over." Long story short, I WB'd into a giant pack of porcupines, my game stuttered (forgot to spam flasks during stutter), and my character ripped about a half sec later. I wasn't able to determine the mob pack type, but there's a good chance they were curse immune OR jumping in and gibbing a bunch of porcupines at once caused me to pop... idk *shrug*

Anyway, I'm not salty at all and this is my favorite build I've ever played ("iron reaver" close second). The fact this build comes online so early makes re-rolling WAY less painful. I got to A3N in about 2 hours and woulda been shorter w/o a couple breaks.

Even though I'm stuck without spell echo and all the nice +AoE% and incr duration nodes, I'm still having a blast with my new character. I got my 2 lifesprigs like normal and I invested in a Q20 BV so I have an early +10% area effect. You can twink out a new BV toon, which is fun. I might get a tabula seeing that another guy here was running maps with it.

Question: What is the least expensive way to go about getting a 6-link coil? I bought a 6 socket, 5-link for 2.2exa, but the 6-linkers were going for ~12exa. I'm figuring the difference here is less than the cost it would be to roll a 6-link in fusings. I don't know how you guys are getting 5-links with 3 off colors (blue).

Thank you OP, this build is excellent.

Last edited by WilliamShazbot on Apr 13, 2016, 11:24:18 AM
Would be so great if u make a video of soloing atziri with this build wanna see until i try myself on HC ^^
"
saniol19993 wrote:
Would be so great if u make a video of soloing atziri with this build wanna see until i try myself on HC ^^

This is exactly what I would like to see too.

Anyway, thanks for the build. It is really fun to play with.
Last edited by krezixim on Apr 17, 2016, 7:48:45 AM
Hi all, reading the previous posts, I assume that the decent dps should be around 20k. Mine, in h/o unbuffed, is around 5k. There is something i'm missing? I cant go over t4-5 maps without being one-shotted by boss, yesterday shotted in a t2...I have all res over 150%, 4.1k life and 1.3 mana and this is my actual gear:

My

I haven't currency for a 6l coil, just bought yesterday my first 6l chest for my ranger (where I have the same dps matters....people post screenshots with 90/100k and I'm at 25k unbuffed with tornado shot...), but I think the chest is not my only problem.
Can someone tell me where I'm wrong? Thks!!
Last edited by ZeroCool79 on Apr 19, 2016, 9:53:58 AM
skilltree broken :/....
"
ZeroCool79 wrote:
Hi all, reading the previous posts, I assume that the decent dps should be around 20k. Mine, in h/o unbuffed, is around 5k. There is something i'm missing? I cant go over t4-5 maps without being one-shotted by boss, yesterday shotted in a t2...I have all res over 150%, 4.1k life and 1.3 mana and this is my actual gear:

My gear

I haven't currency for a 6l coil, just bought yesterday my first 6l chest for my ranger (where I have the same dps matters....people post screenshots with 90/100k and I'm at 25k unbuffed with tornado shot...), but I think the chest is not my only problem.
Can someone tell me where I'm wrong? Thks!!

I used tabula until i reached lvl 91 and i had no problems doing t10+ maps.

Get better gloves, yours are crap. You can get 60+ life, 50+ mana and 2 30+ res really cheep.

Change the rings and get two diamond based rings with 70+ life and res you need.

Your amulet is really bad, you really should get 30%+ multiplier on it (this will give you a huge dps boost!) AND 70+ life, inc. spell dmg, 10%+ faster casting...

Your gear should be armour based!

Also, all you gems have no quality.

Last edited by memberx on Apr 19, 2016, 9:56:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info