Ascendancy classes will make the game too easy?

"
diegodgo87 wrote:
"
perafelix wrote:
Not sure what you think guys but in my opinion all these new skills IN ADDITION to what you can get on the tree will make the game unbalanced and too easy. Some big changes are coming in the tree or in the mobs life/resist? As of today killing mobs is not a big problem and the only thing you have to care about is survaivability

I don't think will be easy, i mean i'm pretty sure GGG will introduce some new high end content, where you gonna need all the help you can get, besides to get the 6 Ascendacy points you have to beat the Labyrinth, that labyrinth who change every day.

Probably most players just get the first 4 points (Nomal & Cruel) and the 2 Merciless points will be fuc*** hard to get.

If that's the case, the only the players who don't need them will get them. Swell.
Hit the nail Shagsbeard, you hit the nail...
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
the disparity between strong builds and average ones is huge so is not surprising some may find the content easy while other hard or next to imposible.

ascendacy wont change that, with a bit of luck sucky builds will be able to do content that was before unavailable to them.
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

I hope they will take Ascendancy to make cruel and merciless act 1-2-3 much harder
It will be hilarious if no respec is allowed on ascendancy points.

The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Let me make a a wide guess about 2.2:

- Monster Damage will go up
- Monster life in high level maps will go up
- Damage modifiers on ranged abilities and spells will get nerfed by 10-15%

- new monster AI and skills will be added to exisiting monsters to make them harder
- passive tree won't be changed significantly at all (a few nodes + maybe acrobatics will get ajusted)
- Lightning Coil/Taste of Hate/Rumi's Concauction/Vessel of Vinktar will get nerfed
- Ranger flask nodes (Druidic Rite + Primal Spirit) will get nerfed

- Poison will get nerfed so it is similar effective as bleed
- Controlled Destruction/Void Manipilation will get a less modifier instead of a reduced
- CoC will get ajusted slightly
- popular skill gems in 2.1 will get nerfed and unpopular ones will get buffed slightly in 2.2

Something like that has to happen otherwise we will face another D3 Clone soon i am afraid. Oneshotting everything on the screen or getting oneshot and it truely will be all about clear speed.

I hope GGG will handle this situation carefully - the powercreep is real and far too much, it needs to be ajusted.
Last edited by Wiesl_1404 on Jan 29, 2016, 12:27:04 PM
We've been complaining about power creep since they added Act 3.x. They seem to want it. Keeps the kiddies happy, I guess, and as long as parents aren't keeping their credit cards locked up, I think that's the demographic that GGG is trying for.
Can it become more easy ? ;)
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
We've been complaining about power creep since they added Act 3.x. They seem to want it. Keeps the kiddies happy, I guess, and as long as parents aren't keeping their credit cards locked up, I think that's the demographic that GGG is trying for.

Ah, power inflation is like real world inflation; you don't want high values, but you don't want to risk deflation either. Else some people lose economical motivations.
Extremely tiny increases in power are reasonable, while Atziri's Acuity/Vessel of Vinktar levels are not.

That being said, Ascendancy is not just powercreep for the sake of powercreep, it has an obvious purpose. It's like when master crafting came along; yes, it adds power, but it has a function in the game, so it should be tolerable. Also, a lot of people require help with act IV (and yes, it will make problems worse with act I to III in the next difficulty).
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I didnt realize game was hard in first place. I basically level with two 3l wands and no chest every build. if I can afford a tabula Ill grab one for maps. AOE is out of control and mobs die with most 4L setups so geofris is really all I need until 75+ maps

The hardest thing is actually getting maps to make game hard.

Rightly said! The game is actually pretty easy atm (for most of us), it only starts getting hard in end game content like lvl 80+ maps and uber atziri (normal atziri is pretty easy for most builds), and most of the players don't get currency enough to experience it. So for most part game is fairly easy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info