Your thoughts on the game speed meta?

GGG nerfing reflect and releasing acuity marked the death of the tactical paced meta and reduced voltaxic from god tier to shit tier.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 27, 2016, 3:22:09 AM
High speed gaming is how it's meant to be.

God dam right.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Part of the "problem" is that so much is fully or semi automated now. Blasphemy, CoC, Curse on Hit (combined with Ball Lightning for example), and so forth. When I map, I rarely use more than two active skills (and chiefly just one), paired with a third one for mobility (which is also part of the automation, cf. Fortify). That impacts both the character's power (it's largely passive) and the player's playing speed (fewer keypresses or clicks needed).

I like all the QoL stuff I mentioned, but it undoubtedly has simplified and sped up the game tremendously.

I don't believe that making monsters faster is the solution. That would just emphasize technical issues such as latency and the frame drops.
The first time ive seen PoE: Hell, thats so god damn slow...

Im happy with that development.

I watched those days a D2 speedrun and, hell, im missing that speed a little bit ;)
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

honestly, I would greatly increase drop rate by 100 % and mob hp by 300 %... so the game would be slower but more rewarding ( per mob killed ).
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:
honestly, I would greatly increase drop rate by 100 % and mob hp by 300 %... so the game would be slower but more rewarding ( per mob killed ).

Wouldn't it also lower the number of builds that are perceived as viable? It would increase monster damage indirectly, because the longer a mob is alive, the more damage you take and the closer the mob will come to you. I think that would make melee even less attractive.
"
Mivo wrote:
"
Malone wrote:

Wouldn't it also lower the number of builds that are perceived as viable? It would increase monster damage indirectly, because the longer a mob is alive, the more damage you take and the closer the mob will come to you. I think that would make melee even less attractive.

And why the fuck do some of you like slow paced gaming wtf lol it's an ARPG.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
lukeiy wrote:
Clear speed is at an all time high. Everything explodes almost instantly and reflect is pretty much gone, run and gun is the metagame now. What's your thoughts?

Spoiler
I think monster life, attack speed and movement speed need to go up, their damage needs to go down. Nobody dies from getting surrounded anymore, its always a random one-shot which aint my cup of tea.

nononononnono M . .a . . y . . b . . e . . NonoNonoNonono.

Some new monsters with more variety in life, attack speed and movement speed would be good. Some could have all 3 boosted a bit, some might have a LOT more of one or two things.

Something that makes encounters more variable would spice things up a bit. If it's just an overall non-damage mob buff, than players will just shift skills and gear and keep playing just as before.

Some BIG hitting, slow moving mobs (with defenses tailored against fast skill attacks/spells) would be welcome as well.

I do think damage per HIT should be a factor and sometimes damage per second should be a NON-factor at times.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
I think its something a lot of people talk about like it matters and very few people actually play in a way where it matters. The clearspeed meta basically doesnt exist, about 0.001% of players are min/maxing clear speed and everyone else who rattles on about it is just trying to sound like they know what theyre talking about.

Everything clears faster now, its more enjoyable, reflect is a non issue because theres builds that dont care about reflect and bringing it back wont stop people doing what theyre currently doing, it will just drastically reduce the build/item diversity they have to chose from.

Cyclone is probably the slowest clearing "viable" skill in the game right now, I still play it, its still pretty fast. Etup plays it, didnt stop him hitting first 100 in a hc temp. He openly says hes no racer, has no race group, first day early leveling people are way ahead of him. But in the long run they either die or their build cant keep it up in high maps so it doesnt matter, he can play a slow as fk skill and still be ahead of virtually everyone because virtually nobody is doing min/max fast clearspeed ladder pushing play for more than a few days at the start of a league.

Apparently this forum is full of people who care way more about clearspeed and proper min/max play than Etup tho, with their lvl86 characters and their 3 exalt gear budget struggling to safely clear 73-76 maps with far from optimal builds. Or maybe this forum is full of people who talk a load of hot air? Surely not right?

I think the clearspeed obsession is a reality for an elite minority and a group delusion for the vast majority. I think if everyone just shut up talking about parts of the game they have little experience of and dont really effect them the entire impression one gets of the game from reading the forums would be entirely different.

I take it as it comes but I preferred long haul boss/elite fights of original D3 release. This game is all-AOE-all-the-time. I guess I understand it for people who like to farm but I dont farm. The combat tactics of longer haul fights would intrests me.

If I had my way all aoe/range skills would be reduced by 1/2. And monster HP doubled.

You want melee to shine? There you go as well.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 27, 2016, 6:40:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info