Your thoughts on the game speed meta?

Clear speed is at an all time high. Everything explodes almost instantly and reflect is pretty much gone, run and gun is the metagame now. What's your thoughts?

Spoiler
I think monster life, attack speed and movement speed need to go up, their damage needs to go down. Nobody dies from getting surrounded anymore, its always a random one-shot which aint my cup of tea.
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
No.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
No.

Excellent contribution!
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE͔̼͚͕̮̻̟̩̪̖̫̪̦͙̎̑͆̏ͨͅ
Which is why i love having high movement speed.
90 MS with grace + QoTF, was at 100 but i had to shift some points around cause i am poor.
Domine Non Es Dignus
I think we should go back to 10 minute map clears where you have to cast spell totem skeletons in a room and pre casting enduring cry before you could engage.

We should also make reflect scary again so only skilled and powerful players with acuity can progress past level 80.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
I think we should go back to 10 minute map clears where you have to cast spell totem skeletons in a room and pre casting enduring cry before you could engage.

We should also make reflect scary again so only skilled and powerful players with acuity can progress past level 80.

Part 2 of your post makes me think you are being sarcastic but I actually really enjoyed the days of part 1. Skele totem was so good.
Everything's triggered, sometime with more effectiveness than self cast, is a huge problem imho, and gameplay is too fast for my taste. I still do maps in 10 min btw, I pick up stuff, vendor for shards ; so 2014.

On a side note, I've never been a fan of skele totem, but I use decoy totem on all my builds. It is such a great defensive tool.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
I think I would enjoy a slower-paced, more tactical pace if you could somehow earn the same amount of loot in the same amount of time. That's exactly how I play Diablo 2 sometimes. Make a bunch of small charms with tons of MF and then play slowly while finding a lot of Legendaries and Set Items. It works for me.
"
lukeiy wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

Part 2 of your post makes me think you are being sarcastic but I actually really enjoyed the days of part 1. Skele totem was so good.

I definitely do not want to go back to the slow meta days. I think it's more tactical and perhaps even more skillful but it's not more enjoyable. To be fair, the time it takes to get from 90-100 is not that much faster factoring in what an utter ripfest this game has become. Mobs do so much more damage and player defenses have been nerfed across the board.

While relative exp/per minute is higher now, deaths/hours is also far higher so the net progress is not that far off but players get to feel powerful.

The game has already far passed the threshold of return. GGG should encourage and reward players to clear maps fast instead of obsess about how high they can get their tooltip dps but also similarly reward players who want to play cautiously and more slowly. With that said, poe is simply an optimization equation where you try to get the most exp and loot per min for a unit of time and purposely going against that will obviously yield lower output unless GGG releases a special slow meta map set where mobs do vastly more damage but award vastly more exp per mob so you can do your skeleton totem thing.

So the answer your question, No.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 27, 2016, 3:15:26 AM
I wouldn't mind you know being the ''elite'' players to have an acuity ^_^ so we an counter reflect right?

RIGHT?

That was fucking stupid even I hated that.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info