The new Ascendancy classes seem kind of bland compared to the others

"
ObscureBalrog wrote:
imo bereserker is a little bit disappointing :(

"A little bit"? What you say? LITTLE?
No idea what your "a little bit" big, if it's Worst and lesser synergy, most stupid class in line with Jugger.

Look what decent synergy from Witch class can do, JUST ONE SMALL EXAMPLE:

http://i.imgur.com/XuLQM30.png

And how come Ber and Jugg looks to you "a little bit disappointing", when its BS classes. Marauder got nothing interested and no synergy, no strong node and no help to fix it.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
TreeOfDead wrote:

And how come Ber and Jugg looks to you "a little bit disappointing", when its BS classes. Marauder got nothing interested and no synergy, no strong node and no help to fix it.

Yeah, no. Witch self Bone Offering is great, no doubt about it, but all this Marauder whine is baseless. 100% life leech when you need it most (because you were hit) + Vaal Pact + Evasion (for entropy thing) / CWDT+IC = immortality. Especially since you are getting attack speed. Take a hit, you are immortal for ~0.5 seconds, during which you go back to full health. You can't die.

Or 100% cooldown recovery on warcries which also heal now. I can totally see build revolving around it.

Juggernaut has "can't be slowed" node. Let me translate it to you:
- immunity to Freeze
- immunity to Chill (including chilled ground)
- Temporal Chains basically turns into "more buff duration on you". If you reflect cast Temp chains on you your potions will practically never expire.

This is perfect for mapping.
Not a signature.
"
Turbodevil wrote:

- immunity to Freeze
- Temporal Chains basically turns into "more buff duration on you". If you reflect cast Temp chains on you your potions will practically never expire.

I dont think he will be immune to Freeze (and root). These are different effects.
Also, he wont be immune to chill, temp chains, etc.
He will still suffer from reduced MS and AS, just MS will remain at least 100% of BASE (which isnt fast really). If you reallt think of that as "immune", you'll be greatly dissapointed.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Feb 2, 2016, 3:37:10 AM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"Movement Speed" is a stat that only affects how fast the character runs. It has no effects on things like casting, attacking, or placing traps. Penalties to movement speed come from things like ground tar, or the movement speed penalty on armour.

"Slow" is a specific mechanic that modifies the speed all the character's animations, and thus affects everything they do. Slow is not a modifier to movement speed, and movement speed modifiers are not slows. Slow is caused by things like Temporal Chains, Chill, or Freeze.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Slow does not affect attack speed, cast speed, or movement speed - it is not a modifier to any of those things. It's a slow on the character that affects the speed of any animations to play, and operates at an entirely separate level from such speed modifiers.
Not a signature.
Last edited by Turbodevil on Feb 2, 2016, 3:05:40 AM
"
jomtoy wrote:
The Hierophant class means I can throw my Totem-Marauder into the trash now.

PoE always felt like i could play anything, there are so many crazy combinations around its simply awesome. But with the Ascendancy classes it feels like you have to play one specific class for a build. Want to use a bow? Better play Ranger! Summon stuff? Need a witch! Otherwise you'll miss the imba skills that the game will be balanced around. Thats somehow disappointing, especially for people who do not have 20 characters at lvl 90.

The moment i saw the new Templar class i instantly lost interest in playing my marauder (and even the game a bit).

I know where you are coming from, because it will pretty much wipe out the "if you want to use this build starting from one of the adjacent starting positions, all you have to change is these few nodes" aspect of current builds, but I think you are overreacting.

Take the "Want to use a bow? Better play Ranger!" example. Based on the skill trees revealed so far, it is not that simple. Sure, the Ranger's Deadeye and Pathfinder subclasses both bring good things to the table, but it isn't that simple a choice if you are looking at optimization - or just looking at what options you have to buff a bow build outside Ranger.

Say you are making a critical hit bow build. How do the Ranger subclasses compare to a Shadow Assassin that can more easily build power charges, has increased base crit%, etc.? That answer is non-trivial and depends on build. Or wait a minute, what about the even more specialized elemental critical hit bow build? The Templar Inquisitor starts looking appealing - the ability to ignore resistances on crit looks like a potentially huge game changer.

And then there's the Duelist Champion, who might be your choice if you have other priorities than maximizing dps. A permanent 20%+ damage reduction bonus after other damage modifiers coupled with faster movement and attack speed can either be used to skimp on other defenses compared to non-Duelist bow builds in favour of investing more points in offense (though that probably won't be as effective as using another class with an appropriate damage oriented subclass), or can be used to build an archer that's much tougher. There are bound to be players who find this more attractive than hunting for the highest tooltip dps display.

