[POLL] Rate Path of Exile's acts (Poll on Page1)

"
Sexcalibure wrote:
So far

the average are:

Act1: 8.23/10 out of 1462
Act2:7.28/10 out of 1279
act3:6.70/10 out of 1267
act4: 5.18/10 out of 1389

seems like people dont like how hard act four is...

as far as im concerned Malachai is the coolest fight in the game
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
So far

the average are:

That's a bit of an assumption. Personally it just doesn't flow very well, the paths to daresso and kaom are far too long and then the rest of it feels rushed. I still prefer dom as the final boss in terms of mechanics and aesthetics. It feels like they tried just a little too hard with malachai and ended up piling stuff on top of stuff for the sake of it.

But then again I remember a lot of people bitching about act 3x and I thought it was done very well.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
So far

the average are:

That's a bit of an assumption. Personally it just doesn't flow very well, the paths to daresso and kaom are far too long and then the rest of it feels rushed. I still prefer dom as the final boss in terms of mechanics and aesthetics. It feels like they tried just a little too hard with malachai and ended up piling stuff on top of stuff for the sake of it.

But then again I remember a lot of people bitching about act 3x and I thought it was done very well.

the path to kaom is a little grueling, I actually dislike mines more. The path to Daresso is one of my favorite places in the whole game along with Belly of the beast. And the farming potential of dried lake is amazing.

To each their own I guess

I like and hate act one at the same time, ive just done it soooooo many times

act 2 is alot better since they streamlined it

act three is kinda meh but piety's lair area is just awesome
I dont see any any key!
I'm not surprised that Act 1 wins but I like A4 more than A3.
If malachai fight wasnt so awful I would keep a4 in much higher regard
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
So far

the average are:

or they dont undertand that new content is harder than content played already hundrets of times.

A4 is not harder than A3. And a4 is probably also shorther than a3 when you know what to do.

A4 boss fights are best moments of all acts.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Jan 20, 2016, 5:39:59 PM
A1 - Great
A2 - Great except going to Vaal
A3 - Great
A4 - Great except going to Koam and fighting Daresso
We're all just walkin' through this darkness on our own.
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
So far

the average are:

or maybe they just dont like it...

i dont find A4 harder, its just boring

the more content they add the less content they have...

let me explain, they are adding new acts, the skeleton, the structure of the game, but they forget to add flesh to it and by that i mean side quests and other little features that are fun to do in those long areas.

Add daily quests like :

"
"
quest: The missing half
objective:Bring both aidan and Nadia to ~50% hp, wait for them to merge into NadaN the full, kill it
Reward: 1 random divination card

or
"
quest: Reliquary
objective: Sacrifice Kaom's unique item
reward:random darkshrine effect
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Jan 20, 2016, 11:32:32 PM
ACT 1: rate 10

-AREAS: simply awesome areas!!!! The most of them are LINEARS (beach, ledge, prisoner's gate, ship graveyard), and SMALL!!!!! Good work in these 2 aspects!!!!! ;) The only one that i dislike with passion is the prison, because I HATE LABYRINTHS. Side note: the atmoshpere is fantastic... the desperation of being exiled in an ill place (lioneye watch), the tranquillity of mud flats, the peace of the sea ledge...

-MOBS: all fantastics!!!! Ok, not all... cannibals torches hurts TOO MUCH, but apart from this aspect, all mobs have REASONABLE DAMAGE and REASONABLE SPEED, and these things makes the game ENJOYABLE and never rage raising. SHAME FOR THE ACT BOSS FIGHT: the hole in the ground limits your movements, and there is too much stuff on the screes (too much ads, too much tornadoes that limit visibility). But the fight is well designed under the aspect of boss damage and speed (both very reasonables)

ACT 2: rate 7

-AREAS: apart from the good designed forests and fellshrine ruins, here begins the stupid flaws of POE level design: TOO MUCH LABYRINTHS (crypt, chamber of sins, vaal ruins, weaver chambers, caves before pyramid), that make you waste more time opening/closing the map to find the way, than playing; SENSELESSLY "DUPLICATED" LEVELS (just WHY vaal ruins, if after 10 minutes we must go to the pyramid?); TOO MUCH LONG MISSIONS (just WHY take 2 objects -maligaro spike and baleful gem- to poison the damn tree, when could be use just one?)

