[POLL] Rate Path of Exile's acts (Poll on Page1)

Did Act 4 Cruel for the 2nd time today. I died twice in situations where I could have avoided it with caution. Difficulty has nothing to do with this opinion. The bosses are obnoxious as heck and just downright boring. Each of them has a relatively easy method of avoidance, if you fail at it you die pretty quickly and the entire time you fight you are moving more than you are attacking. The fights themselves are just downright bad and not fun. This isn't about being hard, it is about not being fun.
Act 1: A solid 8, the act is very good. However, I'll always remember it as the place where I got blind-sided by that red goat on my very first run, right after beating brutus, plus they moved the first waypoint and now it feels weird to me. Don't know why, it just does.

Act 2: A decent 6, mainly because I don't like the build and atmosphere of the Vaal pyramid tile. And having to run around the broken bridges on the first left area, gimmick my ***.

Act 3: A hefty 9, simply because I don't wanna give a 10 and boost Chris's ego. ;p Otherwise, love this act.

Act 4: 3. This act would have also been a 9/10 catagory for me.... Except my computer hates it and frankly, so do my eyes. Between Kaom's SRS and lava spamming, Daresso's sword spamming and Malachai's "just fill the screen with whatever you can" spamming, I can't even play the area properly. I get that it's the final boss and therefore has to be full of tiny gimmicks and super hard to beat.... But my laptop deserve to not have its curcuits fried also. XD

Anyway, that is my opinion on it. ^_^
Act One: 8/10
Act Two: 9/10 (Would be 10/10 if not for those damn monkeys)
Act Three: 8.5/10

Act Four:

On initial release, despite the absurd difficulty: 9.5/10

After running through it several times, despite the difficulty changes: 6/10

Why? Because it feels rushed. Only Dried Lake and Daresso's Dream feel "complete" to me. The rest feels as if it was pushed out the door before it was truly ready.

They introduced the nightmare concept for Daresso and Kaom, then gave Malachai's 'Godless Three' tiny arenas. As if they were just shoved in just so we could go "Oh, it's them!" Act four is honestly a bitter disappointment with only three redeeming qualities, in my mind:

1) The town is awesome, especially it's soundtrack.
2) Dried Lake is amazing for XP farming in Merciless.
3) Daresso's Dream is pretty cool to run through, due to the narration given while going through. It really expanded on his character - which is something the others should of received, as well.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
Act 1: 10/10
Act 2: 5/10
Act 3: 10/10
Act 4: 6/10

Act 4 is too linear and Act 2 is just the worst to me but good games have places you love and places you freaking hate
Act1 = 10/10
Act2 = 10/10
Act3 = 9/10
Act 3,5 = 6/10
Act4 = 4/10

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
ACT I - 9
II - 8
III - 7
IIII - 2

LAB - 0
Support the cause. Free the ascendancy points from LAB.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

Other top 3 issues. Make standard great again. Fix XP (add fatigue system). Fix lag.
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.
normal :
_act 1 10/10 - very good design, specially at 2 last cavern. i dont know if it is only me some times i heard creepy child laugh - not from merveil's child as usually. If u check out every npcs of this act, u can clearly see the start/the progress of our adventure to help/put to rest poor soul - despite it is quite mainstream.
_act 2 : 8/10 Story line not so good about 3 bandits, but i enjoy the open areas. Sidequest golden hand is quite suck because it is 3 zones away from main quest route.
_act 3 : 9/10 as pre-act 4 times, this is the perfect ending for the story line although no npc notice what we have done to dominus. I think they have to add some text/sound to this.
_act 4: 5/10 it is 5/10 not because of i am not enjoy play this act, actually the story that kill my moods, it is like some Square Enix try to use Lightning over and over again for FF13. Motip : boss behind other bosses - malachai and dominus- is quite bad, but act 4 solved many things in story like kaom and the love of daresso. If this is not a killing after killing game, helping them is quite a good choice.
cruel :
0/10 for all.
merc :
_act 2: -11/10 the greatest idea to put the harvest card in a place where no one farm, very legit for some one who think about it
_act 4: i actually have quite different feelings for act 4 merc, u stop after saving Descret, and start grinding Dry lake. I happy when reach this stage but it is not on the 4 act story line anymore.
Last edited by T_Speed on Jul 15, 2016, 3:05:00 AM
Act 4 = 1 skill point, thats explain everything.
Affliction master craft service Affliction My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Affliction veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Affliction SC master craft service Affliction SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Affliction craft PM: TreeOfDead
I'll keep this generic so it will be accurate later as well...

Older acts > newer acts

Nostalgia!

Spoiler
Newer stuff is always over-tuned, thus limiting playable builds. I look forward to enjoying act 4 after 5 comes out... act 5 after 6 comes out... etc...
with good computer

with my actual laptop
my english sux.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info