Mathil's Voltaxic Crit LA/Blast Rain - Cruise control the entire game. Uber Atziri Viable 2.2 ready

"
Mathil wrote:
Passive Tree Discussion:
- Passive tree may be started as Shadow, Scion or Ranger. I chose Ranger because it was easiest to level with.

Don't forget Duelist! Should be especially good for hardcore players with the upcoming Champion Ascendancy class and perma Fortify.

"
- Duelist leech needs give 2% life leech which negates the need for a life leech gem and enables Vaal Pact.

Yeah, I was wondering about this. Do you really need Vitality Void? And why Vaal Pact? The insta leech seems super low when it matters (single target).

"
Chest - Rare evasion, Lightning Coil, Daresso's Defiance, Belly of the Beast

Cherrubim's Maleficence is a good choice too, aside from the lack of resists (which I also struggle with). The increased leech makes it easier to drop Vaal Pact and Vitality Void.

Another thought: Split Arrow. Maybe I'm crazy, but my clear speeds feel about the same with Split Arrow as they do with Lightning Arrow, there's a bit less lag, and the mana cost is lower. Works well with SA + FA + WED + Added Lightning + Void Manipulation + Chain.

Anyway, strong and fun clearing build, +1 for playing successfully without armour, AA, or Acro! I really hope this gets left alone (or buffed, hehe) for the expansion. I could *maybe* understand Blast Rain or Void Manipulation/Controlled Destruction changes, but everything else feels like it's where it should be.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Jan 4, 2016, 10:05:12 PM
Well, the instant leech is actually pretty insane. If you look at the uber vid, the leech from blast rain let him tank through the ball lightning from the Vaal.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Im really having mana issues and how the hell do u run 3 auras ?
"
Etherfire wrote:
Well, the instant leech is actually pretty insane. If you look at the uber vid, the leech from blast rain let him tank through the ball lightning from the Vaal.

Ah, I guess that makes sense with Blast Rain considering how it hits. I've been using Frenzy for a while, recently switched to Blast Rain, and Frenzy just doesn't compare (aside from sometimes being easier to hit fast-moving targets, at least when you have a clear line of sight).

"
Dingping wrote:
Im really having mana issues and how the hell do u run 3 auras ?

This build only runs two (Wrath + HoT or HoI), but you can squeeze in a third if you take Charisma, and it helps if you link Wrath to Enlighten or take Primal Spirit or Druidic Rite on the tree.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
I will give this build a try I guess :)
Just 4 small remarks/questions :
1) why taking only 2 frenzy charges in the Passives ? taking the 3rd and last sounds like a good boost to me !
2) projectile damage is really that important ? I played a couple of phys-bow build, and projectile damage was always disappointed in it.. also, why don't you take Slower pojectile ? LA seems already super fast, and it won't suffer than the slower speed that much no ?
3) attack speed sounds like a top stat (looking at cruel's bandit choice), why don't we take Quickstep in passives then ? :o
4) What's the point of HoI ? Herald of thunder seems like the great winner considering the Quality, no ? Am I missing something ?

Thanks in advance for answers !

Thana
Last edited by Thanarchy on Jan 5, 2016, 9:59:55 AM
Another sick thing is:

in conjunction with Hungry Abyss Jewel...
"
Thanarchy wrote:
I will give this build a try I guess :)
Just 4 small remarks/questions :
1) why taking only 2 frenzy charges in the Passives ? taking the 3rd and last sounds like a good boost to me !
2) projectile damage is really that important ? I played a couple of phys-bow build, and projectile damage was always disappointed in it.. also, why don't you take Slower pojectile ? LA seems already super fast, and it won't suffer than the slower speed that much no ?
3) attack speed sounds like a top stat (looking at cruel's bandit choice), why don't we take Quickstep in passives then ? :o
4) What's the point of HoI ? Herald of thunder seems like the great winner considering the Quality, no ? Am I missing something ?

Thanks in advance for answers !

Thana

I'll try to answer, though I'm no expert:

1. The passives are stretched really thin, there's so much stuff you want. There are a lot of good passives 2, 3 points away - a third frenzy charge, Acro, Quickstep, Arcing Blows cluster, that Mathil didn't get, but would all be seriously considered if he leveled past 92. But what's on the tree is more important.

2. Well, it's about as good as lightning, chaos damage. It works for both of your skills at all times. Also for the leveling process. It's just a solid, always good damage stat.

3. See 1.

4. HoI is more reliable Power Charge generation when mapping, but HoT is better for stuff like Atziri.
Thanks for the answers :)
Still thinking about 4), can u detail how HoI generates more PC ? I was thinking purely about a DPS aspect (a mate got PCoC + Conduit actually but still thinking was to run solo ^^)

Thx in advance again
"
Thanarchy wrote:
Thanks for the answers :)
Still thinking about 4), can u detail how HoI generates more PC ? I was thinking purely about a DPS aspect (a mate got PCoC + Conduit actually but still thinking was to run solo ^^)

Thx in advance again

It is the way that HoI generates charges. When you kill enemies, the ones around them (if any are left) are then cursed.

With HoL, you have to be close to the enemies for your curses to go off and thus isn't optimal for an archer who is never supposed to be near their opponents.

Yes, HoL is more DPS but HoI is more charge generation. Personal preference and is up to you

Bloodzy

EDIT: If you include the power charges you get from HoI vs no charges from HoL, you get more DPS boost from HoI
Last edited by Bloodzy on Jan 5, 2016, 11:51:16 AM
This build is awesome. Just like most other chaos builds this patch.

Do you think this will get nerfed? It seems liek a lot of chaos builds in general are just way better than other options. For instance, there is very little reaosn to go fire without chaos conversion anymore.

Curious on your guys thoughts.
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info