-MOBS: annoying (monkeys that runs everywhere), too much real world related (bears), boring (skellies, skellies, more skellies, even more skellies, countless skellies), rage fonts (hyper speed necromancers that resurrect an entire room in 3 seconds, and without you noticing them). At least, they have REASONABLE DAMAGE and REASONABLE SPEED, and the act final boss is a very well designed fight: NO MILLIONS OF ADS, NO MILLIONS PROJECTILES FIRED EVERYWHERE BY THE BOSS, and THE BOSS STANDS IN ONE PLACE (but remains lethal if you are overconfident... or go too close XD )

ACT 3: rate 4

-AREAS: here my balls fall so hard on the ground that cause an 8 grade Richter earthquake: every fucking time you must wander desperatedly in those TOO MUCH AMPLE SLUMS hoping to find the damn crematorium (wich is a LABYRINTH, moreover -.-); every fucking time you must do THREE sewers levels (wich are ALL labytinths); every fucking time, and this is THE WORST OF ALL, you must wander in the STUPIDLY IMMENSE WHAREHOUSE DISTRICT, full of obstacles and dead ends, while you "cry" and pray God to find the exit to the damn marketplace, while your rapidly-growing balls begin to make you difficult to see your monitor. Useless filler level -.- And imperial gardens/library? Just more labyrinths, so just more annoying map open/close... just more slower pace -.- Oh almost forgot... solaris temple -.- Immense and boring area, when for the 10TH time you wander in a boring and too much ample area hoping that it will end as soon as possible -.-

-MOBS: here begins the idiotic GGG's raging boner for "gatling-gun mobs": titty bitches (RETARDED damage) and plummed chimerals (RETARDED damage AND SLOW EFFECT -.-)!!!!! Here begins the idiotic GGG's raging boner for slowing the player (ice arrows statues and arctic breath frogs). Here begins the idiotic GGG's raging boner for STUPIDLY LIGHTNING SPEED RUNNING MOBS (undyings), STUPIDLY HARD HITTING MOBS (undyings) and STUPIDLY FAST HITTING MOBS (guess what? undyings!!! Surprised, huh?). Act boss (dominus):there are a little too much ads and "heroes" like the super speedy titty bitch or the whipper really hurts TOO MUCH. Bad bad bad design for these!!!! And bad design for the stream of lightning ghosts: too much damage, and ability of Dominus to turn while shooting (and not all times that wall saves you, especially when you know that, if you go to the other side of the wall, there are 10 exploding minions ready to oneshot you)

ACT 4: rate 1

-AREAS: i like the visuals of dried lake and mines (but not the fact that mines are.... LABYRINTH!!! Yes, another labyrinth -.-), and i like the "tribute" to the glorious ancient Rome Colosseum with Daresso grand arena. Other than this, levels are BORING LIKE HELL (just WHY Kaom area must have TREE levels? Two could be far more than sufficient), disgusting (belly of the beast), repetitive (just WHY another maze -crystal veins- when we already come out from TWO maze ones -mines 1/2- ???)

-MOBS: the worst of the world!!!! Off-screen mega powerful one-shotters (hero clustered totems in Kaom area), mobs that stop to being un-targetabble just when they emerge for dealing RIDICOLOUS DAMAGE to you (fire dogs), ultra powered gatling-gun mobs (Triskeriaki), COUNTLESS mob's waves in closed areas like if you are alone and try to fight the entire China's population in one time (daresso's pits), off-screen endless eye-ball spawning "cones" that repeatedly do ground spells, hordes of mobs that in an instant submerge you with ice arrows (hyrri sister) and firestorm (kaom chosen). And the bosses? My God... -.- The only one well designed is Voll, but the others.... -.- We have a stupid gigantic bird that if crits you with his wing swing, you are fucked. We have a boss that jumps like a retarded from one place to another while countless lava orbs fly in all directions (kaom). We have a RETARDED damage / RETARDED speed / UNAVOIDABLE DAMAGE duelist from wich you MUST be hitted... no matter how hard you try.... you WILL be harly hitted at least one time... and if not by him, by semi invisible blades that appears from nowhere and do a shitton of damage (daresso). We have a small room, even smaller if we count the too much numerous eyeball spawning things, in wich you must move between balls that occupy 3/4 of the already tiny space, while a gigantic one-shot laser menace you... all, obviously, while eyeballs continue to shoot lightning balls (piety) -.- And the final fight? Oh man.... -.- We have a RETARDED high damage smasher (my es witch went from 13,2k ES to just 1k es in one hit) that in a tiny room shoots 1) TENTACLES (big 3/4 of the room itself) 2) GROUND MINES 3) SCATTERING RED ORBS (3 from each) 4) GROUND WORMS 5) FIRE RING that pursues you (if all the rest were already not enough). All this, obviously, while he is invincible and you, trying to avoid its countless projectiles and the usual annoying ads, must find that squared inch of screen free from danger for go to kill just 1 of 3 "hearts". My vote for this act (rate: 1) is just because the op sayed "from 10 to 1". Otherwise, i would have give 0. Because this should be AN ARPG, you know. And NOT A TOUHOU. Here is an example of how the Malachai fight appears to my (bleeding) eyes....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji88FmxemAs
Act 1: 10
Act 2: 7
Act 3: 5
Act 4: 1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info