Mathil's Voltaxic Crit LA/Blast Rain - Cruise control the entire game. Uber Atziri Viable 2.2 ready

Having a ton of fun leveling this build so far...

is just insane leveling with Split Arrow in the talisman!

But yeah, a leveling section would be nice. I'm level 30, and just got Golem's Blood with the Piety skill points. Figured I'd head to grab the Duelist area and some life first, seeing as damage is not an issue yet...I had 600dps in A1N. Wild.
"
Grocery wrote:
This build is awesome. Just like most other chaos builds this patch.

Do you think this will get nerfed? It seems liek a lot of chaos builds in general are just way better than other options. For instance, there is very little reaosn to go fire without chaos conversion anymore.

Curious on your guys thoughts.

Well, crit ele bows(ripper/voltaxic) were already pretty powerful, then GGG gave us 2 free links. On top of that voltaxic gets access to poison, which is better for uber as you can just DOT stuff while running around. Overall I'm pretty sure that ripper will have better clear and dps since we can cap crit, but voltaxic just happens to be better for uber. Not too many differences between the two at the end of the day.

As for other chaos or fire-to-chaos builds, its going to get nerfed, but then again, GGG tends to overpower new stuff.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Etherfire wrote:
"
Grocery wrote:
This build is awesome. Just like most other chaos builds this patch.

Do you think this will get nerfed? It seems liek a lot of chaos builds in general are just way better than other options. For instance, there is very little reaosn to go fire without chaos conversion anymore.

Curious on your guys thoughts.

Well, crit ele bows(ripper/voltaxic) were already pretty powerful, then GGG gave us 2 free links. On top of that voltaxic gets access to poison, which is better for uber as you can just DOT stuff while running around. Overall I'm pretty sure that ripper will have better clear and dps since we can cap crit, but voltaxic just happens to be better for uber. Not too many differences between the two at the end of the day.

As for other chaos or fire-to-chaos builds, its going to get nerfed, but then again, GGG tends to overpower new stuff.

Actually, Voltaxic could leech life with Hungry Abyss, so it's just +1 link.

And i absolutely agree, if you want farm maps oneshotting mobs, you need Windripper - it provides more DPS, higher crit and MF on top of that.
I see no point going so squishy with Voltaxic, btw.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
my leveling gear right now

extremely cheap but 1 shotting every pack. just some stuff i wasnt able to sell for 1 alch + random rares. i was considering flame totem but bows are surprisingly good for leveling now. i tried storm cloud but roth's reach is better. the chain just works out real nice and while the dps on the tooltip is lower, the first shot does more damage.

still i would like to know what the "core" passives are, or what is most important to get immediately.

another question. i have this

and plan to remove the + ele damage. would you suggest crafting it again (with a higher roll) or just adding flat evasion?
Last edited by goldnugget on Jan 5, 2016, 3:19:04 PM
I've been playing with both the windripper and voltaxic. I kept dieing to reflect even with vaal pact. Mostly from off screen mobs with elemental reflect...the clear speed really is similar but I prefer voltaxic since I'm not instantly dieing. I do love that I can use both with the same tree.

Is there any way to get a leveling guide for this i really like the build just not sure what steps to take to get there
i run almost same build as you since 2.1 came...didnt tried uber with it yet so nice to see it is doable.

The question tho : on uber atziri movie you got 4.6k hp and on other movies 4.1k - from what did u get that extra 500 hp - items or passive change?

PS.
For normal map clears faster attack on BR is much better- you mostly 1-3shot bosses anyway:P and on t14+ maps bosses dies from few hits also...:)

Loving this, but a leveling portion would be a great addition to the guide.

Some tips from my experience:
-Get a Storm Cloud ASAP. Super cheap, and amazing for leveling, it can carry you right though til Voltaxic.

-Fill out your Crit on the tree first. Specifically Trickery and Coldhearted Calculation help a ton, because you also need the INT from them to start using Wrath.

-An INT neck makes it easy to meet Wrath's requirements, and you should aim to use it as soon as you can.

-I rushed to the leech nodes, and early on they don't work that well. If I did it again, I would get a cheap elreon ring and focus on damage at least until the end of normal. After that, you start doing enough damage to sustain life and mana from leech alone.

-Shrapnel Shot is pretty good from the start, but use Lightning Arrow and Blast Rain as soon as they're available.

-Weapon Elemental Damage support gem is your biggest damage increase early on

-Buy or mule 2 Added Lightning gems as early as possible

-Ondar's Clasp are great early on, as you don't get hit often

Would love to see tips or suggested leveling uniques from anyone else in the thread too :)
"
absolutefury wrote:
I've been playing with both the windripper and voltaxic. I kept dieing to reflect even with vaal pact. Mostly from off screen mobs with elemental reflect...the clear speed really is similar but I prefer voltaxic since I'm not instantly dieing. I do love that I can use both with the same tree.

Man that is true on reflect. I am at level 66 now, used a Storm Cloud for leveling. I made it to Cruel Dry Lake Bed and went... I only need a few levels for Voltax so I did those there. I would run into Yellow Refect Mobs that I would die in one shot... I was like what the heck !

As soon as I fitted the Voltax, only 5-Link atm, and a 5-Link Coil no more Reflect problems, plus the rest of Cruel was simply no effort. I think this is the first time any mobs in Act 4 were simply not an issue. Well I was 10 levels above content but ... LOOL Even still even Malachi dropped with hardly a major fight.

Very happy with this build so far, but the best... mapping is yet to come for me.
Playing this build currently, broken AF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info