The new Ascendancy classes seem kind of bland compared to the others

ya i don't think crit multi should even exist as a mod, to be honest. crit has so many benefits, increased damage does not need to be one of them.
if it is, it can be strictly a flat and static rate. in this way though you would probably need to recalculate duration of status effects not completely based on damage or something, and maybe even slightly change the DoT calculations not entirely based on damage done.
but even if you don't re-do those things, ya i just don't think critical hits need such high extra damage.
"
xMustard wrote:
ya i don't think crit multi should even exist as a mod, to be honest. crit has so many benefits, increased damage does not need to be one of them.
if it is, it can be strictly a flat and static rate. in this way though you would probably need to recalculate duration of status effects not completely based on damage or something, and maybe even slightly change the DoT calculations not entirely based on damage done.
but even if you don't re-do those things, ya i just don't think critical hits need such high extra damage.

You are simply wrong. outside of very specific cases, there is no way to scale damage for end-game maps for most builds without some crit investment.

This is simply by design. If GGG would start releasing more gems like controlled destruction(in a stronger form both in its pro and con), it would be a different story but for now, you go crit if you want to due decent end game damage or you go home. Continuous nerfs to crit is simply continuous nerfs to play damage output.

Prior to reflect nerf this was absolutely well balanced, now its a bit messy because unviable self gimp builds now become semi viable and has ultimately lead to this ultra fast paced game state.

Why did this happen? Because enough people whinned about reflect.
What will likely happen next? Enough people whine about crit so that get nerfed too.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Feb 6, 2016, 12:40:34 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
You are simply wrong. outside of very specific cases, there is no way to scale damage for end-game maps for most builds without some crit investment.

The key word there is 'some'. Look at the amount of hoops an RF build has to go through to get 60% more dps or a low life build for 30%. On the other hand, if you reach just 50% effective crit chance and 450% multi, which is doable with pretty much any skill in the game you get 180% more dps, yeah, that's 180% more, almost triple. And free status ailments, because of crit you can't cause a decent freeze or shock with non-crit builds anymore.

So, if the game actually requires a million dps to tackle high level content we have to ask ourselves is that content there to provide challenge for a million dps build or the million dps build is there because it's needed to tackle such content. A bit of a hen and egg conundrum, yes, and an equal waste of time, doesn't matter which came first and if one goes down so will the other.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Feb 6, 2016, 2:31:16 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:

You know there are a lot of non-crit builds that work fine right? I bet you wouldn't have said this last league when incinerate was the top build.
Last edited by Aggnog on Feb 10, 2016, 2:13:08 PM
"
Aggnog wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

You know there are a lot of non-crit builds that work fine right? I bet you wouldn't have said this last league when incinerate was the top build.

Kind of a bad example, devs claim the gem slipped through the cracks, it was supposedly never intended to be that powerful.

"
raics wrote:

Kind of a bad example, devs claim the gem slipped through the cracks, it was supposedly never intended to be that powerful.

Which raises the obvious question: If they never intended Incinerate to be that powerful, why did they load it down with so many restrictions? What we have now after the 2.1 triple-nerf is a short-ranged channeled spell that can't crit, takes time to ramp up, and requires the player to remain rooted in place to get the most of it as every break in the channeling resets the Incineration stage.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
Which raises the obvious question: If they never intended Incinerate to be that powerful, why did they load it down with so many restrictions? What we have now after the 2.1 triple-nerf is a short-ranged channeled spell that can't crit, takes time to ramp up, and requires the player to remain rooted in place to get the most of it as every break in the channeling resets the Incineration stage.

Sure, it was meant to be powerful, just not THAT powerful, if it isn't up to snuff it will be tweaked a bit more. Shit, I've seen people not even bothering to remove multiprojectiles in PvP and ramp-up time was pretty much non-existent with Echo.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info