Marauder bow builds are less obvious, but if you do want to make one then Berserker's Pain Reaver and Aspect of Carnage look nice in general, while Juggernaut's Undeniable would help a lot with providing the missing accuracy that a critical hit bow Marauder otherwise suffers from... This is stretching it, I know - they are certainly not as obvious choices to build around as the examples listed above. I'm just saying, Marauder subclasses can provide something useful to a bow build if you are planning to make a bow build that uses some of the goodies in the Marauder area... And let's face it, there aren't a lot of current Marauder bow builds either, because the Marauder areas is, in general, not well suited to bow builds (apart from taking advantage of Lioneye's Fall in the west-most jewel slot between Marauder and Templar).

But where Marauder is arguably stretching it, who knows what the Scion will bring to the tree? We've been told it has something to do with tree mastery that, somehow, is good enough that in one single subclass it'll be of enough general usefulness to continue letting the Scion strike out in all directions as it is designed to, thus not neeeding three different subclasses to cater to different builds. (And hopefully not good enough to completely overshadow everybody other class' subclasses. Yeah, I don't know how they'll achieve both of those goals either.)

With zero knowledge of how GGG will implement this (general buffs to stats? more skill points? increased power of keystones? jewel bonuses? weird tree hopping? alien space bat intervention when you use the /dance emote?), it is nevertheless clear that if GGG succeeds in the goal of making it generally useful, there will be Scion bow builds as well.
Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
Last edited by Pi2rEpsilon on Feb 2, 2016, 3:50:12 AM
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
100% increased attack damage is pretty good.

First thing that sprang to mind....face breakers, will also work with bows.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Honestly, they all seem kind of boring to me.

Numerical values, oooooo, so exciting.

It's literally just the passive tree with new keystones.
"
Honestly, they all seem kind of boring to me.

Numerical values, oooooo, so exciting.

It's literally just the passive tree with new keystones.

I dont see any any key!
"
Turbodevil wrote:
"
TreeOfDead wrote:

Yeah, no. Witch self Bone Offering is great, no doubt about it, but all this Marauder whine is baseless. 100% life leech when you need it most (because you were hit) + Vaal Pact + Evasion (for entropy thing) / CWDT+IC = immortality. Especially since you are getting attack speed. Take a hit, you are immortal for ~0.5 seconds, during which you go back to full health. You can't die.

Or 100% cooldown recovery on warcries which also heal now. I can totally see build revolving around it.

- immunity to Freeze

First of all:

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Turbodevil wrote:

- immunity to Freeze

I dont think he will be immune to Freeze (and root). These are different effects.
Also, he wont be immune to chill, temp chains, etc.
He will still suffer from reduced MS and AS, just MS will remain at least 100% of BASE (which isnt fast really). If you reallt think of that as "immune", you'll be greatly dissapointed.

And about "100% life leech when you need it most (because you were hit) + Vaal Pact + Evasion (for entropy thing)" - WTF IS THAT BUILD? Maybe you plan to use Berz as Ranger? Or as Scion? Or how you gonna make a build? Where life node, damage, attack speed, armour, evasion, resistance, etc you gonna to get, if you plan to use HALF of your nodes to get it?

It looks like worst idea.

Still VP or atziri gloves way better than full class Berz. Btw take a look on another class: Templar or Shadow, they much more stronger, much more better, much higher synergy and combination and suit lot better for most builds.

So Marauder got absolutely worst classes than anyone. No melee in Ascendancy expansion.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
@TreeOfDead

1. Please quote less.

2. I answered slow point with GGG quotes. Look up. Juggernaut IS immunity to Freeze/Chill/Temp chains and no negative effect on you regardless of attack /cast speed, accoring to Mark.

3. Yea, bash the idea on unreleased content, why not. I just provided some way of utilising Berserker tree with savage hit mechanics. It seems to rely less on huge armour/phys dmg reduction, but rather on having been hit hard from time to time and quick recovery. So you need Vaal Pact / Aucity to insta regain health with every hit and preferably some avoidance (block, evasion, dodge, automated immortal call, you get to pick). Probably with lightning coil on top because it makes small hits hit harder and big hits gets reduced a lot. If that doesn't make sense to you then fine, arguing at this stage is pointless since we don't know the balance after expansion hits.

4. How am I going make build? I don't know Sherlock, expansion tree is unreleased yet (durr). On current tree, however, getting to Vaal Pact from largest life node cluster is about 13 points and you get armour / eva / resists on the way, you get jewel slots / life / aura / crit nodes nearby and have tons of options to build. Oh no, half my nodes wasted getting there... well, no.
Not a signature.
Last edited by Turbodevil on Feb 3, 2016, 3:17:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info