[2.2 Video Guide] Tanky, High DPS, Crit Blade Vortex Build [HC/SC & Atziri Viable]

Your build guides are nicely detailed and very precise for new to mid level players, but many people are influenced by the dps/defence tree of the finished character when deciding on following a build. Just a suggestion, but screencap your numbers for future guides.
@Waggypants
"
vindicodlxiv wrote:
"
Just wondering, why Herald of Ashe instead of Hatred?

He's using MoM, and needs the unreserved mana. Hatred + Blasphemy would leave him with 15% mana left, while HoA + Blasphemy he has 40% unreserved.

Nice write up LNB! Quite different from my take at BV, but I like it.

Oh yes, that's true. I always forget Heralds are only 25%.
"
vindicodlxiv wrote:
"
Just wondering, why Herald of Ashe instead of Hatred?

He's using MoM, and needs the unreserved mana. Hatred + Blasphemy would leave him with 15% mana left, while HoA + Blasphemy he has 40% unreserved.

Nice write up LNB! Quite different from my take at BV, but I like it.

Glad you like it mate. Thank you =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Pro tip: if you put an MTX on your main blade vortex, you will be able to see exactly when the secondary PCoC blade vortex disappears, so you will have to cast it less often. => More casts on your main blade vortex => more deeps

Game pay2win confirmed.

Edit: Also, swapping faster casting for phys to lightning seems to work pretty well. There is about 5% loss of tooltip dps, but BV will shock all the time and everything melts. It's just a nice way to monetize all those crits.

Edit 2: Or, you can replace added fire for phys to lightning if you like the cast speed. Compared to LNB's original setup, the result is 15% less added elemental damage, same cast speed and consistent shocks.

Cheers
Last edited by NormieGamer1 on Feb 2, 2016, 7:43:14 PM
"
Pro tip: if you put an MTX on your main blade vortex, you will be able to see exactly when the secondary PCoC blade vortex disappears, so you will have to cast it less often. => More casts on your main blade vortex => more deeps

Game pay2win confirmed.

Edit: Also, swapping faster casting for phys to lightning seems to work pretty well. There is about 5% loss of tooltip dps, but BV will shock all the time and everything melts. It's just a nice way to monetize all those crits.

Edit 2: Or, you can replace added fire for phys to lightning if you like the cast speed. Compared to LNB's original setup, the result is 15% less added elemental damage, same cast speed and consistent shocks.

Cheers

I tried the phys to lightning, the only issue is that it is only shocking white mobs which die really fast anyways.

Also, why not get the Scion AoE nodes?
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
Last edited by laycast on Feb 3, 2016, 4:33:55 AM
"

Game pay2win confirmed.

Cheers

This is a great suggestion, good find :)
"
laycast wrote:
I tried the phys to lightning, the only issue is that it is only shocking white mobs which die really fast anyways.

The aoe of blade vortex increases in incremental thresholds. This means that if you have 10% increased aoe but need 15% to reach the threshold, then you won't see any changes. With this build the scion aoe nodes isn't enough to reach the next threshold by themselves.

This may or may not be a bug, but for now at least, that is the reason why not :)
Hey LNB, Can you link your current gear?
"
"
laycast wrote:

The aoe of blade vortex increases in incremental thresholds. This means that if you have 10% increased aoe but need 15% to reach the threshold, then you won't see any changes. With this build the scion aoe nodes isn't enough to reach the next threshold by themselves.

This may or may not be a bug, but for now at least, that is the reason why not :)

What about the quality from BV? It gives +10% radius at 20% quality. Combined with the scion nodes that's 20% inc radius. Isn't it enough to reach the next threshold?

I'm also thinking about the other duration nodes, but that's a solid 7 point investment and I don't know if it will be worth it. Dunno, just thinking out loud :P
Last edited by NormieGamer1 on Feb 3, 2016, 10:17:45 AM
"
shanchamp wrote:
Hey LNB, Can you link your current gear?

Just click my profile and locate the character: VortexBro (or something like that) and you can see the gear =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info