Mathil's Voltaxic Crit LA/Blast Rain - Cruise control the entire game. Uber Atziri Viable 2.2 ready

A BIG THX for this Guide. Lv95 in Perandus with a slightly modiefied Ranger/Raider, went up to Phase Acrobatics for extra safety. Plus,I love this Flask:

"
theory75 wrote:
Hello,

Finally found a VR, so I'm eager to try this build out! I already have a pair of Maligaro's gloves sitting in the stash waiting, so basically all I need (for starters anyways) is the helm.

A couple of questions I hope somebody could answer:
1) Is Drillneck a bad quiver for this build, or could it be utilized until a better rare quiver is found / bought?
2) I'm seeing quite mixed feelings about the original skill point allocations that Mathil posted - is the build too squishy this way? If it is, is there some kind of consensus what should be tweaked? As I understood Acrobatics would be a great defensive addition to this, how about Phase Acrobatics as well? What should be left out in order to get them?
3) I'm on the fence whether to do this from Shadow or Ranger. Assassin has a huge amount of crit added to the build, but is it too narrow specialization? The other one I'm thinking is the Deadeye from Ranger. Would the accuracy become a problem without it? Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

1) Drillneck isn't particularly good for this build. It can be used, and it can be good, but generally we're going with Chain rather than Pierce. Drillneck also has no Lightning Damage, Elemental Damage, Crit Chance/Multi either, all of which are important to add DPS to the build.

2) Mathil has mentioned in his video guide that he's playing this more glass-cannon style. You can take the full acrobatics tree for more defense. You can use Enfeeble/Warlord's Mark for more defense/leech instead of Assassin's Mark.

Possible options are to leave out (based on his trees on the first page), or wait until higher leves to spec into:
- The projectile damage nodes from the Ranger starting path. I took both of the 16% projectile damage and life/evasion starting nodes, but skipped the 4 nodes after the 16% for defensive use elsewhere.
- Aspect of the Eagle/Lynx chain. (Both add to Phys damage which isn't super useful. But you lose a good chunk of crit chance/projectile damage).
- The nodes by the Scion area. Nice boosts to Crit/Life and an extra jewel slot. Great boosts as you get into the 90s, but not totally necessary.

You only need 6 additional points to take the full Acrobatics tree. I would recommend the 4 points from the proj damage nodes at the start, and hold off on the last jewel slot in the scion area.

3) I can't speak for Scion/Shadow, but Deadeye is a very strong tree for Rangers. Far Shot is up to a 30% multiplier depending on distance, and take Ricochet allows you to drop the chain gem from LA, increasing by quite a lot.

"
BlackzTears wrote:
Spoiler
"
Nitorita wrote:
"
Damier wrote:

Farshot. It is a 1.3 Multiplier if you use it correctly.

Okay, thanks. I considered just grabbing the two plain nodes for +20% Crit Chance and +20% Damage, but I'll trust your judgement.

If I only have a 5L bow and chest, what should I drop in the LA and BR links?

Also, what are your Bandits? Oak/All/Kraityn?

Thanks a bunch!!

You can find almost all answer in post #1 of Mathil.
"
Mathil wrote:
Bandits - Life (Oak)--- 8 Attack Speed (Kraityn) --- Frenzy Charge (Kraityn)

"BANDITS? BANDITS? BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDITS?"
Spoiler

It's just about this but life from normal, attack speed in cruel and frenzy in merciless. You can choose to get a power charge in merciless but I felt I could keep frenzies up much more reliably so I was happier to take that.

Blast Rain + WED + Conc effect + Poison + Void Manipulation (6L+ Add Lightning Damage)

Lightning Arrow + GMP + WED + Added Lightning + Void Manipulation (6L+ Inc Critical Strikes)

I was finally able to 5L my bow, adding Poison to the links. Even in it's newly nerfed state, it adds so much damage. Couldn't believe how much faster I killed, and it's not even leveled up yet.
Last edited by nEgativezEro89 on Mar 23, 2016, 11:37:17 AM
"
3portas wrote:

Maligaros is a noob trap, its better to use facebreaker/shadows and dust. (thx to nerfs to multi)
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Noob question but how do I link my gear in here? Need some help :p
"
BlackzTears wrote:

Blast Rain + WED + Conc effect + Poison + Void Manipulation (6L+ Add Lightning Damage)

Lightning Arrow + GMP + WED + Added Lightning + Void Manipulation (6L+ Inc Critical Strikes)

Daimler's Crit Voltaxic build probably differs a little from Mathil's, so I wanted to ask for his advice instead. Thanks for the clarification on the 5L though!

