The new Ascendancy classes seem kind of bland compared to the others

"
Turbodevil wrote:
2. I answered slow point with GGG quotes. Look up. Juggernaut IS immunity to Freeze/Chill/Temp chains and no negative effect on you regardless of attack /cast speed, accoring to Mark.

The way I understood that is you're immune to all that only when you first leave Lioneye's Watch at level 1, butt nekkid (if we imagine you had the ascendancy at that point).

If we assume your default move speed is 10 units per second, you got 30% move speed boots and 10% devoto, it will be 14. If you get slowed by 50% it will drop you to 10 instead of 7, and if you also had quicksilver active it will be 10 instead of 9, so it won't really do all that much in that case.

Same for attack speed, if your weapon does 1,8 attacks per second that's the lowest you can go, but if you had 3 aps you can still go down to 1,8.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
That's what I thought until I read this:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Slow does not affect attack speed, cast speed, or movement speed - it is not a modifier to any of those things. It's a slow on the character that affects the speed of any animations to play, and operates at an entirely separate level from such speed modifiers.

Slow does not affect attack speed, cast speed, or movement speed
Not a signature.
"
Turbodevil wrote:
That's what I thought until I read this:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Slow does not affect attack speed, cast speed, or movement speed - it is not a modifier to any of those things. It's a slow on the character that affects the speed of any animations to play, and operates at an entirely separate level from such speed modifiers.

Slow does not affect attack speed, cast speed, or movement speed

Yeah, saw it and I don't think it changes anything, I suppose he just wanted to clarify how it works behind the scenes but the end result will be the same. If jugger was unaffected by them it would say so outright, it wold be easier to phrase it that way and much easier to understand.

Not going to argue GGG could improve their wording, here's a thread for Unstoppable Juggernaut, I hope it clarify things.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1483085
Not a signature.
Right, right, so that's what he meant and the reason for that exact wording is they mean to introduce more 'hasten' effects in future. Well, no wonder, it wouldn't exactly fly in the long run as a straight out immunity.

"
Turbodevil wrote:
Not going to argue GGG could improve their wording, here's a thread for Unstoppable Juggernaut, I hope it clarify things.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1483085

Thanks for the clarification.

So as Mark_GGG says, "It means you can be frozen and can still move and attack (and cast, etc) as normal."

So anything that is contingent on you being frozen will take effect (Berek's Pass +5000 armour while frozen comes to mind), but the freeze itself does not hinder your actions.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Juggernaut + overcapped cold resi + Shackles of the Wretched + Frostbite + Winterheart amulet / Berek's?
IGN: Scordalia_
"
Caliginosus wrote:
Juggernaut + overcapped cold resi + Shackles of the Wretched + Frostbite + Winterheart amulet / Berek's?
Also that unique with increased(more?) damage when frozen, don't remember its name... Izaro's something?
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
silumit wrote:
"
Caliginosus wrote:
Also that unique with increased(more?) damage when frozen, don't remember its name... Izaro's something?

Ah yes, forgot about this one. Could even be nice, 1h weapon with good damage. But yeah, the problem would be that one could only trigger the freezes from monsters that deal cold damage, and the damage has to be high enough. Not even close to reliable, but fun nevertheless. :D
IGN: Scordalia_
im just in general really disappointed.

GGG reveals a great class like Pathfinder, just to take our hopes and dreams away by nerfing it before release? c'mon, thats a low blow.

and don't tell me that shit isn't going to get a nerf hammer in the face, because it has to! that is RIDICULOUS power. Rangers will become unkillable and still have hundreds of thousands of DPS without much issue.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info