Your thoughts on the game speed meta?

You are completely misunderstanding the single point I'm trying to make.

You can not say "people clear maps in 1-2 minutes" When the fastest clear time is over 2 minutes for a select few players who've optimized their generally very expensive builds for that singular purpose when in actuality is it physically impossible to clear a T9 + map in less than 1 minute and 30 seconds. That is a gross exaggeration.

I'm not addressing your other points nor I am necessarily disagreeing with them. but you can not make obviously false statements and then draw vast generalizations about poe as a whole from them.

Streamers != general populace otherwise everyone who did not get a level 100 character in HC in 1 month is playing poe too slow and everyone not clearing gorge in under 2 minutes and 15 seconds playing poe too slow.

GGG can never balance against the top 5% of players and they've stated this fact many times. Nothing they can ever do to the game will ever stop havoc from reaching 100 in HC in remarkable time.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 31, 2016, 6:31:03 PM
One has to wonder how large a percentage of the active player base Frankenberry is thinking of when he talks about the "current meta" for their play.

We are talking about a person here who casually talks about playing 35 Zana maps in a day. I don't have access to GGG' usage data, but while the number of players who play that much or care that much about top performance is probably larger than I would expect, I also suspect that this puts him in a very exclusive club compared to the general player base.

Scionic Flametank 3.2: The classic ES-CI-ZO-GR regeneration tank is back in business, stronger than ever before with 50-60% ES/s recovery during most fights due to creative use of regeneration, leech, and recovery mechanics
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1271604
"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
One has to wonder how large a percentage of the active player base Frankenberry is thinking of when he talks about the "current meta" for their play.

We are talking about a person here who casually talks about playing 35 Zana maps in a day. I don't have access to GGG' usage data, but while the number of players who play that much or care that much about top performance is probably larger than I would expect, I also suspect that this puts him in a very exclusive club compared to the general player base.

Probably thinks everyone has a
with GG god tier gear all together or some shit lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Nephalim wrote:
You can not say "people clear maps in 1-2 minutes" When the fastest clear time is over 2 minutes for a select few players who've optimized their generally very expensive builds for that singular purpose when in actuality is it physically impossible to clear a T9 + map in less than 1 minute and 30 seconds. That is a gross exaggeration.
I figure it actually is possible. The way I see it is:
A. How fast can one accumulate 96 souls?
B. How fast can one move - just plain travel - from Gorge beginning to Gorge end?
If A+B<1m30s then it's likely possible to run it even faster.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 31, 2016, 7:25:17 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
I figure it actually is possible. The way I see it is:
A. How fast can one accumulate 96 souls?
B. How fast can one move - just plain travel - from Gorge beginning to Gorge end?
If A+B<1m30s then it's likely possible to run it even faster.

In theory a 2000 ES low life vsparker with maxed out attack speed could maybe possibly but its still a long shot due to activation time. There is also the issue of the boss 1 shotting you or being unkillable if you did not time your vspark correctly.

Regardless, such a build can not possibly be considered viable and not subject to discussion about something as generalized as the poe meta.

Let me clarify, It is physically impossible to clear a T9 + map in less than 1 minute and 30 seconds with a semi functional build.
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 31, 2016, 7:40:24 PM
"
"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:

Probably thinks everyone has a
with GG god tier gear all together or some shit lol

A 5L with those rolls cost 3ex. 3 ex is within reasonable range for almost everyone. Seriously -.- The 6th link is nice to have but not needed.

35 maps + 1 zana btw. Took 3 hours and 10 minutes. It was weekend :) nice long session of PoE. Today I didn't get to play much :(

Also I take it as a good sign I am right when I disagree with I_NO :)
Last edited by Frankenberry on Jan 31, 2016, 7:57:55 PM
If it reliably clears Gorge in under 2 minutes how is that not viable?

It's totally fine for a build to only be good at one particular niche, as long as that niche is worth doing.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 31, 2016, 7:54:29 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

It's totally fine for a build to only be good at one particular niche, as long as that niche is worth doing.

A 2000 ES low life build that clears gear but gets 1 shot by any random mob or a puff of chaos damage is viable and is completely worthless on a map non strand gorge or plat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR9cnZ-NsEA

This kind of mentality is worse than players who only care about single target dps.

I regret ever promoting clear speed centric builds because it has bred nothing but ignorance in the very opposite direction of dps centric builds.

Epeen dps has now turned into Epeen clear speed.
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 31, 2016, 8:02:52 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

A 2000 ES low life build that clears gear but gets 1 shot by any random mob or a puff of chaos damage is viable and is completely worthless on a map non strand gorge or plat?

This kind of mentality is worse than players who only care about single target dps.

ES especially lmao.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I don't think it's reasonable to believe builds like that would necessarily have EHP that low. Maybe the budget versions.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 31, 2016, 8:36:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info