"
majtyftw wrote:

If you have to ask, then you should probably search poe.trade for a 5L or 6L Voltaxic and chest and buy them instead. Crafting is a semi-advanced concept that can be a huge money waster, often times more than just buying it from somebody else.

If you're talking about how to get the Skill Gems working together, you need to have the sockets on the bow/chest to be the correct colour (Red, Green, or Blue) of the gems. The order doesn't matter (99% of the time), but make sure you have at least a 5L or 6L for the setup. You can always throw Chromatic Orbs at the bow or chest until you have the right colours.
Last edited by Nitorita on Mar 23, 2016, 1:25:52 PM
"
majtyftw wrote:

During your post, click on your character at the top of the page. Click on any item and it will be pasted in the text
IRL stuff
"
Ayvi wrote:
"
majtyftw wrote:

During your post, click on your character at the top of the page. Click on any item and it will be pasted in the text

Okey, thanks for the help :)
"
Nitorita wrote:
"
BlackzTears wrote:

Daimler's Crit Voltaxic build probably differs a little from Mathil's, so I wanted to ask for his advice instead. Thanks for the clarification on the 5L though!

"
majtyftw wrote:

If you have to ask, then you should probably search poe.trade for a 5L or 6L Voltaxic and chest and buy them instead. Crafting is a semi-advanced concept that can be a huge money waster, often times more than just buying it from somebody else.

If you're talking about how to get the Skill Gems working together, you need to have the sockets on the bow/chest to be the correct colour (Red, Green, or Blue) of the gems. The order doesn't matter (99% of the time), but make sure you have at least a 5L or 6L for the setup. You can always throw Chromatic Orbs at the bow or chest until you have the right colours.

LA + GMP + WED + Added Lightning + Void Manipulation + Critical Strikes _ONLY_ holds true if you re using a Helmet with the enchant "Lightning arrow hits 2(3) additional enemies" _AND_ are Deadeye. I've tested it w/o being Deadeye or being Deadeye and w/o the helmet enchant. It was a bit lackluster.

So If you dont have the enchant and you re not Deadeye it is:

LA + GMP + WED + Chain + Added Lightning +6L would be Void Manipulation.

I agree on the Blastrain order though.
Last edited by Damier on Mar 23, 2016, 2:12:51 PM
"
Damier wrote:

LA + GMP + WED + Added Lightning + Void Manipulation + _ONLY_ holds true if you re using a Helmet with the enchant "Lightning arrow hits 2(3) additional enemies" _AND_ are Deadeye. I've tested it w/o being Deadeye or being Deadeye and w/o the helmet enchant. It was a bit lackluster.

Ah, then what if I am Deadeye BUT don't possess that enchantment on the helmet? What would change in the LA link?

The cheapest Rat's Nest with that particular enchantment is 20ex, which is clearly not a budget play. There are cheaper non-Rat's Nest alternatives though.

Would you say grabbing the enchantment is practically a necessity for the build? If so, I will search around poe.trade for something reasonable.
"
Nitorita wrote:
"
Damier wrote:

LA + GMP + WED + Added Lightning + Void Manipulation + Critical Strikes _ONLY_ holds true if you re using a Helmet with the enchant "Lightning arrow hits 2(3) additional enemies" _AND_ are Deadeye. I've tested it w/o being Deadeye or being Deadeye and w/o the helmet enchant. It was a bit lackluster.

Ah, then what if I am Deadeye BUT don't possess that enchantment on the helmet? What would change in the LA link?

The cheapest Rat's Nest with that particular enchantment is 20ex, which is clearly not a budget play. There are cheaper non-Rat's Nest alternatives though.

Would you say grabbing the enchantment is practically a necessity for the build? If so, I will search around poe.trade for something reasonable.

No it's not, just use the The above Order i posted :-) You can play with ease w/o it. It's just a huge boost. And btw. 20 exalts is freaking overpriced.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info