Ascendancy classes will make the game too easy?

"
Frankenberry wrote:
The game is already to easy to be honest.

For starters they could remove all "get a 100% guaranteed 6L item" divination cards from the game. And a few well placed nerfs would also be nice. At least if GGG wants maps to have some challenge at all.

I don't think it's too easy....We know how good drops are difficult to come buy and we also know how the divination cards you speak of are rare to drop.. And exalted orbs to buy good items are extremely rare.

If it were that easy, then everyone would be level 100...... The 10% experience loss you get above 90 is brutal, especially since it takes so long to progress after that unless you have a ton of currency to buy very high end maps and have a build that will support running those super high end maps/mods.
"
Mentoya wrote:
"
Frankenberry wrote:

For starters they could remove all "get a 100% guaranteed 6L item" divination cards from the game. And a few well placed nerfs would also be nice. At least if GGG wants maps to have some challenge at all.

I don't think it's too easy....We know how good drops are difficult to come buy and we also know how the divination cards you speak of are rare to drop.. And exalted orbs to buy good items are extremely rare.

If it were that easy, then everyone would be level 100...... The 10% experience loss you get above 90 is brutal, especially since it takes so long to progress after that unless you have a ton of currency to buy very high end maps and have a build that will support running those super high end maps/mods.

I guess we have a very different view on those things. The 10% xp loss is nothing before level 96+. I would say hardly noticeable. Hard to come across 6L cards? yeah as a drop. Just buy them. Exalted orbs are rare, but you should make at least 0,3 ex per hour just from grinding. Really.

Buy high end maps? Why on earth would I do that? Serves no purpose. XP per hour is just fine at tier 10-12 and I can go into the occasional 13+. Loot is also just fine.

Game is way to easy. Sadly.
If thats the case, play a Melee build :P
"
OP's mind: Lets make a thread even though we don't know wtf are they doing to the mobs in the exspansion.

That and how the passive tree will be tweaked and how many skills get nerfed, etc.

It's only the top elites that will always complain that PoE will become too easy. As a non-elite middle of the pack player I find PoE to be plenty hard and in many cases think some end zone bosses (Merc Malachai for example) are over-tuned for that zone and arena (Merc Malachai would be ok if battle arena was twice as large for better kiting).

So go ahead OP and make a wasteful thread before the facts are known. If you feel this way then there is always the Alt-F4 option as stated long ago by Joshua ("The only winning move is not to play.")
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jan 30, 2016, 11:32:08 AM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
OP's mind: Lets make a thread even though we don't know wtf are they doing to the mobs in the exspansion.

That and how the passive tree will be tweaked and how many skills get nerfed, etc.

It's only the top elites that will always complain then PoE will become too easy. As a non-elite middle of the pack player I find PoE to be plenty hard and in many cases think some end zone bosses (Merc Malachai for example) are over-tuned for that zone and arena (Merc Malachai would be ok if battle arena was twice as large for better kiting).

So go ahead OP and make a wasteful thread before the facts are known. If you feel this way then there is always the Alt-F4 option as stated long ago by Joshua ("The only winning move is not to play.")

in before merciless dificulty olso giving -25% less global crit chance, all map bosses having permanent proximity shield and monster geting some reals buffs against partys

the tears will flood the aqueduct

self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Last edited by caboom on Jan 30, 2016, 11:00:29 AM
"
Frankenberry wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:
"
Frankenberry wrote:

I guess we have a very different view on those things. The 10% xp loss is nothing before level 96+. I would say hardly noticeable. Hard to come across 6L cards? yeah as a drop. Just buy them. Exalted orbs are rare, but you should make at least 0,3 ex per hour just from grinding. Really.

Buy high end maps? Why on earth would I do that? Serves no purpose. XP per hour is just fine at tier 10-12 and I can go into the occasional 13+. Loot is also just fine.

Game is way to easy. Sadly.

The 10% is alot if you are a casual player who can only put in an hour here and there. You may be in the very small minority who think it's too easy and can easily make it to 100 without a sweat on very minimal gear.... Heck, I talk to people who think Diablo 3 is incredibly easy and it's still a very popular game.

The thing is, you can easily make it harder on yourself just by wearing sub par gear.... Try and beat the game using low level items and alch the highest maps for the most difficult mods possible.
Or try a super low life build and then come back and tell me how easy it is? You can make your own difficulty and that's how it should be!.

The people that says it's too easy do have choice to make the game more difficult. If you can made it to T10 maps using super low level gear on a super low life build, then congratz as you are probably in the less than 1% that can do that. Not everyone wants a difficult game. They want to be able to alter it to make it as difficult as they want based upon the choices/challenges they decide to make for themselves.

Last edited by Mentoya on Jan 30, 2016, 1:35:19 PM
The game will always be 99% walking from pack to pack, clicking right mouse for 1-3 seconds, and everything dying. Ascendancy will not make it any more or less true. You cant do better than instagib and we have instagib now.
"
yungwhiz wrote:
The game will always be 99% walking from pack to pack, clicking right mouse for 1-3 seconds, and everything dying. Ascendancy will not make it any more or less true. You cant do better than instagib and we have instagib now.

And if people want things more challenging, then they can do real low life builds or low stat gear builds or any countless other hard challenges with more challenging passive tree selections.......The game is as easy or as hard as you want it to be, and the choice is always in your hands.
"
caboom wrote:
in before merciless dificulty olso giving -25% less global crit chance, all map bosses having permanent proximity shield and monster geting some reals buffs against partys

The penalty on the global critical strike chance isn't actually a bad idea.
"
Mentoya wrote:
"
yungwhiz wrote:

And if people want things more challenging, then they can do real low life builds or low stat gear builds or any countless other hard challenges with more challenging passive tree selections.......The game is as easy or as hard as you want it to be, and the choice is always in your hands.

So what you are basically saying is it doesn't matter, since the players can always nerf their own characters by not optimizing them ? ...

Also I do not know if I am a minority but seriously this game is not hard. I have a screnshot somewhere lying around of me going from lvl 1 - 91,75 in 36 hours / played or so. So for someone really casual you should be able to get to lvl 92 in 1 month easily.

I just timed my runs in some maps. Just from grinding (without any good drops) i had a 0,5ex per hour profit (subtracting map cost, chisel cost, alch cost and chaos rerolling map cost). This is with 0 quantity on gear and 24% rarity from Rat's Nest. Anyone could beat that with a simple beginner MF build.

So just farm for 10 hours over a course of a week or so (assuming you can only throw in 10 hours over 7 days). That should net you 5+ exalts worth of profit. More than enough to buy nice gear for most builds out there.

This game is not hard.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info