Ascendancy classes will make the game too easy?

I for one would welcome an easier game.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Last edited by TheAshmaker on Jan 30, 2016, 8:00:48 PM
"
Frankenberry wrote:
"
Mentoya wrote:
"
yungwhiz wrote:
The game will always be 99% walking from pack to pack, clicking right mouse for 1-3 seconds, and everything dying. Ascendancy will not make it any more or less true. You cant do better than instagib and we have instagib now.

And if people want things more challenging, then they can do real low life builds or low stat gear builds or any countless other hard challenges with more challenging passive tree selections.......The game is as easy or as hard as you want it to be, and the choice is always in your hands.

So what you are basically saying is it doesn't matter, since the players can always nerf their own characters by not optimizing them ? ...

Also I do not know if I am a minority but seriously this game is not hard. I have a screnshot somewhere lying around of me going from lvl 1 - 91,75 in 36 hours / played or so. So for someone really casual you should be able to get to lvl 92 in 1 month easily.

I just timed my runs in some maps. Just from grinding (without any good drops) i had a 0,5ex per hour profit (subtracting map cost, chisel cost, alch cost and chaos rerolling map cost). This is with 0 quantity on gear and 24% rarity from Rat's Nest. Anyone could beat that with a simple beginner MF build.

So just farm for 10 hours over a course of a week or so (assuming you can only throw in 10 hours over 7 days). That should net you 5+ exalts worth of profit. More than enough to buy nice gear for most builds out there.

This game is not hard.

Good! I'm glad the game isn't super difficult, because there are plenty of other games I could play if I wanted a super difficult game...... Diablo 1,2,3 is also very easy and it's been very successful.......

Last edited by Mentoya on Jan 30, 2016, 10:15:34 PM
In my opinion they are just going to nerf skills and tree in a way that eventually nothing will change :) I do agree the game should be made a little harder with the exception of Malachai which is incredibly hard in comparison to other bosses
I think currently the game is too difficult?
It's easy to demolish mid tier maps with 20 chaos worth of gear.

It's hard to quickly level past level 90 with minimal or zer0 deaths.

GGG has given players nuclear weapons for cheap but in return made mobs vastly more rippy.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 31, 2016, 2:13:37 AM
"
Deadpeng wrote:
I think currently the game is too difficult?

Well high end shit yeah but people don't do high end because it's well shit experience vs a ton of speed clears.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
to me, it will be a much needed help

for others who are already overpowered, it will make them more powerful

or GGG is going to nerf the passive tree and buff monsters, intending to keep things relatively the same

so whether things are going to be easier, about the same or harder, there's no way to know yet

of course, bad players like me wish for the game to be easier, while professionals want things to become harder, if things stay the same, then any addition to make you more powerful ends up being "a lie" if I can word it so, more choices to make but not more power to gain
"
pred88 wrote:
Talking about game difficulty when you don't play hardcore is kind of ironic imo.

I really don't see what this HC/SC fuss is about. I don't play HC a lot primarily cause all my guild mates and friends play SC. I do participate in races tho, which are HC, and I don't feel it is really that difficult as people say it is. All I do in HC when things really go bad is press logout macro and I am safe, how is it difficult? Also, if you're playing HC and not even attempting the tough content, is it really that challenging. I think its personal preference which league you play, and it is not right to compare difficulty based on league, well IMHO.
People play games differently. A player who trades for stuff is going to find the game much easier than someone who uses only the stuff they find, and those players will find it easier than someone who restricts his characters to use only what that character has found.

Then there's party play vs solo.

SC vs. HC

Near the server vs. playing from Hawaii.

Not everyone will experience the game the same way you do.

I remember one player back in the old D2 days that wouldn't use portal scrolls because she felt it was cheating.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jan 31, 2016, 8:18:19 PM
I'm down with making the game easier.

If I can't find any items at least let me kill stuff effectively.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info