The new Ascendancy classes seem kind of bland compared to the others

"
Caliginosus wrote:
Ah yes, forgot about this one. Could even be nice, 1h weapon with good damage. But yeah, the problem would be that one could only trigger the freezes from monsters that deal cold damage, and the damage has to be high enough. Not even close to reliable, but fun nevertheless. :D

It could be somewhat reliable, I guess. We only need a chest piece that has physical taken as cold, then you make a CI jugger and get frozen every time you get critted or chance to freeze triggers. That new ring could also help by giving enemies more crit chance, or you could curse yourself with frostbite if we don't get something that would give us chance to be frozen like we got for ignite.

It could be a fun little gimmick, though it probably won't be terribly strong.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
xMustard wrote:
im just in general really disappointed.

GGG reveals a great class like Pathfinder, just to take our hopes and dreams away by nerfing it before release? c'mon, thats a low blow.

and don't tell me that shit isn't going to get a nerf hammer in the face, because it has to! that is RIDICULOUS power. Rangers will become unkillable and still have hundreds of thousands of DPS without much issue.

Agree, Pathfinder and other class super broken, and we got Marauders classes that so weak and so useless compared to them, it makes laughs how stupid making it.

Any class that do crit, have ele dmg, cast spells, bow/ranged, trap/mine got unkillable and still have hundreds of thousands of DPS without much issue, when melee non crit got NOTHING. Such balance... lol.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
It could be somewhat reliable, I guess. We only need a chest piece that has physical taken as cold, then you make a CI jugger and get frozen every time you get critted or chance to freeze triggers. That new ring could also help by giving enemies more crit chance, or you could curse yourself with frostbite if we don't get something that would give us chance to be frozen like we got for ignite.

If you can somehow freeze yourself all the time, which I don't think is possible, you will be pretty much immortal as a CI Marauder. 10k base armor from Berek's Pass and 20% regen from Winterheart.
"
Starxsword wrote:
"

If you can somehow freeze yourself all the time, which I don't think is possible, you will be pretty much immortal as a CI Marauder. 10k base armor from Berek's Pass and 20% regen from Winterheart.

Sounds like such a great spec - CI Juggernaut. We really need something to take phys as cold.
IGN: Scordalia_
So

Shackles of the wretched + temp chains. ~80% more potion duration

Taste of hate - 30% phys damage taken as cold

30% Chance to avoid being frozen. Bummer. BUT

New block chance jewel, which gives you + 10% chance to be critically hit

More jewels.

MOAR!

Berek Pass + Winterheart

CI

Win?
Not a signature.
NERF HAMMER INCOMING!!! I am not sure what to expect, but the content is extremely easy right now. Adding anything right now into the meta is overkill. I'm pretty sure some nodes going to get removed... Getting popcorn ready for all the crying.

Edit: I'm hoping for some quality life improvements
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Feb 6, 2016, 2:30:25 AM
"
solwitch wrote:
NERF HAMMER INCOMING!!! I am not sure what to expect, but the content is extremely easy right now. Adding anything right now into the meta is overkill. I'm pretty sure some nodes going to get removed... Getting popcorn ready for all the crying.

yeah. there is a problem with difficulty I have no idea how to address

As they add depth, they add power to the knowledge => make the game easier for those who are able to take advantage of the new tools and features. If they countered it, the game would be too hard for new/bad players

the more features they add, the bigger the gap between players with knowledge and the others. GGG want to satisfy loyal players who want the game challenging, as well as gain new players..
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
ya that is also my fear. what the heck are they going to do to "balance" ascendancy?

its like they need to add almost like a new game mode where its like Berserker game mode. every mob has 50% inc damage, spd, atk spd, etc. you can use your current characters (regardless of league) and drop rates are higher with higher rarity/quantity, but death toll is double as well. or something.

i have no idea what they'll do, but its a fact something needs to be done. we can't just get all of these new shiny toys without some backlash. they've already upped mobs. im thinking theres going to be balance in way of our own abilities. passive tree alterations or something. they can't just keep making mobs hit harder or else this will turn into Path of Oneshot. either you one shot the mob or the mob one shots you
Last edited by xMustard on Feb 6, 2016, 3:38:36 AM
DpS of non-crit chars is mostly in the reasonable range, and Rory did let himself slip a few hints about doing something substantial to crit in future. I daresay they'll do something to multiplier, maybe tune it down to 30% like monsters have and scale just that extra damage instead of the whole 130%, so having 200% inc crt multi would mean double damage on crit. They could probably un-nerf multiplier on tree then, bring back legacy maligaro and so on.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Feb 6, 2016, 4:40:19 AM
Waiting for Assassin-class nerf. Infusion seems realy OP, +0.5% base crit per power charge? That's +4.5% with dual void battery, resulting in a 10.5% base crit for most of the spells.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info