The new Ascendancy classes seem kind of bland compared to the others

Not saying that they'll be weak or anything, but there were significantly fewer moments where I said "Wow" when reacting to these classes than the previous ones.

Maybe I was just thinking it would have something even more incredible to top the earlier reveals, so my expectations were unrealistic.

Anyway, it's time to push this hype train back into full speed, right?

CHOO CHOO.
Hierophant and Bererker looks cool...more totems and 100% increased attack damage is pretty good. Pathfinder looks lame to me. Buffs for only a duration dictated by flasks and only one that seemed kinda OP (flask charges on crit) is super lame.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Last edited by TheAshmaker on Jan 28, 2016, 5:14:54 PM
That fucking Berserk.. DAMAGE, FREE UNWAVERING, FREE LEECH, FREE ATTACK SPEED
Seriously, this thing sounds like so much fun.

Templar.
Totems, not my playstyle, but hey, MINI VOLL'S DEVOTION.
Also, MANA TANKS IS BACK, right guys.. Guys?

Ranger.. Who the fuck thought having a dispel on literally every flask would be a good idea?
Mini-onslaught while using Flasks..? I'm wondering if this effect stacks.
Free Surgeon's..?
Poison on hit while using Flasks.

It's only the Templar I find really lackluster tbh, the Ranger is easily stupid broken.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
Last edited by Derpey on Jan 28, 2016, 5:21:07 PM
The Hierophant looks pretty good, I'm going to try to make a super MoM Templar with legacy CoD.
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
They are all strong and very well suited for niche projects.

They seem in line with the other classes so far.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Its odd they gave the alchemy spec to ranger. There is a lot of potential here for players wanting to build a flask based elemental/chaos/poison character.
While its not as directly as powerful as an additional chain or projectile it wins in the cool department.

Something to note is that most of these new classes finalize POE's path into hyper fast paced clear meta because you rely on killing quickly to proc to your passive effects.

There is also a huge amount of auto piloting in some classes and some more active skilling in others. Again, pushing PoE towards heavy automation and clearing with a single aoe skill.

I really like illuminated devotion and I hope more classes get interesting passives like these instead of ultra mega op buff on kill.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 28, 2016, 5:30:25 PM
"
Wadjet wrote:
The Hierophant looks pretty good, I'm going to try to make a super MoM Templar with legacy CoD.

Yeah, MoM with (legacy) CoD, the threshold jewel for Rallying Cry, Aylardex, and the Hierophant mana stuff seems incredibly strong defensively.

That's 40+#power charges% right off the top. Fortify eat your heart out.
Last edited by pneuma on Jan 28, 2016, 5:33:32 PM
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Wadjet wrote:

Yeah, MoM with (legacy) CoD, the threshold jewel for Rallying Cry, Aylardex, and the Hierophant mana stuff seems incredibly strong defensively.

That's 40+#power charges% right off the top. Fortify eat your heart out.

Might as well throw in

for good measure...
"The Eye of Ra appears against you,
His force is powerful against you.
She devours you, she punishes you
In this her name 'Devouring Flame."
-Anubis Hotep
That,s funny. Guess it is all about your perspective. Because I though Berserker was the lame one and the other two were pretty powerful. Every flask including unique ones can gain flask charges over time or get the added "surgeon's flask of staunching" mod. That's pretty kickass. And 12% of your max mana added as ES. Getting 2000 mana with some investment will give 240 ES, which is not insignificant. Not to mention the extra mana would give regen and let you run Clarity without much pain. And the 2 extra totems...even with the damage penalty having 2, 3, 4, or 5 totems out at once is quite a lot of coverage and damage. And 25% chance to gain an endurance charge when you gain a power charge....pretty much guaranteed to always have max endurance charges for crit builds.

Berserker is the one I thought was lame. I'd rather have permanent fortify than some lesser shorter duration mitigation and/or speed when you get hit for 20% of your life.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Hierophant - All I can say is Dauuuumn!
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info