Your thoughts on the game speed meta?

Listen to the way people talk about the Act 4 mobs. It isn't going to happen. There'd be mutiny.

They have to sneak in more stuff like bearer packs to punish fast and careless play with reflect and thorns being toothless. They most certainly can disrupt the AoE meta a tad by making more bosses where single target is helpful. I have zero myself, and to fight Voll in maps at least I have to swap out chain.

If you can play fast and well, GG. I see a lot more dps and pray
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I take it as it comes but I preferred long haul boss/elite fights of original D3 release. This game is all-AOE-all-the-time. I guess I understand it for people who like to farm but I dont farm. The combat tactics of longer haul fights would intrests me.

If I had my way all aoe/range skills would be reduced by 1/2. And monster HP doubled.

You want melee to shine? There you go as well.

So you want to make an ARPG boring as fuck like every silly MMO - great!
No besides the absurd monster damage and 1 shot mechanics, PoE finally is in the right spot.
Finally you can play a lot of builds and most of them have acceptable speed, while in the past you were forced into one of 2-3 builds and everything else was slow and boring.

You guys always claim that the clearspeed is sooo high now, but in reality since closed beta there always were builds who were able to clear just as fast as any build now. (well maybe except vaal spark..)
Now there are just more viable builds
Last edited by azraelb on Jan 27, 2016, 7:14:26 AM
My wishlist:

1 Make buffs and support skills able to be cast while in the middle of an animation so they're not fucking useless when you play melee. Then make them unable to be triggered so people have to actually use more than one button.

2 Make Beyond and Nemesis mobs all have some immediately identifiable visual and audio cue so players know when they're facing something super dangerous without having to hover over every single mob encounter to stay safe. Then buff the shit out of those mods and make them super lethal.

3 allow players to do more difficult content even if they're not grinding for 100. It's okay to have to flush currency down the toilet to grind to 100, but for those who want to grind currency, there should be more options than faceroll tier 8 maps or dried lake (any map higher than T8 will likely return negative results when you factor in the sell price). Maybe a system where you can freely +X mob levels for higher IIR or something.

Those three things together would make this game a hell of a lot more enjoyable in my opinion.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
I have a righteous fire build, pretty much the laziest build ever... Its pretty damn quick.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
All tactics and skill have fled the game.

Everything is about your gear, your build, and your clicks per second.

If you die, it's because of your reaction time, not because of your strategy.

It's a garbage system that has gotten utterly out of hand.

It's frankly pathetic.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Etup plays it, didnt stop him hitting first 100 in a hc temp. He openly says hes no racer, has no race group, first day early leveling people are way ahead of him. But in the long run they either die or their build cant keep it up in high maps so it doesnt matter, he can play a slow as fk skill and still be ahead of virtually everyone because ...

... if you can play 18 hours a day, nothing else really matters.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
I think its something a lot of people talk about like it matters and very few people actually play in a way where it matters. The clearspeed meta basically doesnt exist, about 0.001% of players are min/maxing clear speed and everyone else who rattles on about it is just trying to sound like they know what theyre talking about.

Everything clears faster now, its more enjoyable, reflect is a non issue because theres builds that dont care about reflect and bringing it back wont stop people doing what theyre currently doing, it will just drastically reduce the build/item diversity they have to chose from.

Cyclone is probably the slowest clearing "viable" skill in the game right now, I still play it, its still pretty fast. Etup plays it, didnt stop him hitting first 100 in a hc temp. He openly says hes no racer, has no race group, first day early leveling people are way ahead of him. But in the long run they either die or their build cant keep it up in high maps so it doesnt matter, he can play a slow as fk skill and still be ahead of virtually everyone because virtually nobody is doing min/max fast clearspeed ladder pushing play for more than a few days at the start of a league.

Apparently this forum is full of people who care way more about clearspeed and proper min/max play than Etup tho, with their lvl86 characters and their 3 exalt gear budget struggling to safely clear 73-76 maps with far from optimal builds. Or maybe this forum is full of people who talk a load of hot air? Surely not right?

I think the clearspeed obsession is a reality for an elite minority and a group delusion for the vast majority. I think if everyone just shut up talking about parts of the game they have little experience of and dont really effect them the entire impression one gets of the game from reading the forums would be entirely different.

Speaking of hot air.

Cyclone, properly built, will give even top tier build a run for it's money on speed runs while still being far tankier. It's just the vast of cyclone guides try to build on it's inexpensive beginner friendly auto pilot herpa derpa aspect rather than optimize it's aoe for clearing.

Clear speed matters to very people compared to the amount of people who would rather obsess about how high they can get their tooltip dps.

As for the meta, I hope they don't nerf flasks and flask nodes and introduce socketed flasks and "Flask on damage taken" gems.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 27, 2016, 12:46:54 PM
I kind of miss reflect. Those crit backlash deaths were hilarious. Now my only surprises are when I offscreen a large Corrupting Blood pack and bleed out w/o noticing.

All my other deaths are pretty forseeable after I do something reckless and stupid.
"
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
I think its something a lot of people talk about like it matters and very few people actually play in a way where it matters. The clearspeed meta basically doesnt exist, about 0.001% of players are min/maxing clear speed and everyone else who rattles on about it is just trying to sound like they know what theyre talking about.

Everything clears faster now, its more enjoyable, reflect is a non issue because theres builds that dont care about reflect and bringing it back wont stop people doing what theyre currently doing, it will just drastically reduce the build/item diversity they have to chose from.

Cyclone is probably the slowest clearing "viable" skill in the game right now, I still play it, its still pretty fast. Etup plays it, didnt stop him hitting first 100 in a hc temp. He openly says hes no racer, has no race group, first day early leveling people are way ahead of him. But in the long run they either die or their build cant keep it up in high maps so it doesnt matter, he can play a slow as fk skill and still be ahead of virtually everyone because virtually nobody is doing min/max fast clearspeed ladder pushing play for more than a few days at the start of a league.

Apparently this forum is full of people who care way more about clearspeed and proper min/max play than Etup tho, with their lvl86 characters and their 3 exalt gear budget struggling to safely clear 73-76 maps with far from optimal builds. Or maybe this forum is full of people who talk a load of hot air? Surely not right?

I think the clearspeed obsession is a reality for an elite minority and a group delusion for the vast majority. I think if everyone just shut up talking about parts of the game they have little experience of and dont really effect them the entire impression one gets of the game from reading the forums would be entirely different.

Speaking of hot air.

yep, speaking of hot air here you are grant, as ever.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info